Monsters from Asia: the camera-centric Vivo Xshot
9 August Monsters from Asia: the $225 (Lenovo) ZUK Z2 Rio Edition is the cheapest Snapdragon 820 phone
29 June Monsters from Asia: the newly announced Sharp Aquos mini is a compact powerhouse
17 June Monsters from Asia: the Meitu V4s is an edge in a round world
18 May Monsters from Asia: the Aquos Zeta SH-04H is Sharp's summer pitch
11 March Monsters from Asia: The Bluboo Picasso is an obscure, but very well-done, ultra-budget 5-incher
1. sergiobr (Posts: 707; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Waiting for LOW LIGHT indoors samples. Outdoors all the top dogs look ok. Note 3 user here.
5. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
No dual speakers? Design is the same as xplay 3s, so dual speakers might be an additonal worth... Recently Chinese companies has shown that they are capable to make big guns like apple, samsung, lg to run for their money
8. sergiobr (Posts: 707; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
And what about maintenance ???? Who is Vivo outside his country ???
11. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Maintenance?? are you buying a phone or a car? I hardly visited any service center except apple and lg in 10 years
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Another monster from China? OMG, these Chinese manufacturers are amazing. I'm torn between this phone and the Oppo Find 7, which one should I get?
6. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Vivo is better due to its hifi sound department
15. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
As Ashoaib mentioned, the Oppo Find 7 has some audio performance problems. It is probably good to stay away until they are fixed. The OnePlus One may have similar issues, so I would wait until there are some tests/reviews.
"Plugging in a pair of headphones tells a different story, however. The stereo crosstalk increases way beyond the point where it can be considered as good, or even acceptable. The other readings remain great, but the high cross-channel leakage has the potential of damaging the whole audio experience for more exacting users and put the Oppo Find 7a below the current crop of flagships as far as audio output is concerned."
9. salaal (Posts: 109; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
i'd say neither wait till the G3 is announced it sounds amazing! Or just get a Xperia Z2 or find 7a
16. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Hopefully LG invested in better sound output with the G3. The G2 output volume was low and the sound uninspiring. For great headphone sound, you need to start with a good DAC (Wolfson, Cirrus), add a high quality headphone amp, and do a lot of testing/fixing of any issues that may crop up due to interference, bad headphone connector design, etc.
4. Planterz (Posts: 2069; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Looks amazing, but will it play nicely with American LTE networks? I'm guessing it doesn't (judging by the Xplay 3s specs).
7. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Bcoz xplay 3s is china centric. If Vivo plan to launch xshot in international market then ofcourse they will add right Lte frequencies to work internationally
12. Armchair_Commentator (Posts: 222; Member since: 08 May 2014)
Its always sad seeing all these phones coming out from China only to find out that they won't work on American LTE =/ Guess i'll have to wait for the G3
17. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
OnePlus makes a model of the One that works on ATT/TMO LTE bands. It's not shipping yet, but should be sometime mid/late summer.
10. Nabil2511 (Posts: 152; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
this phone would sell alot if it wasnt a Vivo
14. RandomUsername (Posts: 808; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
I wonder why almost all chinese phones have this stupid button layout...
18. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I am not a fan of the power button next to the volume buttons either. It's this way on the Samsung Note 8 and it is very easy to lock the phone instead of adjusting the volume.
On the plus side, the Vivo has a shutter button. That's something nice to have almost every time you take a picture.
19. Chris.P (Posts: 560; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Personally find that particular layout preferable to anything else that's currently available. I wouldn't call it stupid at all, actually.
20. adit38 (Posts: 25; Member since: 02 Jul 2013)
I recently buy this phone, great camera and UI