HTC 1 is one we'd like to see
1. NOVAinc (Posts: 99; Member since: 24 Jun 2010)
Pretty cool concept! Tough I don't think we can imagine/predict what the phone (if still called phone) will look like into 10 years!
19. cellgeek82 (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
They'll be called pocket computers, and in fine print it'll say *Also makes phone calls* Even nowadays people would rather type to each other than talk.
2. wade1968 (Posts: 224; Member since: 12 Apr 2010)
I see all these new cell phones coming out. I am just waiting for the giant cell service blackouts to come. At&t is having the most blackouts now on their old system.
20. cellgeek82 (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
That's AT&T's fault. They should've seen how the popularity of the iPhone was going to effect their network traffic and then make considerable upgrades. Verizon at least puts effort in their network, that's why you don't hear of Androids clogging up their network. Also, LTE is on the horizon and unless I researched wrong LTE is capable of handling alot more cellular traffic, even more than CDMA. AT&T's problem is they use GSM which can't handle as much traffic as CDMA or LTE.
3. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it looks like any touchscreen phone out now.. exept silver and minus the bezels on the side..
4. fishpower187 (Posts: 88; Member since: 22 Feb 2010)
+1 @ remix. It does look like any old touchscreen out right now, but wait for it...wait for it...its SILVER! How revolutionary! Anyone see Futurama last thursday on Comedy Central? Maybe a real "eye-phone' will come out and "re-imagine the cell phone as we know it". Hacks.
6. STC (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Jul 2010)
umm.. not to be a dick, but this phone doesn't resemble any phone i've seen lately.. show me a phone that has a silver top and bottom and round lighting that makes it look symmetric when u hold it horizontally. or a phone with such finish? i mean.. u already said it yourself.. silver minus the bezels on the side?? HOW DIFFERENT can a phone be, while trying to be minimalistic? i'm sorry, i just hate how everyone says oh this looks like another iPhone, oh this looks like every other phone... No.. to me, this phone does not look like other phones
13. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Remember the Nokia Morph project? That phone was cool and different. Thats a phone I've never forgotten and wish would come to light. http://www.nokia.com/about-nokia/research/demos/the-morph-concept
15. testman22 (Posts: 336; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
this phone looks great, definitely better than anything out there. If you don't think so you should probably hit the link and read up on the design
16. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
It simply looks like a hTC Legend without the tilted bottom... imo
7. lxmndza (Posts: 23; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
Wow...iPhone 1st Gen Knock Off!!! plus front facing cam, lol.
8. locoboy808 (Posts: 53; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
now that a phone i hope verizon gets its about time they made a new look hehehe
9. ilia1986 (unregistered)
They better get flash (camera flash) on this thing. Otherwise it's beautiful. Looks a bit like WM 6.1 there at times - but it's android so it's all good. Could this be really what the N1 was supposed to be? An elegant flagship device with a completely new version of Android?
10. vinsterdamus (Posts: 58; Member since: 20 Feb 2010)
oh man every time a new model with a touch screen concept or not gets it's time to shine there is someone that will compare it with a iphone. saying it's a iphone clone, really? does this look like a iphone? just because it has a touchscreen + one hardware button/track-pad. Sorry people it gets a bit lame now.
11. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
HTC should build it and sell it in USA now I cannot wait to see it in store with Android.
12. surethom (Posts: 144; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Duel Led or Xenon Flash or fail. Other wise a very nice phone
14. twashington4 (Posts: 81; Member since: 24 May 2010)
The phone will now be called..."The Comms device"
17. Cookie Monster (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Jul 2010)
I don't think simplicity is the right move for HTC. This is what NOKIA should have come out with with. Something more complex with an HTC-unique design would have been more appropriate. Hmmm HTC 1? Is that the best name they could think of? What would you call it? What camera does it have? It looks abit like a TV...
18. jrcrow79 (Posts: 477; Member since: 02 May 2008)
Lol..att's "old" system can't be that if it's always expanding...geez:..I'm still waiting for vzw+ LTE to showup final