Bloomberg: HTC One M9 will sport a 20 MP camera, Snapdragon 810 and Dolby audio
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 2022; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
First paragraph on bloomberg's website-A customer purchases the HTC Corp. One M8 smartphone at one of the company's stores in Taipei, Taiwan. The new phone resembles last year’s M8 in size and design, with gold, gray and silver options, and features Qualcomm Inc.’s eight-core Snapdragon 810 processor, which has advanced video capabilities.
14. tiara6918 (Posts: 2022; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I guess none of you realized the mistake in the first paragraph. It says that last 2013,there is already an m8 thus leading them to say "resembles last years m8" and they also said that the 2014 htc one m8 features snapdragon 810 making it the most advanced smartphone last year. I'm doubting bloomberg about this
26. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
"The new phone" in the opening caption (that wasn't the opening paragraph, which had me really confused for a few minutes) refers not to the M8 being purchased, but the new phone as being described in the article.
If you read any of the article (the caption under the headlining picture doesn't count) you'd see that, like many publications out there, Bloomberg just copied and pasted some text from the article, text that was clearly already in reference to the new phone.
None of us realized the mistake because there was no mistake. I guess I'm just the only one who cares enough to respond.
2. Kumar123 (Posts: 503; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
Aweome. I liked the M8 but huge bazel and gimmicky duo camera ( their implementation is bad) keep me away from buying this phone. Hopefully this time they will reduce the bazel and ditch the duo camera setup.
7. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3717; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
This time according to rumors / reports, camera seems perfect, their audio is also good, only concern is about bezels. They should remove those huge top bottom bezels and trim down those side bezels. Also with the front logo placing should be like Nokia and Xiaomi in 930 and Mi 4 resp. even they can do like this at the bottom.
10. maherk (Posts: 3420; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Once you hold the m8, you won't notice the huge bezels everyone on this site complain about.
The camera on the other is not consistent, sometimes it ll give you great pictures, and sometimes it will be huge miss.
Still, if the m8 is a great phone, the m9 with a better camera will be the perfect phone for me.
25. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
HTC has been sidelined by the other big boys in ANdorid world for the past two years even though they produced real winners like the M7 and M8. An their hardware always felt slightly behind the competition but not by much...This is the year I feel that HTC takes the lead if Samsung and LG dont bring up their game
3. sip1995 (Posts: 1552; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
So now for my next phone I'm between the M9 and the new Lumia......
4. Cyagocaliz (unregistered)
I hope this one doesn't have ugly bezels and sucky camera...
9. maherk (Posts: 3420; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
How ironic, an iPhone slave is criticizing HTC's bezels. Atleast there are stereo speakers underneath it on the m7 and m8.
30. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Let's not mention the iphone 6 is taller than the M7 that has the same display diagonal, he will say it's the home button's fault lol
5. madbmd (Posts: 32; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
It will be, for sure, my next phone ! Can't wait !
6. Jamoga (Posts: 187; Member since: 17 Dec 2014)
without a doubt ill get this. im jsut waiting for march. wish they have those slow mo videos, would be cherry on top of the cake.
8. maherk (Posts: 3420; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I have no doubt about it that the m9 will be the best phone in 2015.
11. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
If they throw in waterproof feature... my mind will be blown!
12. maherk (Posts: 3420; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I had the S5 before getting the Note 4, yes the waterproof feature is nice to have, but i don't miss it to be honest. IMO people brag about this feature being implemented in their device, more than they use it.
16. maherk (Posts: 3420; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
The glass back panel of the Z series are well known for being a fingerprint and smudges magnet, that's why you might need to wash it every now and then. The S5, while it is considered to be an ugly phone, does well in keeping itself clean from smudges or scratches, that's why i never felt the need to wash it.
18. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
The back of my Z2 is always clean since I always keep it in a case. However, my hand just get oily naturally. But it's nice to have waterproof feature since I never have to worry there is water around my phone anymore. I still use it to scare my girlfriend once in a while by "accidentally" spill water on my phone. :P
19. maherk (Posts: 3420; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
That's my point lol
It is mostly used for these type of situations, fooling someone or bragging about it. Don't get me wrong, it is nice to have it, but not a necessity. Not to mention that the majority of smartphones out there are water resistant.
20. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
For me it is a necessity since I'm clumsy and always get water everywhere... But come on you know it's nice to not have to worry about if your phone get wet. Beside, the Z series offer good phone (might not be the best) with everything that is important :D
23. maherk (Posts: 3420; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Yeah i get you. That's why i said it is nice to have it, but not a necessity.
34. oonker (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Jan 2015)
I don't know, it's pretty nice when it rains haha Or if you go the beach/pool
21. oister85 (Posts: 473; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I hope they dont forget about the ir blaster.
13. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Everything seems perfect,just need over 3000mah battery.
17. Symon_Fleece (Posts: 335; Member since: 30 May 2014)
from 4mp to 20mp. Great!. One of the best phone of 2015
22. Dr.SamX (Posts: 153; Member since: 19 Jan 2015)
Fix camera and reduce bezels -> instant buy!
24. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I'm looking forward to see final product myself too.
Knock it out of the park HTC, you deserve a banner year.
27. ChowMein (Posts: 76; Member since: 01 Jan 2015)
Please can the power button be on the side and not at the top
33. snowgator (Posts: 3556; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I am loving my M8 for Windows. HTC has stepped it up. I bought with a bit of worry- but physically and performance wise, HTC really showed they are on to something big. They do not need to throw the baby out with the bath water. They need to improve on the weakness of their products, not start all over. This sounds like they got it right.
Really serious about LG and HTC responding to the market in the last 2 years. Both have taken some risks and seen their products improve because of it.
35. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
One doesn't usually here good praise without obligatory fluff.
I agree both companies have pulled their socks up some.