UK-bound Samsung Galaxy S 4 gets benchmarked, specs revealed
6. tech2 (Posts: 2187; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Tegra 4 - Power Hog.
The idea behind Octa cores is not to triumph benchmarks but to yield better battery life. Quite frankly even Snapdragon S4 enough to get good performance yields in day to day life !
30. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 860; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
WOW, in 2012 and 2011 Exynos was "the fastest chip in the world!!11!!1! It's the best on benchmarks" according to Samsung fans, now it is to yield better battery, seriously guys you are starting to get like Apple fans.
33. Taters (Posts: 3261; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Of course you choose to ignore the facts like a typical Samsung hater. The Tegra 4 is rumored to be a tablet beats like the power hungry A6X and Exynos 5 dual. If you want to compare cell phone processors, compare the Octa with the Tegra 4i, the really gimped out version of the Tegra 4 that they designed for small cell phone batteries.
35. Taters (Posts: 3261; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
You are a more of a delusional HTC fanboy than I thought.
31. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
its not that big of a deal to be power hog! and its just a bubble made by the competitors thats tegra 4 is power hog! if u want to have ur mobile's battery last like million days go get a nokia 3310... its 2013! its power age and i want raw power! rarrrrrrrrrrrrr
34. Taters (Posts: 3261; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It's not a bubble. A15 doesn't work well for cellphones without the big little configuration. And the one power saving core in the Tegra 4 wasn't enough, hence the tegrav4i.
If power didn't matter the Exynos Octa and Tegra 4i wouldnt exist. The Exynos woukd be blazing the quad A15 at all times and crush every benchmark.
7. nikenturd (unregistered)
You are so gullible. What makes you think Nvidia didnt apply some extreme form of cooling and overclocking? Its only the final product that counts
15. zaryab_hussain77 (Posts: 102; Member since: 30 Jun 2011)
IDK whether Tommorow we'll be surprised or disappointed :/
23. nikenturd (unregistered)
Well, typical Nvidia, they said the same thing when the Tegra 3 was under development, That is why I dont trust them , plus you have to wonder why handset makers are reluctant to get the Tegra 4 chip which means, it wasn't designed for battery efficiency. You can't just brag on how fast your chip runs on Antitu while disregarding the rest, Nvidia thinks thay can lure customers that way...
29. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, I hope we will not be disappointed.
2. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
The chip is seemingly good. Nice, nice.
3. mariosraptor (Posts: 110; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
why the f**k bother and create a 2013 flagship with 16gb memory onboard that you have usable only less than 10gb.
most games out there require the game data to be stored in the built in memory and those are big games.
and again Samsung will tell us it will be available in 16/32/64gb variations which will never come.
9. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
In case if you don't know there is a tweak in which your 64gb sd card can be used as internal memory while switching the phone'sinternal memory to become an sd card. This requires rooting and stuffs and works in sgs3 and sgn2.
You can find it in xda-developers.com.
11. mariosraptor (Posts: 110; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
ofcourse i know. i want it out of the box to be superior.
the trick as you say from Mattiasdj is great but have a lot of drawbacks.
in case you are wondering the internal memory has a lot better R/W speeds than the external.
13. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
yeah but i'm sure alot of us don't wanna root our phones.
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Also if 2GB of RAM is not enough there's a software called "RAM EXPANDER" in play store which if you have a 16, 32 GB memory card class 10, that it lets you interchange the memory of you're to the phone memory, so this will turn you're phone giving up to 6gb of RAM. Like galaxy storm said Rooting is required.
18. mariosraptor (Posts: 110; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
i am sure 2gigs of ram are more than enough. but the first issue is getting dissappointing.
what dissapint me also is Samsung's lying policy about all the wonderful accessories that eill go along with your device, such as wireless charging kit for the S3 and Note2 but those also never appeared in the market.
do not get me wrong i always have bought Samsung especially because of their unlocked BL and great support @ XDA, but this is getting quite boring on never delivering on their promises.
Atleast other manufacturers deliver what they promise. Peace
39. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
One of the many reasons that
I WILL NEVER BUY A PHONE WITHOUT SD EXPANSION!
24. nikenturd (unregistered)
I tried that tweak and it messed up the camera function....somehow I dont recommend tweaking your device in order to accommodate more storage.
4. AnTuTu (Posts: 886; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
I'd rather wait for 2morrow but good score though :)
5. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
This ones running on qc snapdragon 600. Excellent score btw.
8. nikenturd (unregistered)
All I care about is the Exynos chip that powers this thing, Im guessing rougjly about 2k-3k more.
10. _Bone_ (Posts: 2135; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The 1.9GHz is the SnapDragon variant not the Octa, scores also confirm that.
26. TylerGrunter (Posts: 993; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Right? That's the same I thought when reading the article.
UK is getting the Snapdragon 600, both the 1.9 GHz in the clock of the CPU (Exynos octac uses 1.8) and the GPU Adreno 320 says that.
Nick, please correct that "presumably the Exynos 5 Octa"!
12. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Gosh, this is obviously a Snapdragon version.
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
There are 3 versions of the A15, Exynos 5 series, wonder which one will they be using? Hope its the E5450®
20. emadshiny (Posts: 1135; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
this number is exactly the same as that of ONE.
what does it mean? S4 using snapdragon 600?
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
600 is just an overclocked CPU giving an extra 200Mhz, 1.7 Ghz
27. TylerGrunter (Posts: 993; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
In this case yes: both the 1.9 GHz in the clock of the CPU (Exynos octac uses 1.8) and the GPU Adreno 320 confirms that.
25. rizevnarastek (Posts: 330; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
A worst score then HTC One but running an over clocked CPU. That seems bad, doesn't it? With 200mhz more (1.9ghz) GS4 scores lower then HTC One with 1.7ghz... Sweet for HTC
28. Neurone (Posts: 54; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
PA would make us all hypertensive with their "grain of salt" rumors....
All rumors will end tomo at unpacked event .... fingers crossed
32. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
guys bad news, screen looks to be kinda LCD not Super AMOLED... look at that grayish-black...
36. mr.sammygalaxynote3 (Posts: 15; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
I think Samsung Galaxy S4 is the most electrifrying smartphone in this year...Not Motorola NXT,not Apple 5S,not LG Optimus G Pro Plus,not HTC Facebook smartphone..
37. Taters (Posts: 3261; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It will most likely use ddr3 ram so performance should be noticebly better than the competition regardless.
40. datsyuk (Posts: 168; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
So upset Exynos won't be in the US variant :(