Nokia's Windows RT tablet cover to include the battery pack?
The exciting thing about Nokia's cover is that it will be embedded with a battery pack. This will not only allow the tablet's internal battery to recharge, but will also provide extra power for users of the slate on the go. The cover, which apparently covers the tablet "like a book," will click into place. The internal battery on the model is supposed to offer 10 hours of use and has fast recharging capabilities that quickly recharge the cell to 50%.
Those with knowledge of Nokia's plans say that the Finnish based firm will build a limited number of Windows RT tablets with the goal in mind to eventually offer the device with Windows 8. And these sources confirm Nokia's intention to show off the tablet in Barcelona at MWC 2013 in February.
source: TheVerge via RedmondPie
2. HTCOE (Posts: 243; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
hmmm.... not interested so where is more info on this "X Phone" aka the neXus?
6. pongkie (Posts: 491; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
hmmm.... yeah right so you are looking for an "X Phone" then clicked on an Nokia Win RT article and commented.
3. -box- (Posts: 3537; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So much win... Definitely rivals the Surface for raw appeal, more so than any other tablet (only tablet, not convertible laptop) yet to come out.
4. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
I hope it comes in yellow , red or white so I could buy it for my Lumia
7. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 650; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
good nokia ... design it like lumia 900/920 .... but careful about weight (dont make it 1kg)
8. lolol (Posts: 64; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
Nice one Nokia :) Do something new and innovative , we are with you
9. duwiegeneral (Posts: 48; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
yeaaaaaah!!!! nokia to the world and for the world..
10. shashi.map (Posts: 30; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
Really good from Nokia........it would be more appealing if it can come with Windows 8pro with intel atom dual core .......... fingers crossed for MWC
11. Mallouette (Posts: 10; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
This is good news about Nokia. They are always great when it comes to build quality. Wish them good luck in 2013.
12. lauremar (Posts: 180; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
This is awesome! I can't wait for this... I love the idea of incorporating the click-on type/touch cover - it's just like the Surface but with a much cleaner and more durable design... Include the PureView Camera and this will be one killer tablet!
13. Bernoulli (Posts: 1335; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Hopefully the table will have the same or higher pixel density than an 808 pureview, I don't mean the camera MP but the screen resolution, but you know, why not throw in a huge pureview sensor and a 41 MP camera? That would be very nice if it were to happen lol but as long as the screen resolution is similar or better than the 808 pureview is the most I could ask for.
14. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I am hoping Nokia venture enters the X86 market for Tablets. I need a Windows 8 Pro tablet. Come on Nokia build a Lumia Tablet already!!
15. Dunknown (Posts: 80; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Hope it will be a ground breaking tablet. With intel 7, quad core, 8gb ram, long lasting up to 20 hours or more, Pure Motion Full HD plus, 12 megapixel pureview back and front,