Foxconn HR says new iPhone to launch in October
2. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ill be checkin out Windows 8 tablets from my SGS3 in october.
Apple better bring some heat with the i5 and seriously change things up or they are going to start to be in some real trouble, especially if the ipad3 sales are a future indicator.
27. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
iPad 3 sold a record 3 million in one weekend. It's sales are great no matter how much you wish it to not be so.
29. tuminatr (Posts: 701; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
yea and here is the story of a guy who sold 1.5 million pet rocks. Just because it sell alot does not make it a good product. I am not directly ripping on apples products hell I own a IPhone, just that they are very overhyped
ps my personal phone is the motorola Photon and i prefer it to the Iphone just more useable with 4g and the browser is much better on the droid
34. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
sales are not a direct correlation to quality. are we always going to have the same arguements over and over, troll?
37. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
True that's only part of the equation. You have to consider price point. Android gets market share by selling cheap junk. Customer satisfaction where Apple leads by a mile. How likely a customer is to switch? Again iPhone customers are least likely to change OS.
iPhone leads in every single way you look at it. All the data points to the fact it's the best phone on the market overall.
3. -box- (Posts: 3915; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Wow, apple's falling behind so fast.... Even WP7, the newest OS, has LTE offerings, and only AT&T's iphone gets 4G (HSPA+, and maximum 14.4 Mbps, just faster than 3G) whereas the other carriers only get their much slower 3G speeds... Unless this new phone comes with a significant OS update/refresh and a much better body (with the requisite larger screen) I see apple continuing to lose market share. Few will want new 2 year contracts for a device not using technology newer than early 2011...
4. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
The galaxy s3 Will have a firm strangle hold of the market by then so apple could be slipping up. That saying every ifan is going to buy it even if it ends up being nothing more than an iphone 4$$ as its a new apple product.
5. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
honestly, i think in the next 12 months apple will lose their last major fanboy arguing point. sales leader. I think the SGS3 or some unnamed mega device is going to beat apple in sales. Android already has more than double the worldwide market, so its not exactly out of the realm of possibilities.
Anyone wanna bet me? :)
6. Archan_Pe (Posts: 74; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
LOL saving some money for the padfone.. .. but my ifan siblings and mother might buy it -_-
10. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
O nooooo dont!!......
Take control. Chill...
14. Archan_Pe (Posts: 74; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Yah I will xD... not planning to buy it... lol all my siblings, there wifes and boyfriends... my mom and dad use the iphone.. im the only one using the N9 xD... the outcast of the family lol
7. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
WTF is up with Apple! I don't know if I'm the only one who notice but everytime MS has some major release date set, Apple crashes the party. First the iPad 2 and now the iphag, oops phone! Do I smell fear?
24. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
I don't smell fear, I smell immaturity. Reported your comment.
25. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
It feels good to vent about BS like Apple is doing, which is immature. I should vent about foxconn too! s**t Apple has enough money to bail the US government out of debt yet their employees get treated like s**t. Dumbazz like you support bullcrap. You don't see JoBs and his Apple cohorts give money to charity or anything like bill gates. Talking bout it makes me mad even more!
26. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
I'm not talking about your venting, I'm talking about your little "iphag" comments I've seen a few times, THAT is immature.
9. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Does anyone know if the "New" iPhone will have LTE; iMean iWiFi; iMean 3.5 G; iMean HSPA+; iMean 2G (in fine print); iDon't know what iMean....
iGuess we'll have to wait for the fine print.
17. frydaexiii (Posts: 1241; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol, the 4S apparently already has 4G, or at least that's what the status bar says since Apple replaced the 3G with 4G.
20. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
It's just an iLlusiOn on that status bar; like when it says that there's actual network coverage. 'It's just an iLlusiOn' .... (you are getting sleepy, very sleepy, you will buy the next iDud no matter what, you will name your first born Steve Jobs, if it's a girl you will name her Stevolia Givens Jobs, you are getting sleepy, sleepy, sle......)
11. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
Shouldn't FOXCONN HR be worried about employee safety, compensation, morale etc. and not leaking launch information from their biggest client?
16. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
They don't give a dam perhap's....
but smart thinking!
12. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
The next iPhone may or may not be a revolutionary device. But I will bet everything I own that it will still dominate.
I've heard the haters on these forms plug one Android model after the next claiming that when it gets released it will the best thing since toilet paper..... It won’t.. .it will never sell better than the iPhone regardless of spec. The average person can care less about specs. It’s all about popularity and design. Apple's Marketing team is a genius at selling their products. Android fans can argue specs all they want.
After WP8 comes out Android will eventually become a thing of the past. I say this because developers are already tired of creating apps for this OS. In my opinion WP8 will never gain the popularity of the iOS with the iPhone resulting is Apple remaining the top smartphone and tablet producer.
18. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Dave I think you'r mind body and soul
is in the REMINISENT......
22. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"It’s all about popularity and design. Apple's Marketing team is a genius at selling their products." - Exactly, but that doesn't make iPhone a really good device...
"Apple's Marketing team is a genius at selling their products." - And they prove how weak the human mind can be talking about their clients...
28. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You're a troll. If the iPhone wasn't a great phone it would not sell so well and would not have record high customer satisfaction ratings.
32. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
That's because they buy a brand, not a device.
33. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Once you buy it you still have to use the phone. If people didn't like it they wouldn't keep buying it.
35. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
by that Android is 2x the quality of iOS since it has 2x the marketshare and GROWING its lead on iOS.
Android is selling well no matter how much u want to think its not.
bad troll... sit troll... stay troll.
36. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Name one Android phone that does better then the iPhone... Stop lumping 100 phones together as if they are only one.
13. frydaexiii (Posts: 1241; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol, Windows 8 and the SGS3 will totally bury this crap. But who cares? Apple can always count on the iShe...fans to bring false hype again, no matter how disappointing the new iPhone will be.
15. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
iMean it will idefeinetly....
if it idosn't it will be a ibig
21. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
At October I will be sitting around with my Vaio Windows 8 tablet and Xperia Z.
23. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
i agree with most of these comments. iturd has peaked and with no jobby jobs leading the charge, the new ceo is only about dollar signs and whoring out the brand. sammy is on a roll with galaxy note and with gs3, ceramic body, hd screen there is no telling how hot this will be...and if ..i am so excited, and if a quad core lte exynos prosessor...WOW! that is all i can say for the phone and sales #'s~!
30. BattleBrat (Posts: 1199; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
OH YEAH, Black Ceramic, Antireflective screen protector that I will install will make the screen dark as night, oh yes, the GSIII will be a sexy stealth beast, oh wait, this is an apple article? Well, I might pick up an iPhone, if the iPod Touch doesn't have the latest processor, I'm TIRED of us iTouch users getting the short end of the stick.