5.5 inch "Apple iPhone 6L" to sport a 2915mAh battery; 4.7 inch iPhone 6 to carry an 1810mAh cell
The word out of Taiwan is that the 4.7 inch version of the handset will be called the Apple iPhone 6, while the larger model will be known as the Apple iPhone 6L. This contradicts a story from earlier Friday, that credited upset Apple executives with the notion that the iPhone 6 moniker would not be used for the new phones.
New pictures leaked on Friday also show off the logic board for both models, and the display panels for both iPhone versions. A close up of the iPhone phablet shows a more rounded corner than what is seen on the 4.7 inch unit. Check out all of the leaked photos by checking on the slideshow below.
New photos leak out for the Apple iPhone 6 and Apple iPhone 6L
1. 4.7 inch Apple iPhone 6 on left, 5.5 inch Apple iPhone 6L on right
2. Apple iPhone 6L
3. Logic Board for the Apple iPhone 6
5. Check out the rounded corner on the iPhone 6L
6. 2915mAh battery for the iPhone 6L
7. 1810mAh battery for the iPhone 6
source: AppleDaily.com.tw (translated) via 9to5Mac
1. techloverNYC (Posts: 422; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
The closer we get to the new iphone release date the more and more rumors leak......who to trust?
24. CyberFalcon (Posts: 172; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
i knew it...
That s y Samsung went for a 1860 mah battery for its Alpha...
So i guess the Camera of Iphone should be 12 mp...
70. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
This in Russia is not Samsung flagship. Don't you know that?
Or you really admit that iPhone 6 can compare ONLY with mid-range Samsung phones?
72. CyberFalcon (Posts: 172; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
dude everyone knows that SG Alpha is iphone's competitor...
26. neela_akaash (Posts: 176; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
29mah battery... Another reason for apple to increase their ridiculous price tags.
28. pulkit1 (Posts: 344; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
it is already very hight i don't think it will be anymore expensive . iPhone 6 650$
iphone air 800$
34. HamzAmin (Posts: 79; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
I'm telling you right now, we WILL NOT see any price increases. The only price variation will come from the added iPhone "Pro" (5.5") line starting at $299/$749.
I still think we could see the price increases go down for each storage bump from $100 to $50. I also don't think we'll see purely sapphire displays. They will utilize a sapphire coated material to retain some of the benefits of sapphire and keep costs down.
Even if the BOM increases by $10-$15, Apple's profit margins will still fall in the 60% range. Margins will be similar or slightly higher on the 32 GB and 64 GB models EVEN IF they reduce the cost of the storage bump from $100 to $50.
And I'm sure their margins will be even better on the 5.5" version.
This seems legit
iPhone 6 (4.7") - No sapphire
16 GB $199/$649
32 GB $249/$699
64 GB $299/$749
iPhone 6 (5.5") - Sapphire
16 GB $299/$749
32 GB $349/$799
64 GB $399/$849
65. Philipand96 (Posts: 79; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
Whilst your comments are well presented they will all prove to be dashed hopes
re prices you quote
Apple eg $649 is the current price of the IP5S, this will NOT drop across the board by any significant amount
Also the base prices of the 4.7" and 5.5 inch have already been leaked by a network as $850 and $1012 which clearly are increase.
Contract free unsubsidised prices $850 & 1$1012
Apple have been in negotiation with the US networks to increase the front end price by $100 which so far have been rejected but networks may have to relent and ALL front end cost go up by $100....
The networks still have to buy the Iphone at cost less any discount offered by Apple so if the $100+ will have to be added to the monthly tariff. the newtowrk are not going to wear a $100 loss on each iPhone
78. HamzAmin (Posts: 79; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
It is pretty obvious that the iPhone 5.5" will get a price hike and since apple has asked for a 100$ increase of price so I think that Apple is definitely talking about the 5.5" phablet. Don't judge the present circumstances with respect to the devices released in the past as apple has never released two high end devices simultaneously. We will have to wait a while for that. According to the rumors that have been heard and seen so far, I think that the 4.7" iPhone will be released at the same price as the iPhone 5s or will be a little cheaper as Apple has to provide some window for the price of the iPhone 5.5" which will be a lot more expensive.
32. Iodine (Posts: 509; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
When they had done that last time ? If they move prices, they always go down, high price is only for all new products.... This is ridiculous.
