UK-bound Samsung Galaxy S 4 gets benchmarked, specs revealed
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
Samsung Galaxy S 4 hands-on
14 Mar 2013, 18:32
Google+ surpasses Twitter to take number 2 social network after Facebook
28 Jan 2013, 00:58
6. tech2 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 04:43 14 1
Tegra 4 - Power Hog.
The idea behind Octa cores is not to triumph benchmarks but to yield better battery life. Quite frankly even Snapdragon S4 enough to get good performance yields in day to day life !
30. CanYouSeeTheLight posted on 13 Mar 2013, 08:42 3 1
WOW, in 2012 and 2011 Exynos was "the fastest chip in the world!!11!!1! It's the best on benchmarks" according to Samsung fans, now it is to yield better battery, seriously guys you are starting to get like Apple fans.
33. Taters posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:41 1 1
Of course you choose to ignore the facts like a typical Samsung hater. The Tegra 4 is rumored to be a tablet beats like the power hungry A6X and Exynos 5 dual. If you want to compare cell phone processors, compare the Octa with the Tegra 4i, the really gimped out version of the Tegra 4 that they designed for small cell phone batteries.
35. Taters posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:47 2 1
You are a more of a delusional HTC fanboy than I thought.
31. AamirSIII posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:14 0 0
its not that big of a deal to be power hog! and its just a bubble made by the competitors thats tegra 4 is power hog! if u want to have ur mobile's battery last like million days go get a nokia 3310... its 2013! its power age and i want raw power! rarrrrrrrrrrrrr
34. Taters posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:46 0 1
It's not a bubble. A15 doesn't work well for cellphones without the big little configuration. And the one power saving core in the Tegra 4 wasn't enough, hence the tegrav4i.
If power didn't matter the Exynos Octa and Tegra 4i wouldnt exist. The Exynos woukd be blazing the quad A15 at all times and crush every benchmark.
7. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 13 Mar 2013, 04:43 3 1
You are so gullible. What makes you think Nvidia didnt apply some extreme form of cooling and overclocking? Its only the final product that counts
15. zaryab_hussain77 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 05:14 7 1
IDK whether Tommorow we'll be surprised or disappointed :/
23. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 13 Mar 2013, 06:13 1 0
Well, typical Nvidia, they said the same thing when the Tegra 3 was under development, That is why I dont trust them , plus you have to wonder why handset makers are reluctant to get the Tegra 4 chip which means, it wasn't designed for battery efficiency. You can't just brag on how fast your chip runs on Antitu while disregarding the rest, Nvidia thinks thay can lure customers that way...
3. mariosraptor posted on 13 Mar 2013, 04:41 5 6
why the f**k bother and create a 2013 flagship with 16gb memory onboard that you have usable only less than 10gb.
most games out there require the game data to be stored in the built in memory and those are big games.
and again Samsung will tell us it will be available in 16/32/64gb variations which will never come.
9. GALAXY-STORM posted on 13 Mar 2013, 04:53 7 3
In case if you don't know there is a tweak in which your 64gb sd card can be used as internal memory while switching the phone'sinternal memory to become an sd card. This requires rooting and stuffs and works in sgs3 and sgn2.
You can find it in xda-developers.com.
11. mariosraptor posted on 13 Mar 2013, 05:01 4 5
ofcourse i know. i want it out of the box to be superior.
the trick as you say from Mattiasdj is great but have a lot of drawbacks.
in case you are wondering the internal memory has a lot better R/W speeds than the external.
13. spideyhead256 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 05:09 7 0
yeah but i'm sure alot of us don't wanna root our phones.
14. mariosraptor posted on 13 Mar 2013, 05:13 2 1
16. TROLL posted on 13 Mar 2013, 05:20 2 0
Also if 2GB of RAM is not enough there's a software called "RAM EXPANDER" in play store which if you have a 16, 32 GB memory card class 10, that it lets you interchange the memory of you're to the phone memory, so this will turn you're phone giving up to 6gb of RAM. Like galaxy storm said Rooting is required.
18. mariosraptor posted on 13 Mar 2013, 05:29 2 3
i am sure 2gigs of ram are more than enough. but the first issue is getting dissappointing.
what dissapint me also is Samsung's lying policy about all the wonderful accessories that eill go along with your device, such as wireless charging kit for the S3 and Note2 but those also never appeared in the market.
do not get me wrong i always have bought Samsung especially because of their unlocked BL and great support @ XDA, but this is getting quite boring on never delivering on their promises.
Atleast other manufacturers deliver what they promise. Peace
39. _PHug_ posted on 13 Mar 2013, 10:58 0 0
One of the many reasons that
I WILL NEVER BUY A PHONE WITHOUT SD EXPANSION!
24. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 13 Mar 2013, 06:24 0 0
I tried that tweak and it messed up the camera function....somehow I dont recommend tweaking your device in order to accommodate more storage.
4. AnTuTu posted on 13 Mar 2013, 04:42 3 1
I'd rather wait for 2morrow but good score though :)
5. GALAXY-STORM posted on 13 Mar 2013, 04:42 2 0
This ones running on qc snapdragon 600. Excellent score btw.
8. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 13 Mar 2013, 04:48 2 0
All I care about is the Exynos chip that powers this thing, Im guessing rougjly about 2k-3k more.
10. _Bone_ posted on 13 Mar 2013, 04:54 1 1
The 1.9GHz is the SnapDragon variant not the Octa, scores also confirm that.
26. TylerGrunter posted on 13 Mar 2013, 06:45 1 0
Right? That's the same I thought when reading the article.
UK is getting the Snapdragon 600, both the 1.9 GHz in the clock of the CPU (Exynos octac uses 1.8) and the GPU Adreno 320 says that.
Nick, please correct that "presumably the Exynos 5 Octa"!
17. TROLL posted on 13 Mar 2013, 05:22 0 0
There are 3 versions of the A15, Exynos 5 series, wonder which one will they be using? Hope its the E5450®
20. emadshiny posted on 13 Mar 2013, 05:35 0 0
this number is exactly the same as that of ONE.
what does it mean? S4 using snapdragon 600?
21. TROLL posted on 13 Mar 2013, 05:45 0 0
600 is just an overclocked CPU giving an extra 200Mhz, 1.7 Ghz
27. TylerGrunter posted on 13 Mar 2013, 06:46 1 0
In this case yes: both the 1.9 GHz in the clock of the CPU (Exynos octac uses 1.8) and the GPU Adreno 320 confirms that.
25. rizevnarastek posted on 13 Mar 2013, 06:28 0 0
A worst score then HTC One but running an over clocked CPU. That seems bad, doesn't it? With 200mhz more (1.9ghz) GS4 scores lower then HTC One with 1.7ghz... Sweet for HTC
28. Neurone posted on 13 Mar 2013, 06:54 0 0
PA would make us all hypertensive with their "grain of salt" rumors....
All rumors will end tomo at unpacked event .... fingers crossed
32. AamirSIII posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:17 0 1
guys bad news, screen looks to be kinda LCD not Super AMOLED... look at that grayish-black...
36. mr.sammygalaxynote3 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:49 0 0
I think Samsung Galaxy S4 is the most electrifrying smartphone in this year...Not Motorola NXT,not Apple 5S,not LG Optimus G Pro Plus,not HTC Facebook smartphone..
37. Taters posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:51 0 1
It will most likely use ddr3 ram so performance should be noticebly better than the competition regardless.