HTC One Max phablet poses for a family portrait, flashes a fingerprint sensor
4. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Erm, it what way? Finger print reader? I thought the Atrix had that first? Or is it Apple? Because as far as I know, all apple products, including macbooks have finger print reader. You have totally shattered my mind. I'm mind-blown.
Strange the beats logo is not there on the One (M7).
And did I just see a dock connector on the right hand side?
5. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
If there wasn't a rumor of the iphone 5s having a fingerprint scanner the HTC One Max would not have one.
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Any proofs or it is just your opinion?
12. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Before the so called 5S rumours even started, other phones had been rumoured to have finger print scanner, too. Even Galaxy S4 and Note 2 (yeah, not even note 3). Don't forget LG G2, or DROID RAZR, or as a matter of fact almost all flagships were rumoured to have one.
So can I say that "copying others some more Apple?" since the finger print rumours for the next gen iPhone came up after the others'?
13. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 978; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
There's a lot of things the iPhone5S is rumored to have, I don't see them in the One Max though. Your lack of logic is shocking. Do you have any sort of concrete proof of what Htc copied e.g. A photo of the iPhone5S???
11. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 978; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Indeed, the Atrix did bring the Finger Print scanner 1st so I do not see how Htc copied, Apple, but trust someone who is utterly ignorant to make a statement like that.
46. maherk (Posts: 3415; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
The sagem porsche p9521 had fingerprint reader well before the atrix. Anyways, the point is, apple will always steal and claim they came up with a revolutionary invention, hell even jobs admitted by his famous quote that he is a thief.
17. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
it wasnt the atrix, sprint had a windows mobile phone with fingerprint reader which i think is still in their phone line up it was the motorola es4000s
37. threeline (Posts: 267; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
That doesn't look like doc connectors to me but more less the speaker grill, but I could be wrong and who knows with HTC. It sems their willing to try anything but keeping their phones software up to date.
6. buccob (Posts: 2512; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Are you for real?!
My first Android phone in 2011 had the fingerprint scanner...
22. SonyPS4 (Posts: 344; Member since: 21 May 2013)
2011 smartphone from Fujitsu already got that feature.
26. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Oh im not surprise with shatter...he/she's HTC number one hater...and number 1 on the list of samsungs paysheets!LOL
27. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1346; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Since apple rumoured to have a finger print sensor on their new iPhone so no other companies shouldn't hold a finger print sensor on their device ??? Lol..
28. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Inb4 every phone has a fingerprint scanner and it becomes a Conspiracy Theory for the government to get everyones fingerprints that they are missing.
31. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I won't be surprised if it will become true.
32. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
They already have mine so idgaf
38. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Hahahhaha..Shatter i just want to repost your post on "Samsung Galaxy Note III to ship next month with 16GB version dropped?" Article...
"1. Shatter posted on 2 hours ago 9
Why not put 128GB in the Note 3."
Deym man youre asking samsung to copy the 128GB of iPhone 5s?HTC copy huh?pathetic! Hhahha.
49. lyndon420 (Posts: 3840; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
HTC wants to put out a good product, hard to do if all you do is copy apple. Kinda throws your analogy out the window eh?
51. kabukijoe (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
The iPhone 5S will be nothing more than an iPhone 5 with a few minor spec enhancements. No finger scanner, no laser keyboard, just another device that is practically outdated upon launch.
55. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Apple copy Motorola Atrix 4G they acutally had it FIRST before Apple purchase the company that utilizes the finger sensor. So don't go bother saying SOMEONE COPIED APPLE. I had the Atrix 4G which is why i purchase the phone for the finger sensor
2. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2249; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Hmmmmm..,.i might get this....... maybe
3. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Man, i think this is the real meaning of repetition!
7. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
While I like the original One (M7), but i do agree with you that this is too repetitive. I rather HTC come up with a new design language for its phablet. I think HTC should use the Butterfly design language for its phablet. Let the metal body for the M7 and One Mini only.
It's like seeing Galaxy lineup, or iPhone lineup all over again. And that's boring.
20. Jack58221 (Posts: 153; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
yes, they need more variety like Samsung. *sarcastic*
23. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Deym man are you reffering to samsung? Lol
29. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Hmph, watch people praise the placement of the fingerprint sensor -- double standards... must be because LG Electronics is a Korean branch...
8. gd761 (Posts: 132; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Make this a Windows Phone 8 Phablet and Bring it to SPRINT!
Where is the WINDOWS PHONE 8 Love here at Sprint?
The Low End HTC 8XT and the Mid End Samsung Ativ S Neo are the ONLY 2 Windows Phone 8 Devices. That SUCKS!!!
If HTC is Definitely going to get away from Windows Phone 8, then at least give us here at Sprint the HTC ONE MAX Running Windows Phone 8 or Even Better, Windows 8 instead of Windows Phone 8.
33. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
No, put android 4.3 on the lumia 1020 and bring it to T-Mobile.
36. gd761 (Posts: 132; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
I Am Talking about HTC & SPRINT. I didn't refer to either Nokia or T-Mobile.
If you want that for T-Mobile, then that's Fine by Me, But, We here at SPRINT Still Want and Need some High End Windows Phone 8 Love here.
The Nokia Bandit Would also be a Nice Windows Phone 8 Device to get Here on SPRINT.
The Nokia Bandit would be Nice if it were to come to ALL CARRIERS!
15. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 164; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
remove the finger print sensor and put a better 6-8 ultra pixel camera
this will be better i think
24. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I think it is much better if they put a finger print sensor and improve the ultrapixel camera? What do you think?
48. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 164; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
IMO removing the fingerprint sensor will save area for a bigger and better sensor
50. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Well you have a point but if htc can do both then why not?right..
39. MartyK (Posts: 777; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
HTC please make one that's pure Google Edition!!!
43. _PHug_ (Posts: 443; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
When Samsung originated the Phablet the haters went crazy.
Now that Samsung is being shamelessly copied it's the greatest.
44. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Shamelessly copied samsung? Seriously?Lmao..ok go tell samsung to sue all those oem that release a phablet now..lol! Did you ask yourself that samsung did not originated the smartphone?hahaha..
47. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
You know Dell released the first "phablet" right?
And are you really suggesting that doing a bigger screen size is copying?
In that case HTC was shamelessly copied after the Evo.....sounds silly, doesnt it?
45. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Would really prefer that fingerprint scanner on the front, make it a super easy and quick way to authenticate payments over nfc, and it would look better. It's not like the bezel on this thing will be too small, knowing HTC -_-
52. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Aren't you guys rooting for Anrdoid? Then you should welcome a fingerprint scanner.
Plus you know as soon as Apple makes it a success every phone is gonna have one.
56. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I can see that becoming a pain in the ar$e after about 10 minutes.
57. xchatter (Posts: 12; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
This doesn't look like fingerprint sensor to me. More like irDA.