Samsung Galaxy S7 allegedly coming in H2 2015 to compete against the iPhone 6S
1. AlikMalix (Posts: 5069; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Would be funny if it had ForceTouch equivalent and other rumored features set for iPhone 6s
18. vincelongman (Posts: 4106; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Samsung and Apple ( and Google, MS, etc ...) have always been stealing ideas from each other
I doubt they will stop any time soon, especially after IO and WWDC this year
23. shahrooz (Posts: 706; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
competition is always nice brother, good for consumer.
27. j2001m (Posts: 2789; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
I do think it's a good idea as they never going to stop Apple if the phones do not come out as the same time as users just upgrade to the newest phome at the time, good move if you ask me, but it may just be the plus version of the 2 main phones, again a good move and then the note 5 on top of that
40. BobbyBuster (banned) (Posts: 854; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
Pathetic in addition.
But I think this rumor to be rubbish. It would be suicidal.
Anyway, another Galaxy Whatever.
13. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
this is a Wild rumor which will end up in the Wild
42. Well-Manicured-Man (Posts: 263; Member since: 16 Jun 2015)
Maybe Samsung has information about the iPhone 6S that has not leaked yet to public. Samsung and Apple share a lot of suppliers which could pass on some information to Samsung.
If Samsung is going to release a new Galaxy S7, it could indicate a killer iPhone 6S. Actually, I hope Samsung is releasing the S7 in September/October. Tougher competition means better products for us!
15. diehardnokian (Posts: 145; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
isn't the note already a good competitor against apple...!
17. vincelongman (Posts: 4106; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Force Touch seems like long press, but faster
I don't think its as revolutionary as others, but I would mind if it came to Android
One of the settings I always change is reducing the long press time, it would be great if in the future long press was replaced with hard press (there's even an Xposed Mod for that)
32. joeytaylor (Posts: 411; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
How do you reduce long press time?....do you need to root first
44. vincelongman (Posts: 4106; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
You need to install Xposed and then install the "System Wide Force Touch" module
37. waddup121 (unregistered)
S7 alrready dam
2. drunkenjay (Posts: 859; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
not likely. theres already an s6 edge plus and the note 5. the s7 coming out us just not likely.
3. mistercarter (Posts: 359; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
so what Samsung? you have lowered your S6 shipments twice this year, from 70 to 55 and now 45 million units... launching the S7 before schedule wont help compete against the iPhone neither, so just please stop
6. TerryTerius (Posts: 1539; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Actually, no. That 45 million for the year estimate didn't come from Samsung. The article you're referring to clearly said that number was from a Deutsche Bank report. Samsung has never made any statement altering their forecast for number of S6's they think they'll this year.
Aside from that, this is a rumor. I don't know why you're treating it as if Samsung officially made some statement about their intentions. And just like the other hundred plus rumors we hear every year about Samsung, Apple, and so on and so forth. It is likely based on nothing solid whatsoever. Especially because it would make very little sense for them to do so.
16. SuperNova (banned) (Posts: 649; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
This rumor is far from reality. Samsung isn't stupid like Sony to launch 2 flagships in the same year. First of all, there aren't any reasons for Samsung to release the S7 earlier than usual as this rumor suggests because the S6 and edge are handling the situation pretty well. Secondly, the 2nd half is the schedule for the Note 5's release, and it's going to compete with the iPhone 6s Plus, and S6/edge versus iPhone 6s, that makes more sense. Some haters seem to enjoy this rumor more than articles about their favorite brand being in trouble.
45. talon95 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
While I don't believe that Samsung will do it, I do think it would put a bigger dent in Apple sales if at the time when most Apple customers are coming off contract there was a brand new Galaxy S. I know the Note is already competing at that time but it is too large to appeal to the broader audience that the S series appeals to.
Apple sales have a huge spike every Q4 and the competition should tap into that if they want to gain market share. (15% of the US market probably comes off contract every September)
5. fonelover (Posts: 192; Member since: 19 Mar 2015)
Cannot be true. Sammy should their on due time not early.
7. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
FAKE. There are two flagships from Samsung every year, the S and the Note. There will not be two S in one year.
8. Ghost04 (Posts: 329; Member since: 03 May 2014)
This is just another fake news by some overexcited geek and spread the news on web ...
9. Loubielou (Posts: 501; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Samsungs is just trying to compete more with Apple,an to put more pressure on them as well,but apple made samsung remove there best selling options on the galaxy s6 just because they copied the iPhone 6 body & functions,that upset a lot of galaxy phone uses,Samsung are now supplying for Apple again or the S6 would have been banned in certain countries,Note 5 might be to big to compete with the iPhone 6s and the Galaxy S6 Edge the same so S7 might the right phone for Samsung to release early
28. j2001m (Posts: 2789; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Hm, the best selling options you are on about are in the G4 and they sold no G4, so try again, lg are not even going to get close to last year in sales even when selling there phone on the cheap, on the other hand, customers are all up for buying the s6 edge for an higher price of the iPhone 6 plus, hm
41. Coconut00 (Posts: 463; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
Note 5 won't be too big since the iPhone 6 Plus is bigger in size than the Note 4.
10. 99nights (Posts: 1152; Member since: 10 Mar 2015)
Pretty far stretch of a rumor, give them time to make some $$$ on the 6 first.
