Nokia Lumia 610 specs leak, to give cheapo Androids a run for their money
UPDATE: More images allegedly depicting the Nokia Lumia 610 have surfaced. Seems like the smartphone will come in four different colors.
1. redmd (Posts: 901; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Bluetooth? micro sd card? regular sim? these are entry level requirements. Nokia hopefully put these.
2. redmd (Posts: 901; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Add dual sim to the mix, half the prepaid price and or get it free on contract. And we'll have ourselves a Nokia WP for the masses. One million will be served within a month. It was the Optimus One formula (sans dual sim) when all of the Android phones scream high end.
3. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
Even in Asian markets Nokia is losing ground in the mid and low end segments, This can boost Nokia's sales, they still have the strong fan base.. I gues it will be available for Rs 10,000 ($200) in india. Keeping in mind that HTC Explorer, LG Optimus Net are doing great in that price range Nokia 610 may become a instant hit with the masses..
4. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
It will not be as hit as htc explorer as it doesn't have basic feautures like Bluetooth and no memory card slot and file sharing is only through pc most of the people who buy entry level phone doesnt have pc at home
12. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 352; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
I have a Nokia Lumia 710 and love the wp7.5 but its missing many basic features used in everyday life in India. And Many people here don't have pc and everybody download songs on their mobiles or get them through their friends using Bluetooth.
5. bbblader (Posts: 581; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
nice but im loyal to symbian nokia devices
6. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
i like windows phones, but $233 off contract is still too much for the 610. comparably the lg optimus one line are all ~$100 off contract at this very moment. the op1 line has all the features of a basic gingerbread phone. maybe the 610 will catch on in asia.
7. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
looks nice lets see how much it is in the uk...if £100 or less might just get one.
8. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
The Lumia 710 is $350 here. I'd rather buy an Entry Level windows phone rather than a low cost Lumia 610
9. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
where u r living?
in india, lumia 710 is less than $300.
15. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
In the US the Lumia can be anywhere between 350$ and 400$(off contract) depending on where you buy it from. The Lumia 800 is near 499$ if you buy it unlocked. I don't know where Bluesky02 is living but here in the states if you want an unlocked phone, that's recent, your going to have to pay the premium price more often than not.
10. A.aoudi (Posts: 125; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
What about the 150 $ estimate. For that $230 price people can buy that floodlight of a phone Nokia 701 or the 500 or and yea they have 512 MB of Ram and there is many droids in that range too.
11. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
In my country Lumia 710 will cost US$760,00 and Lumia 800 will cost US$990 off contract, and they will be released in March.
16. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
looks like lumia 710 is lot cheaper in India than other countries. hope it will be same for lumia 610 :D
17. shadez10 (Posts: 406; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
I HOPE THIS WILL LAUNCH IN PHILIPPINES... CUZ I WANT ONE!!! =D