More Sony Odin and Yuga concept renders appear to illustrate size and specs difference
More Sony Odin and Yuga concept renders appear to illustrate their size and specs difference Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
More Sony Odin and Yuga concept renders appear to illustrate their size and specs difference
13 December Sony Yuga tipped with a glass chassis again, Sony to use Samsung Exynos processor for a 2013 flagship
10 December Sony's 2013 flagships tipped, Q4 might see a quad-core Cortex-A15 beast with a huge battery
28 November More Sony Odin and Yuga concept renders appear to illustrate size and specs difference
22 November Sony Odin vs Sony Yuga vs HTC Droid DNA vs Galaxy S III size and benchmark comparison
7 November Possible Sony Yuga shows up in clear pictures
1. MeoCao (unregistered)
The design is very simple, so everything will depend on material and build quality.
Hopefully Sony will have some nice functionalities for the phones.
23. sid07desai (Posts: 237; Member since: 03 May 2012)
build quality should be elegant an strong at the same time. They are using Dragontrail glass (still a rumor). But Sony has previously launched many devices with D-trail glass. It is supposed to have 10x more tensile strength than Corning's gorrila glass.
25. MeoCao (unregistered)
tks for the info dude. 10 times more than Gorilla, very impressive.
Hopefully this will be a breakthru for Sony.
31. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Not according to Wiki:
Dragontail - with a Vickers hardness test rating of 595 to 673.
Gorilla - with a Vickers hardness test rating of 622 to 701
40. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Is hardness and tensile strength same? He talked about "tensile strength" and not hardness. Diamond is hardest but is brittle :)
46. someones4 (Posts: 613; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Why is the glass back design so prevalent? It breaks!! the nexus 4 and iphone glass back will crack.
5. The_Innovation (Posts: 531; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
So you're implying that, they should shut up and take your money?
3. Andman314 (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Its bringing back old Technical. Back when i had a windows phone that was running WP2003 & 2005 it had IR and i could turn on and turn off my TV from it. That was the best part of my phone. I hope all the new phones bring that back.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
Seriously this is too much!!! I love the design but 5 inch 1080p screen? Too large and bulky and 1080p will end up the eyes cancer :(
6. lee480 (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Yes. The large iPad screen gave me Retina Cancer.
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Oh Wendy-man, eye cancer eh? Haha...
What if this was resolution was adopted by Apple?
The first thing you'd say is, "1080p? Take my money Apple"
You might add that it would cure short-sightedness, or even cure cancer (opposite of what you said)...
17. McLTE (Posts: 620; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
There should be awards for the most ridiculous comments.. this would win for sure.
43. jsdechavez (Posts: 676; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Yup. I find 5inch screen size for a mobile phone too much.. It's like talking to a tablet during calls.
7. Grishm (Posts: 52; Member since: 18 May 2012)
I see the battery listed as 2400-2800 mAh. If it is true, then that's a major step up by Sony. Addition of Micro SD slot is a huge plus too.
If all goes well, we might get to see some serious competition for Samsung Galaxy S IV from Sony.
9. smallworld (Posts: 371; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
They are definitely going to be much more awesome !
10. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
looks like from a design stand point non removable battery :( hope that isn't the case but if it is deal breaker for me
12. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Thats only a concept. But the waterproff one should be something with a non removable battery.
22. Coolkid (Posts: 24; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)
Actually Xperia V is waterproof too... But it has removable battery... So you can't be sure that Yuga will come with non-removable battery cos of waterproof...:)
28. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Oh I see, Intresting info right there mate.
37. cretinick (Posts: 147; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
The Motorola Defy is Water and Dustproof too, but have removable Battery.
But this Dragontrail glass in the back, probably is non removable...
I prefer other materials for the phone's body. But if this is really a Dragontrail, with good thick (not too thick, to be light and not too slim, to be resistant) I could get used with it.
11. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I'm still skeptical if the supposed Quad S4 Pro of those phones can keep the phone smooth in the long est run.
13. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
One thing is clear. Sony won't use custom Jelly bean UI. They will be using their own beautiful timescape UI. The concept makers should've focused on that.