14. kryme (Posts: 327; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
Isn't forcetouch the same as long press that's been on Android from day 1... Wats the hype about forcetouch
20. AlikMalix (Posts: 5069; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
No, iOS had long press since the day of multi-touch (before Android), Forcetouch isnt the same, probably coupled with haptic feedback to give a more natural interaction...
We'll just have to see... Not always, but Apple certainly had zero'd-in on some perfect features that made iOS an experience to be admired. First it was multi-touch, among others then there was bounceback, that Samsung tried to steal, now back/forward gestures that I miss when trying other devices that rely on dedicated "back" button. Every transition/animation has been tuned throughout the evolution of iOS - it's not perfect, of course, but it's predictable by nature, so it quickly learns into a muscle reflex, vs taking a moment to push a button or allow eyes to readjust (hense rubber-band effect) Not to mention, lightning port, touch ID/fingerprint sensor, bunch of these properly designed "little things" assemble a fluid, second nature UI that makes the rest seem outdated.
I'm curious how forcetouch will change finger interaction with a touch screen, could be as big is multi-touch...
25. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Um no. It's a useless gimmick on the MacBook, which is much more advanced than any iOS device, so it's useless period.
As for the rest of your post...barftastic...
33. WallStreetWolf (Posts: 289; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
It isn't a useless gimmick on the MacBook. I replaced my 2009 MacBook with the new model so I could have a more mobile option since my 17" MBP better serves me as a home computer. The new capabilities of the already superior trackpad have been amplified with Force Touch. It is going to be quite relevant going forward and it won't surprise me when PC vendors jump on the bandwagon in one fashion or another.
39. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Naw, it's pretty useless. There are better software related ways to scroll faster or fast forward faster etc.
47. ecmedic4 (Posts: 324; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Please elaborate on what makes it so useless? Give actual good reasons instead of simply saying its useless just because you hate Apple. Im sure if another company had implemented it first then you would be saying how great it is, but since its Apple, of course its automatically a useless gimmick to the haters.
46. miket1737 (Posts: 2367; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
Lmfao just because you never even used a new Macbook does t mean you can talk. Alot of reviewers and websites such as Marques brownlee, arstechnica, anandtech, erica griffin, tons more reviewers all generally agree that force touch is indeed pretty dam awesome so try again butthurt taters cause your post just screams insecurity and butthurt
22. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Samsung should do this actually but not until next year. September or October 2016 Galaxy S 7 release makes sense for a variety of reasons.
1. It lets the GS6 edge be the best phone for at least a year and a half vs at least a year.
2. With a late release date there is a zero percent chance of a LG or Nexus or a Note device to take the phone of the year award away from the Galaxy S, their designated flagship. For example, with a March or April release it allows LG or Sony 4 months to top the Galaxy S device which is what LG always did until they moved up the release date recently for the G series.
3. They do not have to spend a ridiculous amount of resources on two separate flagships. They could combine their efforts by making the Note simply an Spen version of the Galaxy S.
However, to do this in 2015 would be ludicrous. This is the best selling Galaxy device in ages and it would be retarded if they cut it short. They also put significant resources into this total from the ground up refresh and it would be downright silly to do this, unless of course they begin reusing the same design for another year like Apple does with the S series. A GS6 edge s in the second half 2015 would be interesting. I still wouldn't employ this new strategy until 2016 though.
A second half release makes more sense though since it is right before the holiday shopping season and has a variety of other advantages.
24. shahrooz (Posts: 706; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
but S6 is already a competion to 6S in terms of specs and quality.
26. nctx77 (Posts: 1704; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Well folks, I guess that S6/edge aren't flying off shelves anymore. I always said it was a flash in the pan. iPhone 6:6plus is still selling in record numbers. They do not want to compete with the iPhone 6s/6s plus! The Note 5 won't stand a chance. It will get owned just like the Note 4. Sammy, 2012 is over! DEAL WITH IT!!!
30. j2001m (Posts: 2789; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
You are wrong they are selling big time, but wil, they sell if Apple comes out with then new iphone
34. WallStreetWolf (Posts: 289; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
They aren't selling big time. I work for a wireless company that owns 16 locations in NYC and Jersey City Metro Area and they aren't penetrating the market as much as we would like. I'm not saying it is a bust by any means, but it definitely isn't earth shattering.
38. Macready (Posts: 841; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
The US market has been conservative and Apple lopsided for years, hardly representative for anything, especially when we're looking at regional US sales...
35. tokuzumi (Posts: 929; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
I think this rumor has been going around for the last couple of Galaxy S generations. While I won't say "never", Samsung would be stupid to release the Note 5, S6+ (if the Note 5 and S6+ will be separate devices), and the S7 all around the same time. It's the quickest way to become the next HTC. HTC still hasn't recovered from their "side-grade" debacles 5-6 years ago.
36. babyk (Posts: 296; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
you guys actually talking about that nonsense? should not even comment to that post
43. summerofsam (Posts: 60; Member since: 19 Jun 2015)
It ain't gonna happen. The second half of the year is always for the Note series, and i can't see them releasing an S7 around Christmas time cause what would be the point in that, the iphone would already be out, and you can forget about them giving you the Note5 and S7 in September! I think that the Note5 and S6 plus will be announced in September, or it will be the Note5 and Note5 edge.
48. alltechguy (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Jun 2015)
yes, that is really great news i love to see Galaxy S7 as soon as possible..
49. Samsadict (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Jun 2015)
It's gonna be great cos I really love using samsung