The OnePlus One gets another price drop before proving it exists
1. terabyteRouser (Posts: 452; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
i thought marketing was about presenting a product. presenting is about telling as much as it is about showing.
have a little patience. this suspense would indicate that the marketing is working.
2. DnB925Art (Posts: 437; Member since: 23 May 2013)
If he does keep his promise and prices it under $400, that puts it in the same league as the Nexus 5 in terms of price. I'm interested in seeing if he can make that happen.
3. JMartin22 (Posts: 1286; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
They're trying so hard to build up anticipation for this device. Maybe a bit too hard
8. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 May 2012)
We're currently debating about it on the forums, but since it comes with CyanogenMod, expect that rooting it will be quite easy.
6. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 459; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
It will cost upwards of $230 to assemble I'm guessing. They could probably pull this pricing off. Wouldn't be comfortable for them though.
7. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 May 2012)
They don't expect to make any profit for 2 years after the release of the OnePlus One.
13. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 459; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Really? Could you provide a source? Sorry but that just seems unlikely. Do you mean they don't expect demand to be high or they won't be making any profit through sale of the device?
15. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 May 2012)
"We want more people to be able to use and share our products, which is why we aren’t expecting to make a profit for two years." - Carl Pei
9. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 May 2012)
They just get me pumped up even more everytime they tease something >.
10. DnB925Art (Posts: 437; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I would be interested in getting this as a 2nd phone if they did price this under $400 AND it also came out as a GPE, Might be very very very interesting.
12. cripton805 (Posts: 1026; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Is this even a phone?. lol What is this.