Sony Sirius could be the company's next flagship smartphone, to debut at MWC 2014
1. shrimpanzee (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Why don't they make their phones available for every U.S. carrier?
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6806; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
exactly. but its good too see SONY is making a phone for verizon now to help it's U.S. sales. but i still enjoy my Z1 could of at least try to hold out for this new flagship though
24. pyradark (Posts: 788; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Like what they said last year, little by little on US
Its a territory of sammy and appley, instead they waste their money like what HTC did, stepping stone is a great start.
They also has a huge market share outside US.
2. YodhaMali (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Meh! The next flagship from Sony better come with improved imaging capabilities in order to give a SIRIUS competition to Galaxy S V and other flagships from rival OEMs.
14. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3389; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Why you ask for that? Z1 already has the best camera in a smartphone (after Lumia 1020). Well yeah of course I hope that they won't keep it the same, but that's very unlikely to happen.
3. renz4 (Posts: 293; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
so still based on snapdragon 800? anyway is there any info about next gen snapdragon apart from snapdragon 805?
5. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
I was wondering the same thing. Kinda slow if you ask me. I mean there is talk of 8 core and stuff yet its not being implemented by big shot companies...except chinese white box companies and Samsung?
17. renz4 (Posts: 293; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
i haven't seen qualcomm live press con but from anand live blogging it seems there is nothing new apart from what we already know (like snapdragon 805 and krait 410). i wonder if qualcomm intend to make snapdragon 805 as their main flagship throughout the year
6. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
please less bezel and good display sony. other things are good on z1.
7. fireblade (Posts: 714; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
IPS display please. TFT is so old and ugly
8. Arsen (Posts: 31; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Fvck all those people who want "I want improved imaging capabilities" the problem with Sony Flagship phones is that the screen eats a lot of those battery. I have xperia s and z1 and the battery life is terrible. The Z1 has 3000mAh battery. Whoa that's big! but the funny thing is my Z1 can't even make it for 3HRS SCREEN ON TIME. That's why I bought a G2, G2 screen on time can make it up to 6-7hrs. I wish Sirius changes that. I'm a Sony fan too
9. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
I'm a big SONY fan to.....
I prefer Amoled. Cause it's much richer than IPSLCD3, and much vibrant, more colurs, more in your face style, great for gameung viewing photos and browseing.
10. Arsen (Posts: 31; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
The only thing that disappointed me is how the screen eat a lot of battery on Xperia Phones. Look at the G2 and Z1 both of them have the same 3000mah battery but how come that the G2 screen on time is 6-7hrs while Z1 only last like 2hrs screen on time. Why can't Sony do that?!
11. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Same big Sony fan here.
Its not just the smartphones...even the laptops have low battery time. I just bought Vaio Flip...6hrs at best compared to 10-12 hrs on Macbook and others.
I have the Xperia Z and its finally getting ok battery time after upgrade to 4.3.
Is having a shorter power cycle better to have a long-lasting battery?
16. _KIRA_ (Posts: 19; Member since: 25 Dec 2013)
The shorter battery life on the Flip has more to do with Windows than Sony
25. pyradark (Posts: 788; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
You should talk to sony customer service
Bcoz my Z Ultra with 3050mah on a 6.4in stay up to 5hrs
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6806; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
actaully my Z1 lasted me all day while watching videos/music down to 70% u should by turning off your data traffic (TURN OFF DATA reduce battery life) and stop going on facebook all the time and quit complainin on the battery life.
15. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Only pointing out the TRUTH here. Despite being a Sony fan, I'm disappointed about their battery time. Many other phones can do same with more battery time.
It doesn't have to be Facebook. Like many business people, I sync email on my phone(thats why DATA STAYS ON)..What point does a phone serve if its not capable of doing that with good battery time. I mean thats why its called a SMARTPHONE right?
If you use it for movies and music...might as well get a walkman or iPod. Or a regular cellphone..if u need for calls.
19. Arsen (Posts: 31; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Man I know the basics on saving battery like the turn in off sync, WiFi, data, setting brightness to low, closing recent apps etc . you clearly haven't tested other phones if you think Z1 has a great battery life. Well the truth is it's not. 3000mAh battery matched with power hungry screen makes your phone feel like it has a sh*ty battery life.
18. TheM16 (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
I own a Z1 and the battery is superior it lasts a day or a day and half easily I don't know what you guys are talking about??!!
I do chatting on BBM and WhatsApp, gaming, browsing, YouTube and hotspot .... Have No complains best android phone ever owned till date ...
20. Arsen (Posts: 31; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
I'm pretty sure you use those apps for a short period of time. For a 3000mAh battery with 2hrs 30mins screen on time well its not worth it. I know the camera is great but not worthy enough for heavy users. I wish Sony should focus on battery & display power consumption.
21. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Maybe is the Z1 problem itself, or something.we still got Z1s on the way,... problem might be solved.im sure those sony fans will like z1s or not...lol
22. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
I think the Z1S definitely packs a punch. Its a something everyones been waiting for.
23. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
With 32GB out of the box,microsd xpandable memo..+1