Gmail concept renders look amazing
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
1. joseg81 (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
this would be really cool if they went with it
5. maier9900 (Posts: 257; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
This is a concept for android devices, it already exists on ios devices. Michael H. lives on a dif. planet for not knowing that already.
6. joseg81 (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
sorry i'm not an ios user, so i didn't know. but i still think i'd be cool if they used it for android.
8. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2614; Member since: 26 May 2011)
The designer took a few cues from the Gmail app on iOS, but to say that this already exists on iOS is completely wrong.
11. maier9900 (Posts: 257; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
How much did Phone Arena pay you for that comment?... An iOS user like myself knows that this is already on ios devices. So live with it. Or are you that ridiculously attached to your android that you don't wanna believe ios has and always will have the upper hand in apps before android will. So ive been using this gmail for a month now and is great. It will come around for android also, eventually... in the future.
13. protozeloz (Posts: 5326; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Dude stop sporting nonsense, aside from the look what's special about gmail from iOS that I miss on gmail from android?
Also in think you need glasses this concept is not the same as the gmail for iOS
There is the proof all the good stuff found on that concept is not on the gmail for iOS... I think you should be smarter than thay
15. prophet (Posts: 10; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Somebody needs to come down from their ivory tower. While my use of iOS is limited to farting around on friends' phones (I can't really tolerate using it for any extended periods of time), I know enough about it to know that the one "ridiculously attached" happens to be you
21. maier9900 (Posts: 257; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
i think that would be u... and your android. Pppl like you shouldnt walk the earth. period.
2. shamataa (Posts: 202; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I hope they do and eventually they will. Unlike Apple where they don't have the guts to do something like this i believe in Google more than Apple when it comes to their own apps
3. Zero0 (Posts: 561; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
That's very nice looking.
Change to something like this, integrate the plain Email app's functionality into Gmail, and we're set when it comes to email.
4. lyndon420 (Posts: 1637; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
The features that were copied from iOS - I'd like to know if those features were apple's ideas or Google's. It's a decent concept rendering so long as nothing gets copied from apple in the process.
17. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
All Google apps on iOS are now fully made by Google. However, there are separate development teams for iOS and Android apps at Google, which is why the apps can turn out quite different for each OS.
18. Meleagru (Posts: 82; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
Apple has nothing, let me repeat that, absolutely nothing to do with Google apps design. Copy from iOS? More like using them for beta testing.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6615; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That concept looks amazing... I hope Google notices the concept render and implements it in the future.
10. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 932; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
this has a "Google+" feel to it and I like it
19. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 545; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Oh My God.. See people fighting over whose (iOS or Google) concept it is..!!! These features are already on other Google apps (Google+, Youtube etc). It was only a matter of time that it is being adopted in Gmail . Its as simple as that.
20. SellPhones82 (Posts: 379; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
No kidding! Plus it matches up very well with the UI update that the Play Store received this week as well as the other Google apps you mentioned. The iOS one just looks like Gmail when I go to it on my browser and been like that for months.