Netflix raises membership price for new subscribers
As long as Netflix uses the extra cash it raises to add more content to its site, no one will do much complaining. And in a brief statement on Friday, Netflix did say that this is exactly how it intends on spending the extra buck per month that new members will pony up.
Current members now have about 730 days to start going through the entire site before they have to dig a little deeper into their pockets.
1. Planterz (Posts: 674; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Glad I signed up a month ago. Yeah, it's only $48 over the next 2 years that I'll save, but hey...
3. B_Newsome (Posts: 5; Member since: 09 May 2014)
$48? think some math is wrong, 2 years = 24 months , a savings of $1 a month is $24 saved for the two years
Still, even at 8.99 it is still cheap entertainment. As long as they keep adding new movies it will be worth the price for awhile.
5. Planterz (Posts: 674; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I thought I read $9.99/mo. Must be all that fermented and distilled molasses I have imbibed.
4. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1888; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Netflix, why don't you'll make your service available in India? There's alot of people here waiting for Netflix to work in India.
6. HASHTAG (Posts: 137; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
If it were easy for them, I'm sure they would have already made it available for India and other places that don't have the service...
7. corporateJP (Posts: 1548; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
If they get some more content, it is more than worth it...
8. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2473; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Every successful couch zombie needs this app.