79. HamzAmin (Posts: 79; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
Note that the iPhone 4.7" is still starting from 199$/649$ so technically the price has not been lowered.
2. ancellim (Posts: 30; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Why is there a HTC Verizon device on Pic #2?
16. register (unregistered)
Apple has patented HTC.
3. fzacek (Posts: 2215; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Good luck with that 1810mAh battery, Apple...
19. Iodine (Posts: 509; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Oh did I noticed that when they last time increased the battery by 16% they went to battery life stratosphere with iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4 transition, even though the 3GS was rather poor ? And btw, which flagship phone increased their battery size by 16% compared to their predecessor this year ?
21. mixedfish (Posts: 204; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
An increase of 16% battery life from mediocre to slightly less mediocre. Everything else is doing is 3-4 days with 1080p+ screens, yet Apple iPhones have 2 days battery on sub-HD. Samsung has those 'wall hugger' ads for a reason.
25. Iodine (Posts: 509; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Heh, I would like to see you how you use your 1080p phone for 3 days without recharging, even though it would be rather boring...
And the resolution doesn't mean anything, the power compustion of the display does. iPhone got a very power hungry display, a chip that is on the very top, even after a year, even a separate LTE modem yet it last just tad less than other phones on a far smaller battery.
50. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
And that's why the LG3 screen sucks of the output power which needs to be higher
51. nctx77 (Posts: 572; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Wall Hugger? LOL! That's the stupidest ad I ever seen. Go to any airport and Android,s, ifans safe both hugging the wall. My girlfriend has a Note with 2 batteries and she still hugs the wall lol!
56. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Thier are more Apple users near the walls than Android users
73. xfire99 (Posts: 570; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
U gf isnt smart enough. Carry extra battery duh. Cost only 10 bucks.
66. bigdawg23 (Posts: 391; Member since: 25 May 2011)
I had the LG3 for 14 days, I couldn't get 12 hours on the phone. I rolled back to my Note 3, which gets 16 hours of use with battery left. I put cases on my phones, so my iPhone has a Mophie which out last any Android device I have ever owned.
36. RuiBacelar (Posts: 146; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
You try so hard to believe in your own BS.
Just buy a damn Z2 with a true decent battery(3200mAh) and dont even bother to reply.
49. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I've course battery would last long
O look at the very light halfbaked platform
The Cpu does not need to push fake multitasking.
76. fzacek (Posts: 2215; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
This year there is a significant screen size increase, meaning that the battery should be significantly bigger, which it isn't...
54. JC557 (Posts: 1163; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
For a 4.7" display I was hoping for a 2000maH battery at least. My brother's iPhone 5s barely lasts a day with moderate usage and dies in the early evening with heavy usage.
Still, I'll wait and see. Should everything seems good after a couple of months then maybe I'll get myself an iPhone.
64. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
that would only last users half a day. they want u to spend more FOR THE LARGER Iphone.
4. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2010; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Lol so it will have a slide out keyboard? And HTC logo
14. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Wow! HTC and Apple teaming up to release this beast! R.I.P Samsung.
5. GreekGeek (Posts: 845; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
1810mAh battery :-0
Looks like Apple's Powerbank shipments will likely to double or even triple once the iP6 is out :-)
You gotta have it......You gotta have it!
I tell ya this company is smart!
10. TouchWiZSucks (Posts: 53; Member since: 12 May 2014)
What about the Samsung Galaxy Alpha??
It has a 1860mAH battery and Android is known to be much harder on battery then iOS and Samsung seriously expects this to compete with iPhone [whatever it will be called]?
I tell ya that you smart
12. Taters (Posts: 3598; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The battery life on the Alpha is supposedly fine with 20nm process. And no Android isn't harder on battery life. Android phones had worse battery life before because they didn't have 3.5 in screens that were way less than 720p and no multitasking.
Now that Apple has semi multi tasking and a higher res screen, the OS should be pretty comparable.
39. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1271; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
The iPhone will have a 20nm SOC, and a custom one, at that. I think I would take 1800+maH on the iPhone over that capacity on a TW device with stock ARM silicon.
17. register (unregistered)
Samsung lost their mind with alpha. Thats it,.
68. Philipand96 (Posts: 79; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
You're missing the point.
