Motorola DROID BIONIC down to $120 at Amazon
The Motorola DROID BIONIC first grabbed out attention last January at CES, but after the original design was scrapped by the manufacturer, a new version of the phone was launched in early September and was the carrier's first dual-core model with LTE 4G connectivity. There have been some complaints from users of the device, many of whom feel slighted by the fact that just a bit over 2 months after launching the handset, Verizon is just days away from releasing its sleek, thin Motorola DROID RAZR with a Super AMOLED display that does not use the heavily criticized PenTile technology used on the DROID BIONIC.
The Motorola DROID BIONIC is equipped with a 4.3 inch qHD screen with a dual-core 1GHz processor under the hood and 1GB of RAM is aboard. 16GB of native storage can be expanded to 48GB using a microSD card. An 8MP camera captures video at 1080p and a front facing shooter takes self-portraits and allows you to video chat. With Android 2.3.4 pre-installed, the Motorola DROID BIONIC might have enjoyed a long run as Verizon's flagship model if it weren't for the Motorola DROID RAZR coming up fast right behind it. But the good news for those who have been wanting the DROID BIONIC is that with its decline in status comes a decline in pricing. As we reported, Verizon has cut its price to $249.99 on contract and now, Amazon is offering the phone for less than half of that price.
source: Amazon via Phandroid
1. windowsRocks (Posts: 152; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Why to go for Droid Razr when we have fone like GS2?
3. roldefol (Posts: 2860; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Makes me wonder if I should wait another 2 months and then buy my Nexus/Rezound off Amazon.
20. bossmt_2 (Posts: 430; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Bionic was a late release phone. It was intended to be released in like May. Nexus won't go down much in 2 months. Maybe you'll save like 30 or 50 bucks.
23. roldefol (Posts: 2860; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I thought the Etna Bionic (seen at CES) was to be released in May and the Targa Bionic was to be released in fall (which it was). Maybe the Razr got fast-tracked when they realized the Targa wouldn't be competitive for very long.
42. Vzw_employee (Posts: 42; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
Is $120 for a new account, if you're doing a upgrade it will be the same price as the store $249.
I could give you this phone for $99 on a new line, but still charge $249 on a upgrade
4. sudhar131998 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
does that make us to get 20$ with iphone 3gs when you take them on contract for free?
anyone knows the answer?
8. sudhar131998 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
this is english and for your kind information there a many types of english.
check it on web
11. bloodpanther (Posts: 32; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
what he meant be more grammatically correct. instead of talking like a hillbilly, learn to type
13. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
English is also this. Sometimes understand is also important.
16. bloodpanther (Posts: 32; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
What? I know the many forms of English. Yours makes no sense. Putting random words together is also not important
22. roldefol (Posts: 2860; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
You're all so cute, busting on non-native-speaker English. Welcome to the world, kids.
34. c.hack (Posts: 508; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
FYI, foreigners often have a better grasp of English grammar than native speakers. I'm foreign. He's just a fool.
35. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
That's not true...? And I was just saying, why would you be rude to someone who is just trying to comment, and could be a non-native speaker?
5. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Not even out 60 days and already in the bargain bin
21. bossmt_2 (Posts: 430; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
This is 130 so does that mean the iPhone 4s should be 100?
25. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
they make a phone every month they are of no value
33. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
So because they don't wait a year to release phones with the intent of maximizing profits they are of no value? Ah, thanks
43. bucky (Posts: 1387; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
there are too many android phones coming out. He is right, they have very little value within 2 months. The only phone that has held its value well is the exynos SGS2
7. c.hack (Posts: 508; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
The one person that I know that has one hates it. He loved his Droid and Droid X, but not the Bionic. Apparently its very buggy (like every Moto Android phone)
18. sgogeta4 (Posts: 392; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
The original Droid was pretty good. IPS screen, unlocked bootloader, still running pretty well...
36. c.hack (Posts: 508; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Yes! The DX and DX2 were not bad until Moto released GB (6 months after Google released it). GB was a nightmare on very very many DX and DX2s until the next set of patches rolled out. Unfortunately, starting with the DX2 and now the Bionic - Moto used a poorly designed pentile screen that made small font red and greens illegible.
So now you have the Bionic - much worse screen than the Razr, Nexus or Rezound, bulkier and buggier than most other phones, and VZW wants $300?! No wonder its not selling and Amazon is trying to get rid of stock.
9. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
LMFAO. I knew it. It will be a free phone in no time while the iPhone 4 is still selling off the shelf for $200 over a year later.
14. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Yeah... What does that prove exactly? I know the point you are trying to make but other than pointing out that people are willing to pay more for a phone that does less, I don't understand.
Good try though?
17. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
The point is people aren't willing to pay for android junk so they HAVE to discount it to "sell" it. No business in their right mind discounts if they don't have to.
19. roldefol (Posts: 2860; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
No, the point is that Android devices leapfrog each other so regularly that a phone that's only been out 2-6 months is no longer desirable. And as previously stated, that makes it a good deal, not "junk".
Whereas the iPhone 4S will cost $200-400 until the next model arrives. That doesn't make it a better phone, just a price-controlled one.
38. c.hack (Posts: 508; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Price controls don't sell a phone. The fact is that millions of people believe the iPhone is worth the price even if the design is a year and a half old. Whereas the one month old Bionic has depreciated by more than 1/2.
VZW should never have tried selling the Bionic for $300. I feel bad for the people who paid that much for it - and those that pay list price for any Android phone.
27. Scuba_Steve (Posts: 79; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
So the fact that the iPhone4 (16GB) is selling for 50 less and the 32GB is selling for 100 less and the 3gs is free doesn't mean anything to you?
It's not because the phone sucks but because the newer models are coming out. Why buy an older model at the same price?
I try to be nice but shut up taco, stop talking out of your ass. I don't know how your comments don't get mod.
You must know someone in PA who's pulling for you.
37. c.hack (Posts: 508; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
I agree the Bionic is a junk phone now - it would have been ok if it was released in the spring. Its far inferior to the $300 phones VZW will be releasing in November.
Not all Android phones are junk, but they sure depreciate faster than the iPhone.
31. Synack (Posts: 666; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I mean, when the Bionic was released, it was an average phone. If it was released in May or June then it would've lived a few more months on the top shelf.
10. sudhar131998 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
if you want anything to be sold in a blazing speed as iphone 4s is only by giving them away.
say if google gives moto droid razr for free you will see sales go as much as 6billion units per day for atleast a month .
24. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
6billion units/day for a month? 180billion razrs? i really want that phone but i dont think the earth has enough resources to support 180billion RAZRs. lol
29. sudhar131998 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
you see kevlar is a unique material which is as strong as steel and the normal materials are already being used to make many cell phones . Imagine that you are seeing a chart which shows the number of units produced by many phone makers say nokia all putogether accounts to more than 180billion phones per day so there is some chance to make and sell that many droid razrs a day .
26. sleepyjohnny (Posts: 151; Member since: 16 Dec 2009)
Its only if you're a new customer, not upgrading -_-
28. Scuba_Steve (Posts: 79; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
I hate that everyone sells Verizon, yes it's great for the customers but what about the employees? I've lost tons of sales because of places like Wal-Mart, Sams Club, Target, Radio Shack, etc. We can't compete somtimes with these prices.
40. c.hack (Posts: 508; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
You can compete. Your company just chooses not to.
41. warlockz (Posts: 156; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Lol even if this phone was free I wouldn't lock myself in a two year contract for this phone. I rather put in the extra 200 and get the nexus if I'm gonna extend for another 2 years.