Nokia to announce its next big thing on May 14th in London
1. Ninetysix (Posts: 2445; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Last "next best thing" event from another company was a huge disappointment. I'm not falling for that again.
7. Penny (Posts: 1652; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I dunno...Nokia spends a lot of money in R&D, and they attract top tier engineers. I don't necessarily expect to see new inventions, but I do look forward to seeing what cool stuff they've been able to incorporate into the upcoming Lumias.
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea another wp8 Nokia highend device with 2012specs, huge big wide heavy and a brick™
14. Penny (Posts: 1652; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I am rubber and you are glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!
16. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
2012- Nokia “HAAC” Rich Recording -------> 2013,on htc one
2012- Nokia OIS ---------------------------------> 2013, on htc one
2012- Nokia low light performance ----------> 2013, on htc one
2012- Nokia super sensitive screern--------->2013, on samsung galaxy s4
2012-Nokia wireless charging-----------------> maybe in 2014 on htc and samsung .
You have something more clever to say?
28. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I agree with the Mics, but OIS is something that have been on DSLRs since the 90s, nokia is just the first to have it on a phone, and low light performance is a consequence of many factors (Aperture, OIS, Shutter speed...), NOT a technology by Nokia, Super sensitivity is a Synaptics technology, and Wireless charging has been there for a while (Remember the Palm Pre??)
31. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3876; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Everything, has been pretty much there.
But the fact that Nokia improvised it for smartphone purpose is a neat feat! That is why they are steps ahead of the competition in hardware innovation (i don't mean processors and stuff) terms.
32. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
1) I did not say that Nokia invented all this, I just said that Nokia had used it already in 2012.
2) the OIS in DSLRs is different from OIS in the Lumia 920.
38. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
then i can also say 1080p is on LCD and LED Tvs and desktop displays from 2008 or before that prety old isnt it meh :P
29. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3876; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Come to think of it, all those innovations didn't come scattered in multiple devices... Everything came with the 920. That's something to be proud of.
30. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
“HAAC” Rich Recording Was first in Nokia 808 PureView, but yes all this technology is in Lumia 920.
20. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
TROLL is a paid WP basher who is not worth the money they pay him. He has no credibility...
22. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
No one will pay him for the stupidity he writes here.
41. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
troll is lonly no one wants to be its friend and all it has is SGS[x] where x is whats comes every year with more cores and same performance still it braggs and normally humans ignore it
and it normally hates everyone who users mobiles that are not android. it thinks world should obey it but nothing listens to it
46. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Sticks and stone may break my bones but chains and whips excite me!
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Good luck Nokia!
I'm very excited! May 14th, the Nokia Lumia story continues! OH YEAH!
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I dont think so®
Heres a red thumb from me™
4 reds already.
55. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
And here is a red thumb from me
15 reds already
56. windroid (unregistered)
I think you are addicted to thumb down (red thumb you name it) either that or you just stupid.
This post is completely unnecessary, the first post is something I would expect for someone very dumb.
So... I'm just hoping you are addicted to thumb downs. Won't let you down and giving a great red thumb.
63. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Who cares about your stupid red thumb? Now I have 19 green thumbs already! IN YOUR FACE TRADEMARK TROLL!
Heres a red thumb from xperiaDROID, you're "dead"!
23 reds already.
50. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
EOS, Catwalk, and NL928..........can't wait........Go Nokia Go.......!!! who know some cool features in it, solar charging may be
64. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Don't worry, there are more INNOVATIONS comin' from Nokia! Soon, those Nokia bashing idiots will smash their head with a hammer.
Go Nokia Go!
3. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The king is coming back, enough said. Will we see an N80/N95 like WP8 device elevate them back to their rightful place, I hope so!
53. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
u r right dude samsung is flop the next big thing.
Nokia have not say next big thing, the phonearena said that. not nokia i hope did u get this.