- The NL 820 supports 64 GB microSD cards.
- The battery needs to be removed to insert or replace the card.
- The screen is not Gorilla Glass, but is scratch resistant.
- The snap-on covers made the device both Uni-body, which is good, but also versatile, for example adding wireless charging or a rugged shell.
- The camera is module is the same as the Nokia Lumia 900, but features a new software experience which is “greatly improved and new”
- Nokia is “looking at the possibilities” of a standby clock on the screen when the device is sleeping.
- The rugged case did allow Nokia to address different channels such as both consumer and business with the same device.
- Nokia did not comment whether future devices will also have wireless charging.
- Nokia may look into a rugged shell with wireless charging included.
- Nokia could not talk about delivery dates, pricing and availability yet.
- They were able to have better battery life on the NL 820 despite a smaller battery due to the Snapdragon S4 engine with improved power management capabilities and also Nokia know-how & expertise on the power management.
- They hopes to leverage the fact that Qi wireless charging is an open standard, but could not comment on 3rd party plans.
- The NL 820 has a WVGA screen due to “much better readability for our consumers on the display size and due to the fact that the performance, mainly FPS, is something amazing in the new Lumia 820 OLED display with that specific resolution.”
- The NL 820 screen features Nokia’s ClearBlack display and other Nokia specific features like Sunlight Readability Enhancement.
Nokia Lumia 822 for Verizon leaks with rounded corners
1. phil2n (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i'm glad, I thought V will not get any Lumia.
Still i need 920 even if i break my mom and pops piggy bank
13. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1161; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Is it just me or the design just went from being really good to just average.
somehow the rounded corners arent adding to the appeal of the design.
18. -box- (Posts: 3969; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Well they had to do something to make the 920 more premium, rather than just a larger screen. Besides, the back comes off, and I can't imagine a way to make that concept work well on an N9/Lumia 800/900/920-like design without losing the tangible niceness of having it be one piece
22. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1161; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
why is every nokia troll thumbing us down?
I mean Nokia trolls...is that really a thing :)
23. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Cause they don't like "Nokia+Windows" personally neither do i.... But where is Nokias N series gone? Loved them!
2. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
this is all well and nice, but what about europe??? no news on any other models, rather dissapointing. i would love a lumia 720 lower end device as i do not need multiple cores, nor lte (there is little coverage here) nor nfc (it simply does not exist here) so a nice looking 4" with changable covers and single core 1.5ghz with a gig of ram and sd card support would be just fine...
5. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Exactly. No news about that. Even the asian countries. Please make the new Lumias available globally.
Darn.. Nokia's marketing strategy has always been so miscalculated.
14. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Don't know about other countries but India will get it between October 27 and November 2, pricing unknown. But looking at launch prices of Nokia smartphones in India and elsewhere, I expect them to be 100 euros cheaper than their European/American counterparts.
16. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Wow sounds so good! I hope you are correct on this, I'm so excited!
btw who the hell is thumbing down posts here?
20. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Who are the people thumbing down every Nokia/WP post in large numbers? BTW I want someone from PA to actually comment on these annoying ads.
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Copied and pasted the functionality list from that of 820??? It looks so...
4. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Apple better not cause problems. "Rounded corners" always reminds me of stupid apple patents.
10. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
What? when i first saw the title i thought it was going to be about apple suing nokia (anythings possible). Its so misleading, i even had popcorn ready for the comments. you cant imagine my disappointment.
21. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Apple already pays Nokia patent royalties. $8 or $11/ iPhone sold and a lumsum each quarter. They don't want a repeat of this, do they?
7. Kostas_13 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
"Nokia is “looking at the possibilities” of a standby clock on the screen when the device is sleeping."
This is a symbian feature (+ missed calls and sms notifications) that is unimaginably useful and unexpectably not a battery vampire. All my friends with Androids are jealous of this! :)
(And I bet that this is really easy for all the AMOLED panels...)
27. Kostas_13 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
(Replying to myself)
Why would someone thumb-down this comment?
Is it maniac FanDroids or iFans who wonder around the net to thumb-down anything that includes the words"Nokia", Symbian", etc? LOL
9. yowanvista (Posts: 340; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Rounded Corners? I smell an Apple lawsuit..
11. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Me too but it isnt likely because they dont feel threatened by nokia - yet.
12. lyndon420 (Posts: 2897; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Rounded corners? That has to be worth $500,000,000 to someone.
15. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
wtf? somebody came here and gave everyone a dislike. Same thing on another post relating to nokia, only that time there were more than one, five perhaps. when are these haters going to stop.
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
They wont stop, even going back few months all Nokia and Windows gets Trolled and Thumbs down, haters and dislikers....
19. -box- (Posts: 3969; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Some people are intimidated by true quality and innovation. Pity.
24. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 936; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Too little. Too late. Too expensive (service and random charges). AT&T + Nokia + WP8 = Lumia 920 and one happy customer.
26. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1336; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I like this design better than a the Nokia Lumia 820 or the 920. but if I had been Verizon I would have added 2 needed things to this smart phone that would have made it a Super Windows 8 smart phone which are a 4.3 High def screen with Gorilla glass. This smart phone dersign is better to me than the 920 except in camera design because 1= it has the same CPU and Ram the 920 has 2= you can upgrade it's main memory to 64gigs with a micro SD. card, 3=you can change the battery to a fresh one if you are away from a charger unit. 4=you can change this smart phones Appearance 5=cheaper to buy than a 920. Nokia's Head staff could have had 2 super smart phones on the market not just the 920 if they just have given the Nokia lumia 820 and 822 an HD screen and Gorilla glass. I know they want to make them cheaper than a 920 but to tell the truth I am scared to have a smart phone without gorilla glass and would a hi def screen added that much cost to these smart pones. hey the HTC 8x has a 4.3 hi def screen. yoo nokia make an Lumia 830 with the better screens
28. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
looks better than the iPhone that's for sure!
i cant wait for this1! but still i want 920 to be available to all carrier!
even though 920 is exclusive to AT&T T mo should get 910 and verizon will get 922 so that everybody is happy!