The word out of Taiwan is that the 4.7 inch version of the handset will be called the Apple iPhone 6, while the larger model will be known as the Apple iPhone 6L. This contradicts a story from earlier Friday, that credited upset Apple executives with the notion that the iPhone 6 moniker would not be used for the new phones.
New pictures leaked on Friday also show off the logic board for both models, and the display panels for both iPhone versions. A close up of the iPhone phablet shows a more rounded corner than what is seen on the 4.7 inch unit. Check out all of the leaked photos by checking on the slideshow below.
New photos leak out for the Apple iPhone 6 and Apple iPhone 6L
1. 4.7 inch Apple iPhone 6 on left, 5.5 inch Apple iPhone 6L on right
2. Apple iPhone 6L
3. Logic Board for the Apple iPhone 6
5. Check out the rounded corner on the iPhone 6L
6. 2915mAh battery for the iPhone 6L
7. 1810mAh battery for the iPhone 6
source: AppleDaily.com.tw (translated) via 9to5Mac