Samsung aims for simple transition from the iPhone to the Galaxy S III with the Easy Phone Sync app
22. nyuvo posted on 25 Jun 2012, 18:16 0 0
I think what Samsung is doing is smart. See most iPhone users I know are quite proud about how their accounts are all backed up and there music is organised with itunes etc etc and if they were able to continue using itunes the way they have been and have this companion app to sync there data as per usual, suddenly you get the benefits of itunes (even I myself an android user uses itunes for my music) and its sync capabilities and also the obvious benefit of having an amazing android phone.
I think it's a done deal for a lot of iPhone owners but I guess we can only wait and see how many installs the app gets to give us an approximate number of people switching from ios to android.
36. Sangeet posted on 27 Jun 2012, 11:33 0 0
Maybe Apple is going to trash that app out of the App Store cuz they remove what they hate and give some other excuses for it. Typical dirty stratergy
37. aschamy posted on 01 Jul 2012, 05:43 0 0
WRONGGGG!!!!! LOL I LOVE IT!!! now I don't have a reason not to switch. :P
I'm getting it tomorrow... and to be honest, this was the only thing keeping me away from android!
3. wsucoug13 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 09:20 2 2
Can't wait for all the iFans to come on here and b****
34. Jillsandwich posted on 26 Jun 2012, 00:53 1 2
So, if you COULD care less, then that means you actually do care what other people chooses?
English, motherf*cker, DO YOU SPEAK IT?
4. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 25 Jun 2012, 09:22 4 5
That is not saying much about the Apple customers. Android is not that hard to learn. Just give anyone a hour with Android 4.0.4 ICS & they will be experts in no time. It's not hard to transfer iTunes to your Android handset. It's sad that an app like this is needed for the poor souls coming from an iOS device! lol
Hey but Samsung is easing these poor souls from the Darkside, (iOS) to the side of the Force. (Android)
6. Mitchel posted on 25 Jun 2012, 09:34 4 4
But average iPhone users are just too lazy to tinker their phone, they just want a phone that works..
7. PhoneArenaUser posted on 25 Jun 2012, 09:56 4 3
"...they just want a phone that works..."
Sounds like taco50. :)
10. matrix_neo posted on 25 Jun 2012, 10:03 2 3
Maybe it's him. : )
33. cttan456 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 23:57 2 2
my girlfriend's teenage daughter had to send her iPhone 4 to the repair centre 7 times in the past months..you call that a phone that works?.. she's a huge iPhone fan but finally she told me "Galaxy S3 for me next time"
Samsung launch dozens of phones per year but Apple launch only 1 miserable, outdated, small-screened phone per year and still can't get it to work.
15. taco50 (banned) posted on 25 Jun 2012, 13:17 6 7
Considering 70% of android users can't access wifi I don't think you have room to talk.
17. tedkord posted on 25 Jun 2012, 14:13 5 4
Considering that 70% of iPhones can't hold a signal from the carrier, iPhone users had better know how to use WiFi.
24. taco50 (banned) posted on 25 Jun 2012, 19:26 3 4
My statement is backed up by a study and yours is backed up by... Trolling
27. tedkord posted on 25 Jun 2012, 20:09 3 2
Go to the study. Nowhere does it state that Android users don't know how to use WiFi. Neither does it offer ANY reasons. It simply states that they use it less than iOS users.
You are backed up by a blog where the guy did the same thing I did, he took a naked stat, and assigned his own cause to it. You are in no way backed up by a study.
18. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 25 Jun 2012, 14:24 4 3
What in the world are you talking about taco50? Are you sure you are not confusing the i$heep with the tech savvy Android folks? Remember there are still people who swear the iPhone 4 & 4S are 4G. lol
25. taco50 (banned) posted on 25 Jun 2012, 19:27 2 4
1. Go on PA for Sunday and read articles
2. Get back to me
28. tedkord posted on 25 Jun 2012, 20:18 3 2
1. Go to dictionary.com and learn the difference between a blog and a study.
2. Go read the actual ComScore study that the blog references, and find anywhere where it states that Android user don't know how to use Wi-Fi.
3. Report back to me.
4. Write a 500 word report on what it's like to always be wrong.
29. tedkord posted on 25 Jun 2012, 21:17 1 2
Ok, since I know you won't read the actual study, here's what it says.
" In the U.S., the increased availability of LTE, 4G and other high-speed data networks currently make it less necessary for smartphone users to offload, but it’s also possible that the diminishing availability of unlimited cellular data plans will eventually push more usage to Wi-Fi.”
30. whothisperson posted on 25 Jun 2012, 21:20 0 0
I was curious about what the debate was about so I went ahead and read that article. It does not say anything about not being able to to access wifi... it states android users just so happen to use mobile data more while iphone users tend to use wifi more. Learn to read and comprehend what you read.
35. tedkord posted on 26 Jun 2012, 06:53 1 0
When you think about it, since the study attributes the lower WiFi usage to 4g LTE, what it's really saying is that iPhone users are forced to use Wifi by the slow, outdated hardware Apple foists on them.
8. good2great posted on 25 Jun 2012, 09:59 5 0
lol... i doubt any iphone user is gonna come here to complain...
you guys dont understand that its more android users that populate this site than anyone...
if anyone shows up it'll be Taco defending any troll attacks against apple...
and gallitoking would probably show up not to complain but to show his face because it wouldn't be him if he didnt...lol
other than that... this post will get 60+ comments from android users bashing apple and its users with redundant comments page after page...
11. fwinst posted on 25 Jun 2012, 10:22 0 0
of course, we have to be able to get a SG3 before we can make the simple transition. ;-)
12. kvenderley posted on 25 Jun 2012, 10:54 0 0
So is it just me or is everyone on here an android user or "non iphone" user? hardly nobody who comments on this site is an "iphan". lol im thinking about getting the SGS3, but idk if its the best android phone out there. what do you all think?
14. ilia1986 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 12:39 1 3
I am an iPhone user. And I hate Apple and iOS. Love Android.
19. good2great posted on 25 Jun 2012, 15:34 4 0
lol... i dont understand... just sell your iphone and get you a used android phone or buy one unlocked and root it to work on the network your on... GOSH.
why carry/use a product that you hate... it just makes you look like a traitor or a prick coming here expressing your love for android when you dont even have one...
just doesnt make sense to me...
the same with that "SlimSoldier" guy on here...lol
26. taco50 (banned) posted on 25 Jun 2012, 19:29 4 0
Exactly he says he got the iPhone so he can customize. Anyone with any knowledge knows you don't get Apple to customize.
32. ilia1986 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 23:23 0 2
Maybe because I can't? Maybe because I don't have the money for it yet?
My next phone is the SGS3.
13. aahmed215 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 11:53 1 3
Great news! I'm switching from the iPhone to the this device and this will come in handy.
20. bigmac313 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 16:04 1 3
I'm selling my 4S for this piece of artwork. Definitely getting the international verison!
23. Stuntman posted on 25 Jun 2012, 18:41 0 0
I had such a difficult time converting my wife's contacts from her old Galaxy Q to her iPhone. I had an even harder time moving over her ring tone. Why couldn't Apple have made something like that to make it easy for me to covert phones?
31. whothisperson posted on 25 Jun 2012, 21:30 1 1
Samsung is out to juice the rest of the Apple.
38. kvenderley posted on 06 Jul 2012, 09:31 0 0
Just got the SGS3 yesterday and its so much better than the iPhone. I'm still learning everything that goes into a high end android phone, but once i get used to it, ill try to root it and it will be so awesome!