Window Phone Blue update leaked from job posting
universal edition of the OS that would bring features like resizeable Live Tiles for tablets and the desktop. The earliest info about the update is that it could keep the Windows 8 name and be available for free.
The job posting is the first time that we've actually seen Microsoft itself mention any kind of update called "Blue" and also seems to confirm that the update will reach all the way to Windows Phone.
1. jade272727 (Posts: 62; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
Windows 8 and Windows Phone is just getting better and bigger! Compare to that boring iOS and iPhone! Haha!
2. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Blue should include more customization options.....
8. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Damn, you got a thumb down for that?
What kind of an idiot would disagree with it ?
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5289; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The same one who disagreed with your post. Probably a disgruntled iFan.
16. haseebzahid (Posts: 1775; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol my sympethies with you for ur inocent request of customization
3. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Exciting year for MS's WP. Integration across platforms is the key-Xbox, WP, w8. Alot of techies here but many seem to lack a vision of the future. Well I guess that's what happens with fanboyism disease.
4. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I hope they make it right this time and drop the pointless forced limitations.
I want a good OS for Nokia's next generation pure view.
That could finally start bringing Finns back on track
5. roscuthiii (Posts: 1722; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I dunno... I always thought Windows Phone Blue was going to be a reference to Microsoft incorporating Blue Stacks into the OS itself.
6. akki20892 (Posts: 2699; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
give us some Hit OS of the year MS.........!!!
7. rusticguy (Posts: 2812; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
When this fails to take off we will have lots of Green :)
12. volcano (Posts: 227; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
typical hater i really don't want to hate android but people like you who troll on windowsphone topics on different sites forcing us to hate it and forcing us to respond with hate comments
19. papss (Posts: 3461; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Agreed.. It's a typical closed minded comment from him so don't expect that to change
10. kaliil10 (Posts: 144; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Bill Gates knows how to destroy the competitors as he did to Apple in 1980s, and he will destroy again Apple and Google. We will not gonna see big changes in Q1 2013 but the real competition begins after MWC.
13. -box- (Posts: 3571; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Gates doesn't have any input on day-to-day ops at Microsoft, as he's running the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. You can thank Steve Ballmer and company.
11. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
@darac... It appears nokia's February financial showed progress. Sacrifices have been made to cut cost in order to save money and compete. Regarding their phone division, they've just penetrated the US, starting with att, T-Mobile, Verizon, and soon sprint. They've slowly penetrated china, India, and other important countries. The 620 has garnered good reviews so far. As they push forward with more devices both high and low end with their exclusive technology, they will become the top WP vendor. Add to their anticipated tablet, Nokia is set to move forward in 2013. Most don't realize the potential of WP and w8. They pride in spending thousands of dollars buy gadgets whereas MS has now begun to close that gap. One wp, one surface or Nokia tab, and an Xbox is all you will ever need. And if you need a great camera and video recorder, Nokia will provide that. No more buying thousands of dollars in gadgets for everyday different situations. The money you saved buy yourself a bag of chips, sit back and relax.
14. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 146; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
I'm excited for Windows and Windows Phone Blue, I just hope it's not based on a new kernel so early that it again won't be compatible with old devices. That would seriously hurt the fanbase.
15. hepresearch (unregistered)
If anything, this just fuels the allegations that Windows 8/RT/Phone 8 were sufficiently poor products so as to necessitate what will be about the quickest update/turnover to a new Windows version in Microsoft history. Six to eight months after initial Win 8 release, Windows Blue gets released across the board... for free... to immediately replace all existing Windows 8 derivative products. Hilarious!
18. bon24x7 (Posts: 169; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
just like android comes up with a new release about twice a year..and that too free...hilarious...
20. papss (Posts: 3461; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Again I agree... I wonder if he even comes to make valid points or just a troll
21. hepresearch (unregistered)
Excellent question... sometimes, I end up wondering the same thing myself!
22. hepresearch (unregistered)
Haha... I'm a troll who isn't a fanboy? Wow... how odd would that be!
17. Edmund (Posts: 646; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Windows (Phone) Blue is the cloud component of W8 (WP8), nothing more.