Verizon's exclusivity on all new HTC One (M8) covers in-store sales only?
According to one report, T-Mobile will start taking online orders for the phone at the stroke of midnight Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning. A glitch in the system is said to be delaying T-Mobile from taking orders immediately after the unveiling of the device. That is supposed to take place tomorrow in New York City, and simultaneously in London, at 11am EDT (3PM GMT).
And if it does turn out that Verizon's exclusivity for the all new HTC One (M8) is indeed limited to in-store sales, we would imagine that besides T-Mobile, we would see AT&T and Sprint start accepting online and phone orders tomorrow as well for the eagerly awaited handset.
Tomorrow is the big day for the all new HTC One (M8)
source: DroidLife, TmoNews
1. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
if it had an Xneon flash big + that would be
2. robert26101 (Posts: 84; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
Oh I hope this is true! Im ready to spend my money.
3. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Robert, can't seem to find the source link for the 3100mah bat size. Will you be kind enough to copy paste a link ?!
9. robert26101 (Posts: 84; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
PhoneArena won't let me post a link. It says I have to be a member for 7 days. I've only been a member for 3 days. But phoneArena is the one that posted the story like 2 hours ago. Android Police just posted leaked specs from Rogers that said the battery will have 21 hours talk time and 21days stand by time.
15. robert26101 (Posts: 84; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
Evleaks twitter account just posted a YouTube video of the Verizon version of the phone. You were right its a 2600 mah batter. Go check it out.
19. robert26101 (Posts: 84; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
Is a 2600 mah too small? I do not know much about this stuff.
27. KParks23 (Posts: 459; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
It's not small but not big either should power most users with plenty of gas but the power users will still need to charge as usual!
34. JC557 (Posts: 1150; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
It's not bad. HTC usually made smaller batteries last quite a bit. Some good examples were the Droid DNA and previous One held its own.
It would have been nice to have something greater than 2600 mAH on board but I'll wait and see.
If priced right I could be picking this phone up tomorrow instead of the original One (Best Buy Blue) as planned.
4. papss (unregistered)
Agreed.. I'm jumping on this as soon as I hear the official mp count
5. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Papps, I tell you what, I wasn't convinced about this design at all, but after seen those close up shots on the unboxing hmmmm those edges scream sexy. However battery size is the most important for me. Although I've constantly heard 2600, it seems some users are reporting 3100. If that's the case, I'm first in line.
7. papss (unregistered)
Yes battery is the other big one. I'm lusting over this phone and will be jumping on this tomorrow if the lose two things match up
31. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5926; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I am wanting this soo much as well. If the Mp spec is north of 8 (10 or 12 Mp would be my personal fav), I am going to be picking up one of these bad boyz. 2600 mAh is not bad. I would have preferred 3500 mAh, but I can live with 2600 mAh.
14. papss (unregistered)
I've search everywhere and everyone has a different mp count on the back. 5 mp on the front is confirmed
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8843; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If it comes with the same 4MP camera I'm getting the S5.
20. papss (unregistered)
If it has a 4 mp camera I won't buy it either. :(
21. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
I am pretty sure its only 4mp. Hopefully 10+ but doesn't seems like it.
28. KParks23 (Posts: 459; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
I'm with you all on that one the 4up camera sucked. I'll have to see the specs and hold the phone to make my decision.. S5 is already off the table maybe g3 is the z2 does not come
32. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5926; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I hope HTC learned a lesson from the OG One. 4 Mp is a FAIL. 12 Mp rear and 4 Mp front is a WIN, though…. :-)
22. miguelmeza14 (Posts: 55; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
Yeah, I think I will end up getting the S5, too.
25. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
if thats true htc will have another decline in 2014, which htc needs to bring something wow to amaze the world
26. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
I agree. I was hoping for a great camera but 4mp is a joke. Camera is so important now when it seems like its one of the few things that really make people choose a phone over the other.
I hate Samsung and their useless gimmick but this makes more people getting a Samsung than an HTC.
6. newbey123 (Posts: 450; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
I order all my phones online anyway!! I will be ordering my dark grey version as soon as its available on AT&T. Killer android device. Good job HTC.
8. papss (unregistered)
Agree on the color. The two darker colors are my favorites
33. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5926; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Silver would not be a deal killer, although Gray or Black would be my preference. A case solves all problems (except pink, red or yellow).
10. robert26101 (Posts: 84; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
I have never ordered a phone online. If I do will I still be able to keep my unlimited data plan im grandfathered into? I have At&t too.
12. papss (unregistered)
Robert I've never lost my data plan by doing so.
35. JC557 (Posts: 1150; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I too will be getting the dark grey/ charcoal version as I never needed a case on any of my HTC or Motorola phones. Hopefully it has a grippy texture unlike the smooth bodied OG One.
11. fzacek (Posts: 2115; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Verizon is stupid and annoying. Not to mention overpriced...
24. Derekjeter (Posts: 315; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
They will sell it in the morning. The Verizon store by me is selling it tomorrow morning. Im trading in my old One for the new One. This store only has the blck and grey no other color.
30. j-rod2079 (Posts: 24; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Why would HTC let one carrier have a two week in store exclusive? Imo, this will hurt sales once again. HTC needs to get with the program and get things right if they wanna compete with Samsung!