Samsung have been sued by APPLE 3 times for copying, this time it IS deliberate
DO YOU THINK ALL THE SAMSUNG EXECS FAILED TO NOTICE THAT THE ALPHA (& name ALPHA) looked like an iPhone?
32GB non expandable memory when have same NOT included a microSD
here is the thing Samsung have pre-empted Aplle and released a 4.7" Metallic ANDROID iPhone
further more unless the rumours are FALSE, you can upgrade from the 4.7" iphone to the Alpha
Only if it had a non user replaceable battery
Samsung saying it was in the S5 family...please.
Who has it upset the most Samsung
Who will buy it when there near identical ( 8MP camera again) iphone 6 4.7" is released.
Samsung is offering Apple a BIGGER upgrade
22. mixedfish (Posts: 204; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
The Galaxy Alpha is a mid-range phone priced sub $500, the iPhone will not.
33. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The Alpha isn't a mid ranger. It is a direct competitor to the upcoming iPhone 6 with its metal body and less than 1080p 4.7 inch display.
35. promise7 (Posts: 478; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
The Alpha isn't a mid-range phone, it's a direct competitor to the iPhone see. Plus, it's price is in the high $600's and nearly $700.
40. yahia_malka (Posts: 123; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
And the Gs alpha Will be in markets before the iPhone 6 ,so that gives it the upper hand , plus the iPhone 6 resolution won't be even a 720P , its hardware sucks but people like the software (ios)
82. marcski07 (Posts: 560; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
alpha will fail bigtime, this market is just for metal-savvy, who finds premium only on metallic devices. there are more price worthy handsets than this 2 overpriced devices,
6. datsyuk (Posts: 177; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Battery life on my 5 is absolutely horrific, barely bumping it up for the 6 it will probably be just as bad.
8. promise7 (Posts: 478; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
6L? Ugh, what a horrible name. Wish they would go with the Pro and Air names. If the 6L name is true, and the leaked pictures of those fat antenna lines on the back are true, I think this is a huge step down in terms of design. I'm hoping the Spigen picture of the iPhone 6 is real because I think that looks MUCH better.
29. HamzAmin (Posts: 79; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
No iPhone will ever be called 'Pro' it's astoundingly hilarious that people think that will happen. It's gonna likely be iPhone 6 and iPhone 6L. Next year it will be iPhone 6S and iPhone 6LS. Apple will never say 'iPhone Pro S' or 'iPhone Proer' nor will there be 'iPhone Air' 'iPhone Air S' or 'iPhone Airier'. There is no iPhone for professionals, they all will always have the maximum specs, and a professional can choose whatever size device they want.
P.S. The naming is almost entirely marketing, and iPhone Pro would be the worst marketing POSSIBLE. Nothing would be more stupid/confusing/infuriating to customers. By the way, the only reason they are making different sizes is because people don't all want the same sized screen. There will be no or next to no differences in specs. HamzAmin is offline :) Peace
13. illusionmist (Posts: 126; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
Whoa. If they really do put a 2915mAh into iPhone, coupled with the efficiency of iOS and A8, battery life should be pretty astonishing.
18. JMartin22 (Posts: 1245; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
The more functionality from Android that is incorporated into iOS, the more demanding and laggy it gets, as seen in iOS 7.
75. JMartin22 (Posts: 1245; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Lol, semi-tasking - they don't have true multi-tasking but it's obvious that it tried to replicate these features with some more demanding off-set.
30. pulkit1 (Posts: 344; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
it was Improved with iOS 7.1 now it is not laggy on new hardware and lag in old hardware is because of older cpu and less and slower ram .
48. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
So that's why Touchwiz lags
S805 does not have the power to push Touchwiz
62. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
More like you are
Try visiting techsites and Cpu websites more.
Try using a Exynos4410 or a below powered cpu on the S5 or S4, you will see more lags.
Try root your S4, and under clock the Cpu to 1.5Ghz or below. Laaaaaaags.
Experiment before calling others stupid
More like your the biggest pathetic dimwit.
44. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 139; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Laggy? iOS 7? When is the last time you touched an iPhone?
47. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Ipad mini lags and stutters
Ipad lags and stutters
Cpu is weak
Bogus 1Gb ram
55. bucky (Posts: 1574; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Not sure what device you use but the 5 and 5s are both buttery smooth for me. The 5s is blazing fast. My iPad Air is too.