Samsung manual confirms existence of Snapdragon 800 S4
1. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8356; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
How many versions of the S4 are they going to make? They're making the same mistake HTC made.
4. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Yep, samsung is dominating just about everybody around the world, and has the 95% plus profits in android. They certainly are making huge mistakes. I wonder what would happen if they started doing things right?
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3396; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
There are just too many versions and variants of S4 that it is not easy to be ignored.
Somehow, they are diluting the sales of the original S4 flagship. And it's not always a good thing when there are more versions than you can actually name and set apart.
Just two, if they have to...just two versions is quite enough.
They already pass the stage of doing the 'right' thing.
15. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
"They already pass the stage of doing the 'right' thing." What makes you think they passed this stage(other than your opinion)? S4 is and will be the best selling android phone this year. Other samsung phones are selling more than all the others. I remember people saying the same thing about phone sizes, and we all know how that turned out.
16. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Besides, making different phones and giving them different names is more of HTC thing.
17. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Such a FANBOY, you don't need to defend you're favorite brand..
20. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
One Sign of Fanboyism is calling a brand in a pet name.. Come here "Sammy Sammy Sammy" LOL
19. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Whatever that goes up must come down. Just wait and see, Samsung will also fall in the future if they stick to this kind of strategy.
22. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
i think samsung is purposely taking a risk and knowingly wanting to waste money by making these other phone under same S4 name. They just want to create their brand "S" series name know. and they are actually ruining it. people from s2 times would remember it being the badass phone but now its about commercialization more than wanting to fill consumer needs.
10. Commentator (Posts: 3377; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Say something positive about Samsung. I dare you.
2. medicci37 (Posts: 1184; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Must be nice to be a consumer in Korea. In the USA when taxpayers subsidize a company, we get nothing in return
6. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Subsidizing companies helps keep domestic jobs.
14. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Would be even nicer to be a consumer in Japan!
3. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Welp, my brother who got an S4 literally a few weeks ago will not be happy being made irrelevant in just a few weeks.
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2150; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
If a smartphone makes your brother relevant then he deserves to feel crap about some Korean version having 20% more performance.
21. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
There was a typo, or rather I missed a word or two. I meant the phone being overshadowed in power and capability so quickly. But thats how it goes in a new, hot market.
But were it the case it wouldn't be all that different than anyone else. Some hipsters would claim that "my possessions don't make me" but really thats how society is, including most people. People feel bad when they buy some trendy gadget, clothing, etc. and have it dismissed all too quickly.
Yes, generally many people act in that shallow way even if subtly. But of course I'm sure someone here is gonna get on a soapbox and tell me all about how they reached equilibrium and they're better than everyone.
Also since I'm sure that someone will say I'm substituting my brother for me, yeah I do have an s4, we both got it around the same time. My only beef with it is some UI stutter that shouldn't really be there. That's about it.
7. pokedude750 (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Samsung needs ANOTHER Variant. Come on now, Your gonna start wasting money
12. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
don't mean to be the usual troll,but i really have the urge to say congratulations to all you people who bought the s4. =P
13. drkavint (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
samsung thought iphone as its only competetor , now seeing htc design, sony waterproof huawei mega screen and nokia eos camera it is verymuch insecure... wants to break into each by launching different products..ina hurry attempt it has failed to see the pricetag of its own device.. what a pity lg is eating into it...
s4 with 20mp cam, water and shatter proof build , 3 years warrenty , 2.1 speakers,4200mah battery.. samsung could have sacrificed thiness as a feature and added these..it wod have been master piece and crown for next 3 years... samsung wasted an oppertunity.
18. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
GALAXY S4 SuperMegaActiveZoomMiniExtravagant!
24. davenycept (Posts: 200; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I agree..when you make these "special versions"it waters down the product
25. godsdragon (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Dec 2012)
That is were greed eventually leads all companies, individuals... The higher we rise the further we drop.. What goes up must come down...