Day 6 of Google's 10 cent giveaway: Backbreaker, Jenga and more
1. Ksolaoke posted on 11 Dec 2011, 10:53 0
The perfect time to download Backstab and my phone doesn't support it. It's disappointing. :(
8. Forsaken77 posted on 11 Dec 2011, 13:51 0
Mine also! I read reviews of people with a GS2 but yet somehow it doesn't support the Skyrocket? Weird.
2. Caanon posted on 11 Dec 2011, 11:27 4
1) Find friend with compatible phone
2) Log into Market app with their phone
3) Go to market.android.com and buy Backstab
4) Wait 15 mins for return period to time out
5) Uninstall it from their phone
Your account has "purchased" Backstab and can re-download it when you get a phone that is compatible
3. remixfa posted on 11 Dec 2011, 12:19 2
really dude? your making a post on how to scam? its 10 frikkin cents.. get a life.
4. doubleD posted on 11 Dec 2011, 12:34 1
I wouldn't say that's a post on how to scam.
He's encouraging the guy to purchase an app. Caanon is only providing a work around on how to do so since at this time his phone won't enable him to purchase it.
5. remixfa posted on 11 Dec 2011, 12:38 0
if thats true, and I'm just misunderstanding the post then it should say
"how to buy an app while living in a country that is unsupported by the app market" (do they even still exist anymore?)
1) have a buddy in the US log into the market on their phone using your credentials.
2) buy games, wait out time period, uninstall
3) log back in on your phone in unsupported country, and redownload game.
That is still getting around a block though that is there for some reason.. probably licencing with the country.
14. hybris posted on 11 Dec 2011, 15:47 1
I didn't see him mention anything about the country he was in, am I missing anything? It looks like one person said the game wasn't compatible for their phone- Caanon was explaining he can still get it at the 10 cents price by downloading to a compatible phone while on his google account, so the game will remain tied to his account and ready to download if he gets his own compatible phone in the future. I don't think the process he explained is a scam.
15. Dmann posted on 11 Dec 2011, 16:36 1
It's not a scam. Remixfa misunderstood his post.
It is a simple way to buy the app on his account so he can use it when he buys a new compatible phone.
17. harsh_732006 posted on 12 Dec 2011, 04:10 1
please try to read his post again..SLOWLY
18. jroc74 posted on 12 Dec 2011, 18:37 0
The last sentence shoulda explained it clearly... :)
remixfa....I have a Droid X1 that Backstab is compatible for...but not for my RAZR. Go figure...This work around really does sound legit. And I will use it now.....so thanks Caanon
(I have my DX1 connected to Wifi. So I can still use my unactivated phones. I will probably wind up with 10 backup Android phones...lol)
Now...remixfa.....I think what you might have done is posted a way to scam the system...lol
7. remixfa posted on 11 Dec 2011, 12:47 0
my SGS1 downloaded it without issue. plays perfectly fine. hmm.
9. Forsaken77 posted on 11 Dec 2011, 13:55 0
My GS1 can download it also, but my Skyrocket is incompatible. So I bought it and had it download to my Captivate. When the Skyrocket IS supported, I'll have the game. Even though my Captivate no longer is connected with a SIM card to the AT&T network, I can still use it perfectly on WiFi to download anything from the market.
10. vishu9 posted on 11 Dec 2011, 13:58 0
WTF!!?? Backbreaker is not compatible on my SGS2??? I have been looking for a football game since I bought this phone 10 days ago.. I'm new to android btw.. so anyone knows how to play this game on my phone plz let me know
11. Forsaken77 posted on 11 Dec 2011, 14:08 0
What version of the GS2 do you have? My Skyrocket works with it fine.
16. Dmann posted on 11 Dec 2011, 16:42 0
NFL rivals was for sale one of this days. It worked on the SGS2.
I don't know if you can install Backbreaker, but if there's a way, it is on XDA.
Take a look on the GSII forum, it has a huge dev community.
12. metoyou posted on 11 Dec 2011, 15:19 0
what's with all the repeating apps
The first day of sale have the best apps so far, and it's getting worse and worse with repeating apps :(
13. networkdood posted on 11 Dec 2011, 15:20 1
Cool, always wanted captain america...I have SIM CITY on a floppy still, so this version will be nice.