BoomSound on the HTC One is really fat (video)
1. feres13 (Posts: 295; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Since the top speaker is also an earpiece, imagine answering a phone call without knowing that the speaker is ON!
Just kidding, this is really awesome, how many times did you have to bring your phone close to your ear because you're in a really loud place.
THIS, IS AWESOME.
Phone manufacturers should care more anout this kind of things like speakers, camera, instead of making huge displays with 8 core processors.
3. tiara6918 (Posts: 1199; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Yes,other phone manufacturers should also improve the sound quality on their phones. I always have to place my hand on the speaker so that I can hear the sound but it's great to hear that HTC has already improved the quality with boom sound
9. rizevnarastek (Posts: 307; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Whatever you wanted to know about the HTC One.
This is a great promo video. It's about the device and tells you all about the main features. It is almost exactly how the official promo should look like. Different theme and ambiance with real live footage. Great!
11. rizevnarastek (Posts: 307; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
An example of boomsound...http://youtu.be/X0bTm5B6Hok
19. rizevnarastek (Posts: 307; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Another example of boomsound...http://youtu.be/kz1ep0Z8Atk
20. user996 (Posts: 146; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
yeah awesome sound ooh yes. oops battery's dead! lol speakers big as this need energy to work it isn't portable speaker so it will empty the battery with normal usage and background playback after about 6 hours
4. darkskoliro (Posts: 834; Member since: 07 May 2012)
8 core is gimmick mate. If its only utilizing 4 cores every time, then make the same 4 power saving as well!!
12. jaytai0106 (Posts: 629; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
You can't really say it's a gimmick. They are just future proof the phone. The same way they put 2GB of ram in SGS3 and at the time, ICS 4.0 doesn't require that much ram. 8 cores won't push its limit until the later on version of OS.
36. mail2eswar (Posts: 7; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
It is a gimmick mate. Because it is not a real Oct core. It has two quad cores and at a time only one quad core works. So, its just like any other quad core in terms of performance.
40. Taters (Posts: 2094; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Um no, read my reply. It is not just any other quad. Just like the Exynos 5 dual isn't just like any other dual core.
39. Taters (Posts: 2094; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
You need 8 cores to even make an A15 chip set run on phones. Samsung giving us true A15 power is definitely not a gimmick.
I would rather have a true A15 quad rather than Nvidias approach with the Tegra 4i which is a gutted A15 that is no different from the fake A15 cores approach used by Qualcomm and Apple.
The tegra 4 is a beast but it is starting to look like that is reserved for tablets and higher while the gimped Tegra 4i will be for phones.
Using brute force and building a solid foundation is hardly a gimmick compared to other approaches that cut corners to try and achieve A15 performance in a cell phone.
48. true1984 (Posts: 243; Member since: 23 May 2012)
samsung's 8 core processor isnt a true 8 core. it's a quad-core A15 and a quad-core A7.it also sounds like you didnt do any research on at all and you barely even know what you're talking about as far as the Exynos Octa
5. asianface (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Speakers, camera, AND BATTERY Life :D I have to say general public have no idea what a 8 core processors really is for, but only geeks like us do :P Let's be honest, general public want a good phone with good price and good bonus, but not what's inside of a phone. Bc you can show for how great of the pictures your camera takes instead of how fast you can opening up a game like angry bird XD (However, I do care about how fast I can switch from app to app flawlessly.)
13. user996 (Posts: 146; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
and buying Lumia 920 u get great camera and great speakers
43. lsutigers (Posts: 611; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Absolutely awesome. I haven't heard a speaker this good since my old Nextel Motorola work phone. I always asked myself why manufacturers never put better speakers in their phones...clearly, it's possible.
2. asianface (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Took all the companies a while to figure that out. Bc i just love how not to hear my phone while using it as GPS while driving XD
6. dexter_jdr (Posts: 887; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
nice that htc did something good for once... real dual speakers are rare this days..
21. clark (Posts: 51; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
I agree on you at least they have their very first innovation to be proud of (and that is dual speaker and the so called ultra pixel) I guess thats just two haha welcome HTC in the innovation world LOL
46. dexter_jdr (Posts: 887; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
nokia 5800 xpressmusic phone has dual stereo speakers. year 2008
7. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4651; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Imagine listening dubstep with this phone, that would be awesome. HTC is AWESOME.
8. dexter_jdr (Posts: 887; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
im still waiting for audio capture by htc one. (along with video capture of course)
27. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I'm just saying...cus speakers drain my battery...
14. PushpaLal (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
i really wana own this phone. bestest phone ever made!..love it!..but m bit skeptical about its camera...since Ultra pixel is a new kind in the market. Hope camera won't disappoint me!.
18. clark (Posts: 51; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
wow I read a new word "BESTEST" nice grammar. Look like you learned a lot. on school lol
22. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4651; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
lol hahahaha...... the word "bestest" cracked me up. xD
23. clark (Posts: 51; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
yeah me too, it just kicks my ass, that bestest Lol
47. dexter_jdr (Posts: 887; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
tough luck kid!!!! you are now disappointed.
15. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1207; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Now , if this had a tripod , it will make it a good microphone for podcasts
17. therealestmc (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
This is the best phone on the market right. power hardware and beautiful design. I might get that phone for the wife. I love my note 2, but this looks nice. I dont know what to do.
25. BattleBrat (Posts: 883; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
This would be great when it in in the car dock giving GPS directions.
28. simplyj (Posts: 403; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Holy s**t. This will be my next Android phone
29. anjel1708 (Posts: 26; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
This is going to be a nice phone. I do use my speakers a bunch. As a result, I am pretty much sold on this phone. The picture samples look good for a camera on a phone and they are only 4 megapixles. Who really needs a 16 megapixel picture of anything stored on their phone. That will use a lot of memory. I think HTC has a great job.
30. moe53 (Posts: 8; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
overall the phone is perfect, but a little bit disappointing on the camera level, its great but not wow. i would definitely buy the htc one, yet its better to wait for sg4 for comaprison
32. moolotovzz (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
I can imagine a guy in his sport suit, playing russian music out loud with this phone in public transport...
34. aco96 (Posts: 167; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
This would be a perfect replacement for my Nokia X7. I hate phones with weak speaker and poor sound quality like my mom's Optimus 2X and my friend's Galaxy S II. My X7 kicks their asses when it comes to music ;)
35. ImQ009 (Posts: 23; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
Honestly? I'd rather want know something about the DAC it has. Because that's what makes a phone good for music - a decent sound unit - not loud speakers...
So.... So far I wouldn't expect any revolution unless they pack something actually good instead of that Beats Audio thingy which is just an equalizer.
41. Taters (Posts: 2094; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It will use whatever DAC is in the Qualcomm 600 I believe. So nothing special.
37. Cannabis (Posts: 22; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
No doubt this is going to support HD voice on T-MO
45. Urgency (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
Oh.. pity on you too.. you get a removable battery in exchange of getting a plastic body.. lol..
42. tha.fox (Posts: 100; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
Just thought id say I ported sense 5 to my dna today And its very fast. The dialer contacts the gallery is instant. Pulls up 500 plus pictures/videos instantly. You can make it very slim and basic. Its my favorite rom Ive ever had and its Beta #1 haha. HTC is doing it big i wish my DNA could get those Speakers!! lol
44. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5468; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Bass Beats OVER RATED and u should at least PLAY "KUSH" by Dr. Dre too FEEL THE BASS