Cycloramic takes a 360-degree video shot with your iPhone 5 automatically
Cycloramic allows you to take a 360-degree video shot without the need for any tools, or a tripod, or anything, just a smooth surface to stand an iPhone 5 on. The app makes use of the iPhone 5 vibrating motor to literally rotate the device while it makes a video recording. The only requirement is that the surface must be really hard and smooth, like a granite counter-top or glass. A dining room table seems to work okay, but perhaps the device does not spin quickly enough.
The app was released just before Christmas and since it is at version 1.0, there is room for growth. Right now the app only shoots video and the rotate feature works only with the iPhone 5. The app will shoot one, tow or three complete turns of video (360-degrees, 720-degrees or 1,080-degrees). The developer, Egos Ventures, will be updating the app to enable use of the panoramic photo feature, as well as bring “auto-rotate” compatibility to the iPhone 4/4S.
This app would come in pretty handy to have it take a shot of the whole family while it is seated at the dinner table for a holiday feast or something. Cycloramic is $0.99 on iTunes.
4. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
no.....just partially working and stolen from default free and great!! feature of Android (buy Nexus):
5. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
you say great and free that makes that app not interesting ?
7. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
no, because this is inferior in compare to Android default feature :)
15. Cycloramic (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Manually taken panoramic photos are not anything new to either Android or the iPhone. What we have created is a way for *hands-free panoramic videos, and have the *hands-free panoramic photos on the way as well.
3. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
poor iphone users have to pay!! we android users have it free
19. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
no, Google provides everything for free....and will forever....only dumb users are willing to pay for common things (iNferior users) :)
6. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
What about the vibrating sound while taking a video. How high is the noise will be?
12. Cycloramic (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Currently there is no recorded sound (due to the issue you mentioned).
9. syedzain (Posts: 174; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Excellent app.. have used on my iphone 5... very useful...
13. Cycloramic (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Thank you! Hope you will join us and share a video on our YouTube channel or Facebook[dotcom]/Cycloramic
10. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
it's not useful at all why isn't used on pictures
14. Cycloramic (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Panoramic pictures will be coming on the next update!
11. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Um yea this will be great untill the first time the vibration causes the iphone to fall the 4 inches onto that really hard surface and shatter. I can see people trying to sue this company now saying there app cause the iphone to break.
17. motty (Posts: 84; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
I can turn Around and take the same video lols.