Bloomberg: Galaxy S 4 to have Snapdragon in the US, Exynos 5 Octa elsewhere, but eye-scrolling won't make it
1. schinnak (Posts: 77; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
whatever samsung. We trust you with the hardware and rich features on touch wiz.
but please dont fall into the iphone syndrome and give us the same design over and over again as per the leaks we have been seeing lately.
4. louiemapa (Posts: 28; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)
yeah the design of S4 is just the same with the S3, same with iphone,
ip4=ip4s=ip5 in design.. boooring!
6. nicholassss (Posts: 344; Member since: 10 May 2012)
everything ive seen so far seems like a smaller note 2 than a bigger s3.
I know its not that much better haha, but... there could still be a bigger change in the look. namely they could ditch the physical home button already.
14. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1207; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
inspired by S3 , designed for humans (again)
30. terry_wil (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
the design is similar but not the same iphone design is the exact same from phone to phone
49. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Have you put an iPhone 4S and a 5 side-by-side? Your optometrist called, and he needs to see you soon.
10. andro. (Posts: 1926; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I sincerely doubt it will look the exact same as the s3. Samsung is not stupid they know android users have too much awareness to buy the same phone over and over again like ifans and they know android users have a vast sea of choice with top handsets from various manufacturers withing the android system who users could change to if not happy.
Let's not forget the multiple "leaks" last year of almost s2 design replicas featuring s3 internals. Everybody was saying Samsung has done an apple an kept the same design. Samsung is not like apple,its not 100% predictable,expect an refreshed design
21. _Bone_ (Posts: 1988; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Personally I still think it will change to a more solid, less rounded look, but the Samsung teased image is in line with the Chiniese leak, and frankly, it's not that bad. Less bezels and more screen gives overall a more futuristic look if you like, while the rounded corners (too rounded for me) make it comfortable to hold Gorilla Glass on front, metal on the side, replacable plastic on the back, not terrible..
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 8877; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Who are you trying to convince? Us or yourself?
24. _Bone_ (Posts: 1988; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Considering that more ppl. bought a Samsung plastic last year than any other material Android last year, it's those crying for glass and aluminum are the ones trying to convince the majority who don't mind.
32. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Your rationalization and attempted elevation of "Android users" is not only counterfactual, it's ludicrous. Of course the "iFans" are the only people dumb enough to buy the same design two years in a row, something that Android fans would NEVER do.
Quick question: How often does Ford change the Mustang, Bugatti the Veyron, Rolex their watches, and Samsung their televisions? Would you KNOW one of those if you saw it this year, even only having seen previous years? of course you would. Change for the sake of change destroys brand image. Samsung keeps radically changing the Galaxy S because they have not landed on a design that has been described all around as pleasing or iconic. They could care less what a few commenters on a website say.
34. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well said +1
Samsung have no design what makes them excel is there features the specs, which you see when they advertise its all about high end specs, look at Nokia they advertise on midrange a year old specs, via known as for there cameras: connecting people, iPhone is a show, flash being cool and trendy and about apps, BB is about enterprise.™
20. AnTuTu (Posts: 596; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Fingers crossed and I hope it will not.
Some sources even said that the leaked video and images of S4 are fake. That could be just a S3 like dummy made in China to get hypes just before the original release.
45. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
It could fail big time and samsung fans will swear on eveything its the best device around
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Dear Samsung fans who anticipated and expected too much from the S4. You're going to get disappointed very soon!!
You drool about what's going to be along with the new Galaxy but you don't think about what might not be.
Phew...there, i said it. Been wanting to get it off my back for so long!
13. maccess (Posts: 447; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
i don't care.. specially since you're a nokia fan..
17. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
So you don't care if what i said is true because i'm a fan of Nokia?
Yes, i'm a fan of Nokia...but i have my limits of being a fan. I just don't expect blindly...and i love whatever is good in technology, not just Nokia.
31. maccess (Posts: 447; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
so you mean the s4 will surely a 100% disappointment?? because of what?? just because it doesn't has eye scrolling feature?? or because it stiil made from "cheap" plastic?? or because its 13mp camera still cant beat your 808 pureview?? waiting for same old reasons that nokia fans always brag about ( built quality & camera off course ).. lol..
