Snapdragon 800 and 8MP front-facing cam penciled for next Oppo Find smartphone
1. siluro (Posts: 46; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I hope they aren't using the same Sony 13MP sensor that was pretty much one of the only things holding back the Find 5. Very nice though, I'd love to see what changes they've made in only a few months.
6. Kurai (unregistered)
Sony's censor has nothing to do with it . . . oppo just failed to optimize their software for the censor to use it's full potential just like sony failed to do with the xperia z . . .
9. siluro (Posts: 46; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
If the creator of the sensor can't even do it themselves, how can you say it's not the sensor? Sounds like bad design to me regardless and Oppo can surely find more suitable camera sensors for their next phone.
12. Obie-Wan (Posts: 31; Member since: 24 May 2012)
Thats the sad truth. Sony kinda does a bad job at their SP camera departement. But their sensors are fine, iP5,SGS4 use Sony's sensors too
14. _Bone_ (Posts: 2124; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Actually Oppo ridicules the XPeria Z in photo quality, they just don't use any noise reduction so pictures at higher ISO feature color noise. Which leads myself to the conclusion that the Exmor RS in the Galaxy S4 Octa is one generation fresher. The Oppo one is still very capable and virtually untouched.
2. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6376; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Is it me or Oppo just trying too hard too get attention from the rest of the world?
10. SleepingOz (unregistered)
The Find 5 is a very very good device! Even better than the XZ!
They actually deserve more attention. I might consider their next Find as a secondary smartphone.
23. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3992; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They deserve more attention. Not only do they have some of the best specs, but the design and software on the Find 5 are beyond high quality.
3. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oppo should also place their logo on the front of the phone, just like other smartphone manufacturers. I don't want people to ask me "What phone is that?".
Oppo smartphones are not bad, the problem is the placement of the "Oppo" logo.
7. alltechinside (Posts: 236; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
We don't see an Apple logo on the front LOL Whether Oppo had the logo on the front or back, it shouldn't affect the person's decision of getting this phone.
8. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Apple is different, everybody recognizes the circle physical home button.
Not everyone knows Oppo, so they should place the "Oppo" logo on the front of the phone, and they also need to advertise their phones as well, maybe advertise it on TV, or maybe billboards?
11. alltechinside (Posts: 236; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
What about Nexus? I think you get the point.
Having a logo on the front won't affect much. I wouldn't want Oppo to add in a logo on the front which could potentially ruin the design. (We all hate carrier logo being in the way)
I do agree with you that Oppo needs to advertise more.(Or do they advertise at all?) I've heard about Oppo last year, and they peaked my interest this year.
13. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes, I hate the carrier logo too, especially the big AT&T logo on the front of the phone.
And I guess you're right, having a logo on the front won't affect much, and if Oppo add a logo on the front it will ruin the design.
But a phone with no logo on the front makes me feel like the phone is unbranded (unknown), I don't like that. I know the Nexus and the iPhone don't have logo on the front of the phone too, but these two phones are different, because these two phones are well-known.
Just look at some of the chinese smartphone manufacturers like Huawei and ZTE, their phones have logo on the front of the phone right? Even though their phones have logo on the front, but it won't ruin the design.
(Hope you will get what I mean, cause my English is not so good.)
16. alltechinside (Posts: 236; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Fair enough :)
Verizon logo on the Galaxy Note III button is probably the worst I've ever seen XD
20. alltechinside (Posts: 236; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Ahh damn I meant Note II*. Too late to edit now :(
4. Rayanx10 (Posts: 45; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
great powerful specifications. they killed it. thought i wish it was brand we know like Sony,HTC,Samsung,LG,Nokia.
5. alltechinside (Posts: 236; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Oppo makes amazing smartphones, too bad their brand isn't very recognized. Oppo is probably the most underrated Smartphone manufacturer. Oppo + Nexus would be a nice combination.
15. JMartin22 (Posts: 862; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I don't buy from lesser brands like these and the other Chinese ones. Even if they pack a top rate piece of hardware into the phone, they're badly supported and they release multiple phones in a single year.
17. alltechinside (Posts: 236; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Oppo is very well supported by developers. What ironic about your statement is that Oppo is updates this phone frequently. What's even more awesome about Oppo Find 5 is that they ACTUALLY read suggestions (made by users) on their forums and add it to their phone. How amazing is that!
18. scsa852k (Posts: 287; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
They're launching a successor in the same year?
21. mydi.maus (unregistered)
front cam is 8 mp?wow..
22. GeekMovement (Posts: 1501; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I'd LOVE an 8mega pixel camera on the front of my phone...
24. bnick25 (Posts: 35; Member since: 05 May 2013)
Only thing is it better be under 500 for a china phone just cant see spending that much