Alleged picture of the Sony Xperia ZU phablet leaks before announcement
More popular slideshows
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
1. Sony Xperia ZU
2. Sony Xperia SP
1. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
"Also, in line with the rumor that it will sport a screen tech that allows you to doodle with a regular pen or pencil on it, instead of a dedicated stylus,..."
14. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
A real good innovation ahead of us in screen technology. Happy to see SONY taking a good initiative.
25. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I'm not hating but why would I use a pencil instead of the s pen.....
27. kurtdean99 (Posts: 60; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Why would u use a stylus when u can use a pencil? If u lose a stylus u need to buy another stylus that is more expensive than a pencil but if u lose a pencil u can buy another pencil that is way cheaper than stylus. cheapest and smartest way than a stylus lol
33. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
The S Pen gives you much more functionality than a pencil would. There is the hover feature for previewing videos, photos, and website sub-menus. You can also add different pens, pencils and brushes all with different colors with a S Pen.
And who keeps losing S Pens? Set the alarm on it, and it will let you know your leaving it behind. S Pen is far superior to a simple pencil, but it would be cool to be able to use both.
36. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
if you just want hover feature all you need is very sensitive display just like Xperia Sola
i think being able to use anything as a stylus is better options than a normal stylus
41. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Sounds cool, but not into Sonys. Just think it would be better to have both options.
51. kurtdean99 (Posts: 60; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
What ever man. I wanna see what u would say when Sony comes with a stylus
52. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Tweek the UI a little and I would consider it. I don't hate Sony, they just haven't put out anything I'd like to spend a few hundred bucks on.
32. Dr.Phil (Posts: 862; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
As the previous commenter noted it is easier to replace a pencil than it is a stylus. Also, it would be better to write with than a regular stylus. The stylus that comes with the Note is just too small to be able to write comfortably for anything longer than a quick note.
34. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I have big hands and although I thought it would be a problem at first, I've found the S Pen is very comfortable to write with. I even prefere it to typing at this point.
37. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
To show the world that the display is more accurate than the Samsung Note
45. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Really. I just wanna see how does a simple "pencil" would compete with Stylus.
Stylus is small, I know. Hard to use.
But stylus has many features and functionality
May be Sony has something innovative this time.
38. sid07desai (Posts: 242; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I want this to be a spectacular device. Even the Note 3 shouldn't be able to keep up with this piece of elegance. Not that I hate Samsung. Just pointing out that everything needs change. People switched from iphone to Samsung. Now its time for Sony
20. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
but they need sharpener..
22. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1296; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
- Troll-physics- how to create a instant Galaxy Note - buy a smartphone ,paste a sticky on it and draw with a pencil ....u jelly Note fans
3. Insignificant (Posts: 189; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Only iPA could not understand the 1st and 2nd pictures are of different devices. The laughing stock of the tech world.
4. taikucing (unregistered)
the 2nd picture looks horrible. Thick bezel
15. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
article says its the chinese version of the xperia sp... wonder wheres the illuminating strip at the bottom...
5. Insignificant (Posts: 189; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
The camera is left of the middle on the first picture.
The second picture is likely to be the rumoured low end 5 incher for certain markets.
6. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
LOL 1 pic of Xperia ZU, 2 of Xperia SP
7. Ninny (Posts: 5; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I think 2nd and 3rd Pictures are referring Sony Xperia SP (China Version With Dual-Sim and with quad-core MediaTek processor) as mentioned above.
And by the way I want Sony to use better display for Sony Xperia Z Ultra....
11. Samir_Maric (Posts: 69; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
But it doesn't have transparent illumination bar
13. istitch (Posts: 157; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
it's the china version of xperia sp, there are some differences of course.
8. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I’m wonder wich one better when it comes to productivity
Xperia ZU or Note 3...???
42. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
We shall wait until September.
Note 3 will be out in Spetember
12. pwnarena (Posts: 813; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
still poor viewing angles. looks like no triluminos display is going to happen with the togari. if that's already triluminos, it's awful.
16. istitch (Posts: 157; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
seriously, you can judge the display quality from such picture?
19. Yeahman (Posts: 33; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Triluminos doesn't improve viewing angles, it's actually a thin layer of quantum dots which make the colors more saturated. If they want to have a saturated display and good viewing angles, they need to use Triluminos with an IPS panel, instead of those VA panels or whatever they use in the Xperia Z.
50. rgxVOiD (Posts: 432; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
You've used it? Where I want to try too....
24. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Excuse me but why would I use a pencil I stead of a s pen.....
26. kurtdean99 (Posts: 60; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Why would u use a stylus when u can use a pencil?
28. pwnarena (Posts: 813; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
or anything including paint brushes, sticks, leaves, feathers, hair, etc etc...
39. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
To show the world that the display is more accurate than the Samsung's Note
31. papss (unregistered)
First pic looks sweet bit too large for me.. Hope they do some improvements on their screens though.. I'm pushing for you Sony
35. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 961; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
now THIS is what i mean by innovation. Sony took a popular idea and modified it. I like what Sony is going to do with the phablet. I wonder what kind of screen are they going to use to make that possible.
40. twens (Posts: 513; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Pencil is cheaper but s pen is more functional. Plus it's always with you in the Fon. U will have to carry a pencil or pen all the time. When you use a note 2 you will understand how practical and functional an s pen is, it's not just about being able to write on the screen. You guys should stop hating and think widely.
46. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6107; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Me want the ZU. Such a beautiful screen.
48. MistB (Posts: 549; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
With the bigger screen in town, this and the HTC One Max sound a far more attractive proposition than the tiny 5.7 inch Note 3, yep, no longer interested in the Note 3 anymore. It's down to what Nokia/Sony and :shudders:....HTC bring.