What technology/device will replace the smartphone?

Join the discussion
• 3mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Aren't you tired of the rectangular slab of silicon and metal in your pocket? For the past decade, nothing has changed in the way we use our phones. Yes, they are faster, brighter, take better pictures, and you can game on them.

But realistically, we use the same interface—our fingers and the display—to input and output information, and it's getting old. The sudden AI explosion raises some serious questions about the future of the smartphone as a device.

Strange and peculiar gadgets start to arise, such as the AI-powered Rabbit R1, which is kind of an AI assistant that uses your phone for you. Is this the future? Are we moving toward AI terminals connected to the cloud, or are there other options? Is there a technology that can ultimately replace the smartphone as we know it? Smart glasses that you control with your eyes? Contact lenses? Star Trek communicators? What do you think?

Yes i agree with you but this rectangular slab will always be a part of our life, star trek too has an apple like tablet, I am an avid reader of science friction stories and i know its all written by the great minds that tells us in the near future we can communicate telepathically and if that happens just as the books and authors convinces us to believe then we may potentiality see a new break through in the fileds of communications.

• 3mo ago
This comment is awaiting moderation and will be visible after it has been approved.
FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless