AI in Smartphone Photography: Does It Enhance or Overshadow Real Skill?

Join the discussion
• 5mo ago

Just glad to have the AI assistance... I don't really bother to take too many photos, but when I do, I am glad to see the improvements from having the technology. I don't care what anyone else says - it still takes skill to get a Pulitzer-worthy shot... the general quality of such shots has greatly increased thanks to AI, but the raw skill required to get it to the "bleeding edge" is still a necessity, and an instinct that only the finest photographers have. I will never be one of 'those' photographers, and that is just fine by me... so AI is great for an average guy like me.

• 5mo ago

I think it can be helpful in some circumstances but where is the line between AI enhancement and a photo that just simply isn't real?

Some of the "tricks" on the Pixel 8/8 Pro are at the point of creating a false picture, quite honestly (and I'm a pixel user).

• 5mo ago

I think it depends on the purpose of the photo being taken. If it's a snapchat, I think it helps. If you're trying to make money off of it, then it hurts the industry.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless