Qualcomm Toq smartwatch with Mirasol display to offer "days of battery life", due in Q4
1. Tsoliades (Posts: 216; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
The UI looks ugly. Hope they refine that.
2. ZeroCide (Posts: 714; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
I think the Smartwatch trend is getting out of control!
3. papss (unregistered)
Don't like the look of the hone but days without charge is what SS should have offered.
4. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Ooohhh, a mirasol display. It's about time they got on the market. With days of battery life this could actually be useful. Really hope that isnt the UI though....
5. turbalejo (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 May 2012)
why are the first major smart watches of the gate in 4:3 aspect ratio. I would have hoped one of the big players would have been a bit more bold and released a version in landscape/16:9 ratio.
7. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
What are you watching movies on your watch? If not then don't worry about the aspect ratio. 4:3 does not mean low resolution like a lot of people think it does, 4:3 is better for a square shaped screen for several reasons. the closest to 1080p 4:3 that is common is 1600x1200.
8. Captain_Doug (Posts: 913; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
4:3 is just fine for a smartwatch. Although I would like to see a 16:10 here and there.
10. turbalejo (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 May 2012)
agree with ok look, just boring vs. a more landscape shape here....
9. turbalejo (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 May 2012)
not for movies Shatter. simply put, the 4:3 just looks boring.