15. cnyte (Posts: 28; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
better looking phones than the current offerings
16. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
THIS LOOKS AMAZING! please let it come out like this sony
18. Jyakotu (Posts: 813; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Since I'm so used to seeing the TimeScape UI, stock Android doesn't look as attractive as the phones. Granted, the Xperia PLAY for Verizon had stock Gingerbread, but even then, it looked awkward to me.
19. siluro (Posts: 46; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Looks like Sony finally caught up with the times. These new phones have a beautiful new and elegant look. Much better than previous models that were terribly generic (with the exception of the Xperia S). Other makers will have something to fear!
26. aokde (Posts: 185; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
"Much better than previous models that were terribly generic (with the exception of the Xperia S)"
really :O? the Arc, V, Ion, Sola, Go, Ray all have terribly generic design?
you can't be serious. sony (ericsson) was and always will be the company that has the most beautiful designs, whether in software or hardware.
50. emes360 (Posts: 12; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Exacly. That's one of the things i've always liked about Sony. They try to get a different design with each line of phones, and different to all the other companies. (Unlike Apple or Samsung; bassicaly all Samsungs look the same, the SIII and Note(II) being exceptions.)
20. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Love the smaller one. A 5" phone fitting into the space of a Galaxy Nexus which sports a 4.65" display
Now that's what I'm talking about!
21. xtroid2k (Posts: 315; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
I love the design concept, but will it fit in my pocket and I probably would end up getting a bluetooth earpiece as I would refuse to put such a large screened piece of hardware to my ear. I feel that as we get more advanced, the concept of a phone will be lost. The phone should be the most important part still of any "cell phone"
24. exynos5 (Posts: 21; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
by the time it releases it will be outdated by gs4 or some other thing
35. redmd (Posts: 785; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Yes Sony is always late to release. relevance is diminished thru time.
27. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Another easy to shatter glass phone...sony, give it up.
30. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Simple yet elegant and distinctive, with truly high end specs .
You can actually tell it's Sony despite of the simplicity.
33. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
best part about it......is if the concept holds up to be true, it is slightly smaller and more compact than the Galaxy S3!! .....now that would be amazing
34. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
That's what I've been saying all along..manufacturers aren't that crazy to increase the mainstream phone above the limit set by the S3.
Instead, they will use the space to the maximum.
36. redmd (Posts: 785; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
seriously people, that leaked design similar to Xperia X2 was way way better than this. this looked to me like an LG phone.
38. KolyaAk (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Agree, it looks like Vu from LG which is already an outdated model since last month LG released Vu2 (unfortunately only in Korea but hopefully coming soon to other markets) with a greater design and unique remote control features seamlessly integrated in noti-panel and lockscreen.
39. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5634; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
That LOOKS SOO DAMN GOOD even though SONY dont use STOCK ANDROID. BUT CAN WE PLEASE PLEASE WAIT till CES 13'? It's too damn early I'm looking at the ODIN or the GS IV. Com on guys STOP TEASING FOR ONCE
41. MC1123 (Posts: 1220; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
looks very good..but i know sony.. it could be better... and is this a nexus device? and im deffinetely getting one! then again.. i'll buy an android but only nexus or made by sony (or motorola) since they make good looking device!! stylish at its best!
42. pliskin1 (Posts: 59; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Nice looking phones, but 5" screens are too much.
On a side note, horray for an IR blaster and FM tuner! Can you say TV remote =D.
Seriously, I can't understand why more manufacturers can't put these in the phones.
47. romeo1 (Posts: 150; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
looks great but I know it won't feel as good in the hand.
that is the reason I love the xperia t how it feels in the hand is brilliant.
48. Jasondt (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
2 things are concerning me... How about the release of the Odin and Yuga? Different site's are telling me that the Odin will release in Europe and now the Yuga will release in Europa? There's nothing sure until CES. And then there is Battery life? 2400-2800? I won't complain as i wan't 1 of these.
51. Googlethis (Posts: 168; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Judging by the high praise by some of the commenters im asuming sony is a very good phone production comapany. jw have a few sony phones never really used them beyond adding them to my collection.