LG G2's key features demoed on video
LG released a video that we can call "The best features" of the LG G2. We don't want to give away all of the features on the video. Suffice to say that if you make it through the whole three minutes and 55 seconds, you are going to want this phone.
And we certainly can't blame you! After all, the LG G2 packs an enormous 5.2" 1080p IPS LCD screen into a relatively compact body of 5.45 x 2.79 x 0.35 inches, and it also features one of the very best pieces of silicon out there - the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800. Not only that, but it's also equipped with an incredibly capable 13 MP camera that shoots great photos and records smooth 60 fps video with optical image stabilization.
Turning our attention to the software side of things, the LG G2 sports a host of fun features designed to make your daily life easier and more fun. Here are just some of them:
- Knock on: Double tap on the screen when it’s off, the phone will automatically turn on. Do the same when it’s on at any dead space of the screen, it’ll turn off the display. This one is actually very useful, especially if you can't get used to the new position of the power/lock key.
- Guest mode: Two different lock patterns for you and your guest. Essentially, it adds another user profile for the phone, which gets them to guest mode where the admin can restrict certain apps.
- Answer Me: When the LG G2 rings, you simply pick up the phone, hold it up to your ear, and it’ll automatically pick it up. No need to finagle with turning it on and actually pressing on the answer key.
- Text Link: The LG G2 inspects various texts, and automatically suggests links to relevant apps. For example, if someone sends you a text regarding a time and date for a meeting, you can have the LG G2 automatically populate the appropriate info to the respective apps – such as putting it into your calendar.
- Slide Aside: Simply swipe to the left with 3 fingers on a specific app (any app in fact), the app will be placed into a saved state. Once you select up to 3 apps for Slide Aside, you can access them at any time by swiping right with 3 fingers – essentially another way to multi-task.
- Capture Plus: Capture everything on a page, not just the cropped image on the screen – like stuff in the web browser and email. For example, you can capture an entire web page.
- Quick Remote: Universal remote control with IR blaster. Now, the G2 learns the pattern from ANY IR remote controller – like garage car openers too, on top of the usual TV ones. Point the other remote to the LG G2’s IR blaster, and it’ll learn the pattern of the IR.
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5539; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Time for LG to ship their beast. Otherwise, it gets swamped by other toys. Sammy is not going to wait on Note 3 shipments. Don't know about Sony, but the greater threat comes from Sammy.
3. papss (unregistered)
Agree.. The one thing that LG has is price. Sony unless they price it right it is doa. If they do their typical price structure it will not sell well. SS has seemed to price the note very well for its size specs so LG better launch soon.
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5539; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Even with aggressive pricing, Sony may still be DoA in the U.S. - it is that carrier exclusive thang. At least LG isn't competing with Sony for stoooopid marketing decisions.
LG still needs to ship their beast, though. And now, not later.