Samsung Orb coming to Samsung Galaxy S IV for 360 degree photos?
share images from Samsung Orb. The beauty of the feature is that you don't have to be Mathew Brady to work the camera. All you need to do is follow the instructions to move the phone up and down, left and right. The anonymous engineer says that the pictures from the Orb feature turn out "even better than Photo Sphere, courtesy of the S4′s amazing camera." If the camera on the Samsung Galaxy S IV is to be called "amazing," it had better turn out pictures sharper than the ones we saw that allegedly came from a test of the phone's camera.
The engineer says that the Orb feature is still in beta, despite the proximity to the rumored March 14th introduction date for the device. He also noted that if Orb isn't ready in time for the launch of the phone, the feature will be added later via a software update shortly after the handset hits the market. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy S IV is expected to have a 13MP sensor.
source: AndroidGeeks via AndroidCentral
1. drpain posted on 22 Feb 2013, 08:36 26 32
Galaxy SIV gonna crush all competition. Soon, it will be only apple and samsung. HTC has junk batteries, windows phone is terrible.Blackberry? LOL
9. cR203 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:58 9 13
I agree. The galaxy s4 will indeed crush all competition.
13. ebubekir26 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:33 8 3
i Agree Samsung will change the Smartphone exsperience
but come on don't bash other phones
24. Android4u posted on 22 Feb 2013, 17:00 0 0
Lol if this is Sammy's idea of innovation, then they are headed down the path like apple....it's called jelly bean 4.2 ...not particularly new Sammy....
3. kclgphilsbsa posted on 22 Feb 2013, 08:44 12 2
i really want to see that phone now... can u move it on March 1? haha :D
my eyes are on HTC One at this moment and dubbed it as the best android smartphone in the market..
5. ajac09 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:00 3 10
If I was to choose a phone TODAY.. the gnote 2 or the gs3 over the htc one. Just wasnt that impressive.
6. cezarepc posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:12 5 12
I'd pick Xperia Z over any other phone, even if the GS4 comes out.
29. kclgphilsbsa posted on 22 Feb 2013, 18:22 1 1
then pick it up :D
its ur choice
but HTC One is smarter than XZ atliz in ds cases> screen, UI, audio quality, look, maybe the camera(well we are yet to see comparisons, so just "maybe"), processor
7. p0rkguy posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:18 4 4
Sadly true, sucks for HTC. Everybody in the market for a new phone will be suggested the Note2 or the S3, i5 if the buyer wanted a small phone.
28. kclgphilsbsa posted on 22 Feb 2013, 18:18 0 0
i myself is thinking of the note2 rather than htc One coz im still after touchwiz and the spen and reliable camera.. the videos taken by gs3 and note2 are of d best quality right now.. the images are not the best but theyr one of the best :D
8. harshithh posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:58 2 5
i still feel sony is best in terms of quality,display ,camera and audio!!!atleast for me!!!love u sony!!!
10. rizevnarastek posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:11 5 2
Bollocks... Like that's something new? It's Sphere and it's in ther Android camera. And HTC One takes 360 photos as well as far as I know.
11. caustictoast posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:17 8 1
So photospheres? Not exactly new on my Nexus 4.
33. darkskoliro posted on 22 Feb 2013, 19:44 0 0
Rebranded software. Just like android beam was to s beam.
14. faisal8708 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:39 2 3
is tht innovation? seems to me tht its just a case of brandin differently. not so much difference btw samsung and apple now
18. maccess posted on 22 Feb 2013, 11:19 5 1
did samsung ever said that's an innovation like apple did with their product??
20. faisal8708 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 12:02 0 0
they did tht with smart stay and if not why rebrand it
21. Klamba92 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 13:36 3 0
I don't know about you but smart stay is one of my favourite features along with the camera and multi window on my galaxy s3. I love smart stay so much that I got it on my nexus 7 as well. So its a great feature for me better innovation than apple IMO! However I did say my next phone will be a Nexus or the Motorola X phone.
25. SleepingOz posted on 22 Feb 2013, 17:00 1 0
Don't mind him, dude. He's just feeling the heat..
30. kclgphilsbsa posted on 22 Feb 2013, 18:46 0 0
u havnt seen the whole feature yet.. samsung claimed it to be more advanced than the photosphere, so lets just wait if it really does, and when it doesnt hen thats d ryt time to call it w/o innovation
15. draconic1991 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 11:01 2 2
I have an s3 and i hope it receives the update...
22. Klamba92 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 13:37 0 0
Well it will get photosphere when its gets updated to 4.2 it it gets updated that is!
38. draconic1991 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 21:54 0 0
according to the leaked rom it's not getting photosphere :(
16. akki20892 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 11:09 4 2
you better watch out to Nokia EOS 41MP............!!!
19. alila2 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 11:22 0 0
Samsung we need some teasers of the device already .
31. kclgphilsbsa posted on 22 Feb 2013, 18:47 1 0
thats an open feature for all android, it is just the way you make it smarter dude..
32. NateAdam8 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 19:07 2 0
HTC just needs to improve battery life then put a MicroSD Slot on there Flagship Devices and it'd be better then Samsung and Apple will continue being made for Women
35. Berzerk000 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 01:09 0 0
The One has a bigger battery than the DNA with a smaller screen, less intensive UI, more efficient processor, and probably a few added software tweaks for battery enhancement; I think that will add up to great battery life.
Also, does someone really need a micro SD card slot for a phone that has 32 and 64 GB options? Only if they're in the 1% of all the smartphone users in the world who actually do use more than that, and no manufacturer is trying to appease the 1% of consumers when the 99% are already happy with the existing amount of memory.
36. nasznjoka posted on 23 Feb 2013, 19:37 0 0
Very very much, an sd card is portable flexible not only keeps data but a good way to share and transfer bulk data. Also for the phone's security some data may be too risky to stay on the p phone directly. Don't you wonder why they sell 40 m with a phone so called ugly? (though I don't really understand why guys say that, you want a beautiful phone, your girl?
37. mydi.maus posted on 24 Feb 2013, 00:25 0 0
Samsung orb?its still an android divice(phone) photo sphere is better..