HTC might be unveiling a monster WP7 phone at its press event in London next week
It is not hard to believe that HTC will be the one outing the best Windows Phone 7 handsets in terms of design, judging from the slide-out speaker touting HTC T8788, and the HTC Schubert with its aluminum unibody. But a 4.5" AMOLED 1280x800 screen coupled to a dual-core 1.5GHz chipset in the HD3/HD7, or whatever they name it?
The list goes on with 1GB RAM/ROM, 16GB of internal memory and 1800mAh battery. We guess this could be the latest generation Snapdragon, given the close ties between HTC and Qualcomm, which will mean that the handset can shoot full 1080p HD video with its 8MP camera and dual LED flash.
Are you drooling yet? We certainly are, and can't wait until next week hits. It's Nokia World, the LG Optimus press event, and if HTC comes up with the HD7 and its rumored Android tablet at the September 15th happening in London, we will have to pop some champagne to cap it off.
1. ilia1986 posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:48 0 0
WTF This is insane!! Thats not a phone - that a full-blown netbook!!! I refuse to believe one bit of these specs until we will all know for certain.
3. herbiederb posted on 07 Sep 2010, 11:04 0 0
Those specs are reliable. That 1.5 is a dual-core none the less. If they put Android on that.. I'm sold!
5. derp (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2010, 12:23 0 0
i would rather have something reliable before im sold.
14. shayan (unregistered) posted on 08 Sep 2010, 00:23 0 0
android? yeah, it would be great. but they change the name from HD3 to Hd7 becaouse of windows phone 7. Ill buy it anyway, XDA developer members find a way to make android run on that...
2. 0157h7 posted on 07 Sep 2010, 10:25 0 0
If this were real and came in a cdma variant, it MIGHT be enough to pull my interest away from Android for a moment.
6. Huta (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2010, 13:37 0 0
If you take a look at the Specs pic, you'll see it's 4G capable. So MAYBE it will come out for sprint. Who knows...
9. opie3330 posted on 07 Sep 2010, 18:00 0 0
Yes... confirmed 4G on board and front facing camera.... who else could it be for but SPRINT
18. Huta (unregistered) posted on 08 Sep 2010, 15:07 0 0
well, depending on when LTE comes out, not sure when myself, It might go to Big Red. But hey, I'm just a man with an opinion.
4. D-House (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2010, 12:01 0 0
My mouth is open and my eyes are closed, dreaming that this come to verizon. My contract is over and I need to replace my old BB storm
7. baldilocks posted on 07 Sep 2010, 13:55 0 0
Putting Windows on it just makes it non appealing. My 1986 MS-DOS machine has better graphics.
8. ilia1986 posted on 07 Sep 2010, 15:46 0 0
Are you insane? Or have you been living uder a rock for the last year?? WM7 has the best looking gui and interface that there currently is right now!!
10. tempdogg74 posted on 07 Sep 2010, 21:29 0 0
ITs mine I wanted a Window moblie 7 phone from HTC and this is a good upgrade from my guuuuuulp WAIT FOOOOOR IT..........MY EVO 4 G if this monster comes out for SPRINT soon.
11. tempdogg74 posted on 07 Sep 2010, 21:31 0 0
It seems Microsoft wants all there phones running the new 1.5 snapdragons over the ones being use right now. And they are dual core monsters.
15. Stoli89 posted on 08 Sep 2010, 11:00 0 0
Of course...they will need the resources of a huge CPU to run the damn thing. It comes with two lead acid batteries, a spare container of water, and 1 meter long leads to run the display. This is no longer a smartphone; it's a computer tablet with a smartphone OS. What a waste.
12. Pdd (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2010, 23:03 0 0
This is the shit...DAMN! Better be GsM or dual Version But the screen is too big it should be 4''
13. Androidluv posted on 08 Sep 2010, 00:12 0 0
I like !!!! This would be perfect for grad school!!!!
16. corps1089 posted on 08 Sep 2010, 11:56 0 0
the screenshot in teh post shows 720P rather than 1080P, but I think that PhoneArena is referring to its possible capabilities in the post by referring to 1080P...
17. tanders04 posted on 08 Sep 2010, 12:49 0 0
That is an old, old, old fan made render for the HD3. It came out just after WP7 was announced. It doesn't even meet the specs for the platform. There are only two supported resolutions. Initially 480x800 with support for 320x480 to follow later.
21. Amit Gole (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2010, 07:37 0 0