Possible keyboard and dialer from HTC Sense 5.0 leaked
3. Pings (Posts: 301; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I really liked Sense a lot! Until ICS came out...
15. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1175; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
yup this looks bad especially when the three-dot options button takes up an entire freakin row!!
16. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They gave an option to turn that off in Sense 4.1 I believe, and instead of there being a whole bar for the menu button, you just long press one of the capacitive buttons.
2. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
It's very nice to see that HTC is finally ditching gradients.
4. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
And still that dumb physical button thing.... God they never learn
5. blingblingthing (Posts: 505; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
It is a software button. What is wrong with it? Should it not be there or bew somewhere else? If so, may I ask where?
6. fahqman (Posts: 38; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
why are you asking these questions like you're the HTC? You may already like the sense 5 without trying it for yourself but people hated sense for years.
11. Igneel (unregistered)
I think what he means is that, they use 3 soft touch Android keys which is Back, Home, Recent and left the Menu button alone on-screen and take up some space. I really think it doesn't make sense even though its Sense :P
13. ojdidit84 (Posts: 438; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
The recent button is irrelevant because you can change the recent button to act as menu/recent button with tap/longpress. They should make that the default. The on-screen button can be change in sense settings.
17. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Problem is why make this more complicated? Use on screen buttons
9. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
What physical button, you mean on the device itself? The DNA has no physical button aside from the volume and power buttons everything is soft touch buttons, which to me are irritating because the only way to wake the damn thing is to press the power button, would be great if the Home button would wake the phone or at least have it in the damn options to set what button you can use to wake the phone. Sense is still garbage in my eyes and DNA Sense 4.xx is still lacking is simple things, file explorer, ability to customize the long press of the soft touch buttons, problems keeping dates in order in the sms, the overall poor way the sms built in app works it's slow and updates in a poor manner. I understand wanting to make your own mark on Android but honestly don't omit things that are useful and don't go making things overly complicated and make sure your tweaks work for the user and not against them.
18. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
The DNA has on screen buttons? Proof of it didn't happen, second, you can tell because the screenshot has no on screen button except for the menu overflow button
25. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
He did say anything about on screen buttons... He said "soft touch"
12. jed27 (Posts: 65; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Did you mean the 3 dotted menu button on the bottom of the keyboard? You can change the settings to get rid of it. Or did you mean you the capacitive back-home-recent apps/menu buttons? I prefer it to onscreen buttons.
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, it's gonna take something pretty badass to get me off of onscreen function keys. o:
20. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Keys you can move any way you like (root) that have the functions needed all the time and that go away when needed plus they are helping make devices smaller, look at the razr M for example and the S4 leaks
26. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, plus instant access to Google Now on command or with ROM's like AOKP & CM10 shortcuts to any app you chose from the launcher ring.
19. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
The soft keys are supposed to die, and yet we have HTC going at it, they prove an advantage over the other things. I can tell because they don't appear on the screenshot 1 and there is a overflow button under the keyboard witch indicates that
10. Igneel (unregistered)
Xperia Keyboard is a lot prettier and cleaner. This Sense Keyboard looks like it's cramped up.
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
not bad, not bad. i am intrigued. i may keep an open mind about Sense 5 if i keep seeing more of this. i still think the keyboard just looks too busy though. o:
22. TheKookiemonster007 (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
i've seen more picture's of it on TheVerge i like it not to much skin over the already nice Android Jelly bean.
23. TheKookiemonster007 (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
oh wait it wasn't on The Verge but on a dutch site called 'Tweakers'.
24. HTCOE (Posts: 629; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
HTC should stick to making Nexus phones for google