39. SleepingOz (Posts: 2357; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
LMAO, they have nothing except a solid brick with a good(not-so on the L920) camera. That's all!
41. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Which is better than most of Android devices...
42. SleepingOz (Posts: 2357; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
*than most low-end Android devices.
That's nothing to brag about imho.. =]
44. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Okay, since you brought it up. Which mid-ranger are you talking about? And which high end slapped the Nokia duo down??
46. ahhxd717 (Posts: 297; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Shut up. You've never used a L920 camera. It might not be the BEST but it's better than most smartphone cameras out there. Just please be quiet. How old are you? 15?
40. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Dude! Why are you chasing your own tail?
I never said fail, let alone 100% fail...and i never compared any Nokia phone to any Samsung device ever...except for the photo comparisons with given images! You're so wrong in trying to figure me.
16. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Nothing can be more disappointing than if somebody only managed to sell 2 million devices in 90 days in an overpopulated country and most importantly ended up throwing a party calling that a success.
18. tech2 (Posts: 1108; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Haters gonna hate ! Logical explanation is something you'll probably not understand but lets see......
Samsung brought some very exceptional features to S3 last year with its S Beam and Smart Stay. Thats probably what people liked and made the phone highest seller on android platform. This year again from hardware point of view they'll promising to deliver power saving Octa core and Pholed display. Also, video pausing and several nifty features on software front.
Everyone like new and innovative features. As an android fan I am just anticipating some cool features it'll bring this year. What makes you conclusively say that 'You're going to get disappointed'.
Instead of lashing out on me just read your comment and you'll realize how idiotic you sound !
27. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yo, i don't hate Samsung...just the hard core fans.
Why didn't you say "green pholed" instead?
That was yesterday's prediction.
Agreed that SIII brought some new features, that's why you expect more this time round. If i'm wrong, good for you...if you're right, still good for you. I'm not worried.
7. nicholassss (Posts: 344; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I'm waiting on the note 3 and the X phone for the upgrades on my lines, hah.
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1197; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Using different chipsets again depending on the country or region...can't the us carriers just allow to use just one processor or is it because they can't make one yet that would be compatible?
9. nikenturd (unregistered)
Poor US customers, they always get the inferior chip lol
19. _Bone_ (Posts: 1988; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
IF SD600 and Adreno 320 overclocked is inferior to the Octa/VX544. And that's a big if.
12. nikenturd (unregistered)
Hey Note 2 owners, would you sell / trade your toy for the S4? or just wait for the Note 3 and see how it plays out?
35. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Wait for the Galaxy Note 3. It will have everything the Galaxy S4 won't have you can bank on that. The Exynos 5 Octa will be inside the Galaxy Note 3 forsure.
15. Equilibrium (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
The recent rise of blind trolls/fanboys on here is disappointing.
In my eyes I would never want a company to fail, I would "simply want the others to step their game up.
The decision this year is this
- More durable, less "premium", plastic/poly-carbonate and removable battery
- Less durable, more "premium", glass/aluminium and no removable battery
Hopefully this is the last time that we see two separate version of the Galaxy series, I'm all for world phones!!!
25. Tux_Alan (Posts: 74; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
If the SD600 is what is coming to the US (and Canada) this might prove a bigger hassle than last year on the s3... to hell with power efficiency, I always buy two extra batteries anyway (A phone has yet to last me an entire day)
26. FoneAddict (Posts: 158; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Samsung are stagnating design wise, they really need to up their game like Sony and HTC.
43. SleepingOz (Posts: 2357; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Sorry but sony also is "stagnating design wise", so does nokia and apple.
But I agree they should really up the aesthetic of their products.
28. amiroo (Posts: 243; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
one have a best camera ..
check it :
33. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 944; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I sense dissappoinment coming around the corner: Android fanboy's are cocky mf's, and think the S4 is god coming down from the heavens. We'll see about that real soon, but if it don't live up to expectations, we'll be visiting here to rub some salt in those wounds ;o)
36. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea 10 vs 2 surely you're welcome to TROLL™
37. tedkord (Posts: 3776; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The difference is that Android fans can be disappointed, whereas Apple or WP fans will continued to insist that their phone is God from the heavens.
38. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4640; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No eye scrolling? Samsung.....Samsung....Samsung, you are making us disappointed. :(