PhoneArena Awards 2013: Best tablets
Google Nexus 7 (2013)
LG G Pad 8.3
3. Sauce (Posts: 795; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Because people with no brain buy it!
Kidding. That's something a jealous hater would say.
The iPad Air is an amazing tablet, as well as the other two listed!
4. good2great (Posts: 1022; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Yeah they all are, I believe next year's surface tablet will be #1 though.
18. rodneyej1 (limited) (Posts: 2724; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
This years Surface 2pro already is.. There's nothing it can't do❕
36. haseebzahid (Posts: 1768; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
pro 2 is not listed cuz its level is too damn high then tab-toys
38. androiphone20 (Posts: 975; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Yup, sure does I mean that thing has a fan right?... you know what else has a fan? I thought so too
49. Sauce (Posts: 795; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
I HOPE SO! I'm getting bored of seeing the exalted Apple iPad take #1 since its existence.
10. DaHarder (Posts: 130; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
Unless of course one desires affordable (microSDXC) storage expansion as opposed to some US 100.00 just to go from 16gb to 32gb, or a much more video/movie viewing friendly 16:9/16:10 aspect ratio, or a higher resolution display, superior outside visibility, or built-in USB and HDMI ports, or hardware GPS capabilities that don't cost US 129.00 extra, et. al.
Anyway... Interesting how the section on the Nexus 7 was so full of 'snide little' comments regarding its looks, SoC performance, et. al.
Regardless... It's a fair enough listing, though the actual writing clearly shows signs of unnecessary bias and snark.
31. androiphone20 (Posts: 975; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
This comes to zero surprise to anyone with half a brain that the air deserves first place on this list, but I think the g pad should be replaced by the note 10.1 (2014 edition). idk maybe it's crappy...
43. cezarepc (Posts: 440; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I'd replace the GPad with not the Note 10.1 but THE one true productivity tablet: Surface Pro 2 (too pricey though)
63. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 May 2013)
G Pad is a beast it deserves to be in that list. I own one and I am very happy with its design and performance.
2. ArtSim98 (Posts: 863; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Lumia 2520 should definitely take the place of iPad Air.
8. good2great (Posts: 1022; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
darkk did you end up getting the air too or just the mini w/ retina?
28. darkkjedii (Posts: 8962; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Mini with retina, love it too. The form factor is great. How bout you?
33. androiphone20 (Posts: 975; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
...and it works the second time around
29. JerryTime (Posts: 453; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
You could always make your own Pro Apple only site so you don't have to read other people's opinions or views on anything but your own.
40. bucky (Posts: 1202; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Dark agreed with the rating. Someone else didn't like the view of it. Take a second and read
47. JerryTime (Posts: 453; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Yeah I understand that. Then he suggested that another person (ArtSim98)make his own ratings. Hence my statement.
What's your point?
61. AntiFanBoyz (Posts: 55; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
I get you JT. It's like people who tell those who disagree with American policy to leave the country. Can't people have different opinions without being told to scram? SMH
59. bucky (Posts: 1202; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Sigh...no point in arguing if they don't even know what they are saying themselves-never mind me.
9. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 261; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
No way, Windows 8 RT is going to get meshed with WP8 because even Microsoft knows that RT was the wrong idea. iPad is a much more mature tablet and definitely deserves to be at the top of the list.
19. rodneyej1 (limited) (Posts: 2724; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Who cares.. It's a toy compared to the surface2pro.
41. bucky (Posts: 1202; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
If you're looking for a true laptop experience the pro 2 is dead last in every category compared to any laptop in its price range.
32. androiphone20 (Posts: 975; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
meh, that's wishful thinking right there
7. VLaRueC (Posts: 82; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
The 2520 would make it in Phone Arena's best Microsoft tablet awards. Of course, the iPad would some how still win even in that category because...Well this is eyePhoneArena. If they don't keep giving Apple praise, they risk getting blacklisted from Apple press conferences.
17. jellmoo (Posts: 358; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Orrrrrrrr, the iPad Air just might be a great tablet.
21. rodneyej1 (limited) (Posts: 2724; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Or, anything that starts with i just sounds played out, feminine, fadish, and corny now...
14. zekes (Posts: 195; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
All fanboy stuff aside the iPad still number one out of all the tablets I have used I still run back to the iPad with no hesitation
22. rodneyej1 (limited) (Posts: 2724; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Your profile picture looks like someone who would use Apple products... Did you wait outside for 24 hours in the freezing cold to get 2 more features, and nothing else new❔❔
35. androiphone20 (Posts: 975; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
hmm, lets see here WP picture, username o_O, you have every reason to hate apple. I am more than happy to be the one to tell you that I appreciate that, keep the hate comments coming dude
53. zekes (Posts: 195; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
No actually at the store I work at I got it the day before hit public so you look stupid Ha
55. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1447; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
You get iPads at the tanning salon, skin cancer?!
16. mikelemon (Posts: 87; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Rocking a HP Touchpad 32GB with dual boot webos and Cyanogenmod. It works.
20. JerryTime (Posts: 453; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Can't wait to get my Nexus 7 2013 personally. Not surprised to see the Air in the top 3, but I am a bit surprised that it took number 1. Then again it is a Phone Arena review.
23. rodneyej1 (limited) (Posts: 2724; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
If Microsoft can make the surface 3 pro a lot thinner then I can see it begin to be recognized by the haters....
30. number29 (Posts: 121; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
If Microsoft could get the Surface Pro down to the size and weight of the iPad Mini it'd be in serious consideration... and get The Simpsons Tapped Out in the app store!
37. haseebzahid (Posts: 1768; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
dont think its about size of pro2 series its all about money they asking for it size can be justiified for the abilities of pro2 but price ...
24. avin007 (Posts: 137; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
What hppnd to galaxy note 10.1(2013 edition)....
26. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1807; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It's called the (2014 Edition), but I agree.
25. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1807; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I don't understand why they limit the nominees to 3. The Note 10.1 (2014) should be on this list.
27. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 206; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Nevee care about thier award.
Just read gsmarena ipad air vs galaxy 2014 edition.
almost all categories 2014 edition won!
This is iphone arena .they will never include beloved samsung products!
39. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 145; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Except the Note 3 was already on two of these lists. Camera and Phablet, but what do I know. I just have read all these award articles.
42. Honestcritic (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition is amazing. The stylus adds something no other tablet has.
44. cR203 (Posts: 166; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
How the hell did the galaxy note 2014 edition not make this list. Can someone give me an explanation for that? I highly disagree with this list. PA needs to be fair and do this list over or something.
48. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1807; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
LG is a US company? Get your head checked.
50. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 206; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
but us is first.. i means they only make US first ..they always avoiding asia ..
54. zekes (Posts: 195; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
How many apps are optimized android tablets just a handful That's why the iPad is very ahead on my android tablet apps look silly and clunky and the funny thing is on my android tablet most apps force close because they're not made for that resolution are very unoptimized
58. Andrewtst (Posts: 242; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Every best must add-in Apple else iPhone_iArena can't be loyal.
Well done - iPhone_iArena!