British rapper knocks BlackBerry with "BB is Dead"
The hook of the song is "BB is dead, gonna get the iPhone instead". And that pretty much describes the thrust of the song. GT Solo takes particular aim at BlackBerry's GPS, saying that you'll get lost when using it. He also makes fun of the browser, camera, and app selection.
The good news for RIM is that "BB is Dead" will never become a hit. RIM recently admitted that their product line is aging, and there will be a product revolution of sorts, but this kind of 'press' can't help.
source: JaykePRO (YouTube) via BlackBerryOS
1. snowgator posted on 18 May 2011, 00:37 4 1
And Blackberry fans can only shake their heads, slowly, in disbelief .....
15. AndroidTroll posted on 18 May 2011, 08:51 8 2
This song would be better if it was "iPhone is dead, go get Android instead!"
2. mikeypopps posted on 18 May 2011, 00:54 0 0
I sleep well assuming Kanye West - Monster is all about Android. "Aaaaaaaaaaaaah I'm a mother f*ck!n monster."
3. cheetah2k posted on 18 May 2011, 01:03 0 4
GT Solo should continue to beat his meat Solo.
What a looser.
7. paulyyd posted on 18 May 2011, 02:26 2 0
lololol i know right?
ooo man GT Solo made a song about dissing blackberry!... yea who cares
21. AndroidTroll posted on 19 May 2011, 08:55 2 0
I always get a kick out of people who don't know the difference between the spelling of the words looser and loser lolololol
4. Dell Streakoman (unregistered) posted on 18 May 2011, 01:09 5 1
My guess is Apple hired one of the marketing companies that do those negative adds for those politicians and they are going around doing whatever they can to disscredit RIM...they are in a weekend state at the moment and companies like Apple are jumping all over it....oh and let's not forget Phonearena...Apple pays them as well...how else can every other phone and tablet not measure up to the iphone and ipad....lol...When I first started reading the comments on this site I noticed a lot of people saying that this site was full of Apple fanboy writers however as time goes on I am starting to see their point of vue...not cool PA...not cool....Many people read these reviews and a lot of them are only newbies and they expect to come here and get a non bias opinion...How can you call yourselves journalists? Maybe you should all move to North Korea....or any other Communist country...you would fit right in...Anyways...I feel bad for RIM...all this negative press is just uncalled for..
5. Whateverman posted on 18 May 2011, 01:20 2 1
*Picturing Steve Jobs doing some break dancing to this song* Jay Z or not, this still isn't good for RIM.
6. luis_lopez_351 posted on 18 May 2011, 01:30 1 2
I wonder how british accent rappers sound like??? and what they rap about since their life is all tea and degrading other countries.
19. truth23 (unregistered) posted on 18 May 2011, 16:30 1 1
LOL are u stupid? Tea and degrading other countrys.. DO ur research crime rates higher in South LOndon than in some of the worst parts of usa, do ur research pussy boy
20. luis_lopez_351 posted on 18 May 2011, 18:12 1 1
Awww your taking pride in your Dump??? Correction* Wrong its not south London. Currently its Egypt. And after they settle down its still other countries that are in civil wars, drug cartels, ect.
24. tkaninastablo posted on 21 May 2011, 14:09 0 0
He was comparing S. London to some of the worst parts around the United Staes, not S. London to every town on the planet. I understand why you'd think they're all about Tea and talking about other countries, but obviously that's a VERY general statement. :P
8. paulyyd posted on 18 May 2011, 02:28 3 0
just listen to like 15 seconds of it.. yea this guy should be ashamed, he must of been on something else when he decided this was a "banger" hahah
9. rapisdead (unregistered) posted on 18 May 2011, 03:14 1 0
what has the rap music come to...
11. protozeloz posted on 18 May 2011, 07:19 1 0
anyone believe they can sing these days.... Rap Died when I was 5 R.I.P.
10. cheetah2k posted on 18 May 2011, 06:51 2 2
I think the Video clip has racial conatations
I mean a bunch of Black rapping faggs wearing white boy masks? WTF?
12. Jeepinainteasy (unregistered) posted on 18 May 2011, 08:41 0 0
Hay, that's not a BB, it's an Lg on fire.
13. Rawrzellers posted on 18 May 2011, 08:42 1 0
OMG this just made me laugh waaaaaaaay to hard. This is not rap. This is pop.
14. AndroidTroll posted on 18 May 2011, 08:50 1 0
LMAO you link to Coolio?!? One hit wonder...lololol good song tho :)
17. XxVerbalxX (unregistered) posted on 18 May 2011, 10:39 1 0
coolio had 2 hits. gansta paradise and fantastic voyage (fantastic ride?)
22. Melissa93 (unregistered) posted on 19 May 2011, 15:39 0 0
TOO ALL YA HATERS ON ER YHH RITEE THIS SONG IS SICKK RITEE U NEED TO GET A LIFE.. THIS SONG IS GOIN TO BE BIG ND HOW U CAN CALL IT A RACIAL SONG WELL U NEED TO LOOK UP THE WORD IF U THINK THIS VIDEO IS RACIAL HAHA SUM PEOPLE DO MAKE ME LOOL
23. Jada2456 (unregistered) posted on 19 May 2011, 18:00 0 0
♥ this song its sooooooooooo funny especially when he burns the CD!
Like who owns a blackberry these days? Geriatrics?! Think the OAPs are getting sensitive as they're the only people who still think the Blackberry is a "cool" phone LOL...out with the old in with the new! #BBisDead
25. GOWLESS (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 12:17 0 0
Seriously? I work at a phone store and I can't even get THIS into phones. Ya'll need to get a real hobby. And GT Solo is a lyrical wordsmith approaching the genius of John Lennon and Jim Morrison. He is a weaver of dreams at the loom of the mind, who constantly makes vocal oragami. I will name my kids after him, all of them. Just to spite all of you.