Images of the unreleased BlackBerry Kopi emerge yet again
Somewhat similar to the BlackBerry Q5 in terms of overall design, the Kopi sports a squarish 3.2-inch display and a full-fledged QWERTY keyboard beneath it. Just as we told you half a year ago, the Kopi also comes with a removable battery under the rear hood. Interestingly, its capacity is 2,100mAh – pretty decent for a low-end device such as the unreleased Kopi. The battery is most probably one of the highlights of the smartphone.
The overall design of the device is nothing to write home about. As you would expect from a low-tier device, the build materials seem cheap. It looks like the back cover of the device comes with some kind of granulated surface, which most probably enhances the grip and prevents any fingerprints from further defiling the looks of the BlackBerry Kopi.
source: Techrum (translated) via BerryReview
12. sumwhatrediculous (Posts: 17; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
LOOKS LIKE A BRAND NEW GALAXY S2 QWERTY LMAO
2. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1827; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Looks like something from 2005? *shivers*
4. refillable (Posts: 630; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
What's this? Kopi Luwak? Well anyway the 2100 mAh battery could be pretty interesting if say the price is $99.99. It could be an excellent secondary phone.
10. corporateJP (Posts: 1555; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
If it was $100, no-contract, I'd pick it up for the backup collection.
But knowing Blackberry and their out-of-touch consumer practices, this will probably hit shelves around $200.
16. refillable (Posts: 630; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Exactly, but yes, you're right about BB's stupid pricing. A 9900 is still $300 here... Which is nuts considering my country could be a country that has the most BB users in the world :).
5. vipervoid123 (Posts: 114; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Blackberry Coffee xD
Kopi = Coffee in Malay ~ xD
14. tatail (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
You gonna get an email with a warning for writing in another language than English.. At PA there is no common sense.
15. tadaa (Posts: 243; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
yup i got one too. but its their rules. never know when someone is cursing you in another language
6. SleepingOz (unregistered)
There's no way they'll make it with this.
8. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
This is the best they can come up with?
11. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Another piece of garbage. This company is going downhill fast
17. verty (Posts: 105; Member since: 07 May 2012)
John Chen Just Keep it coming. I still shout it from the roof top. BB 10 is so much better than ios. A robust OS indeed. I love my Z30 to the bone. Hypocrites. You be complaining about BB pricing yet you over willingly zombify yourself to an overpriced overrestrictive boring unchanging ios. Please world wake up!!!!
19. fuelband (Posts: 22; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
Agreed! Gesture-based os is the future in mobile world.
20. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
i am thinking how it will looks when this concept (with physical keyboard) is enlarged until the size of like Nokia 1520....lol
21. alexthe10 (Posts: 14; Member since: 13 May 2014)
You want to know whats even funnier is that all this lame people talking bad about BlackBerry they where all cool when they had theres now they act like a bunch of hypocrites.