Best Buy to launch Samsung GALAXY Nexus on December 11th?
the latest speculation points to December 8th, which is the same date that the Motorola DROID 4 is supposed to be released. But with launch dates for the SCH-i515 all over the place, we wouldn't bet our lives on being able to walk into a Verizon store and pick up the phone on December 8th.
On the other hand, if the Best Buy screenshot is legit, we have at least some idea when the Samsung GALAXY Nexus will be available. Some of the specs on the screenshot, like the weight and the size of the phone, don't match up with the official numbers that Google had on its web site. Assuming for a moment that the screenshot is for real, you can pencil in December 11th as the date when you can go in to your local Best Buy and hound them about the phone, telling them that you know they have it in the back room. Either they will sell you a unit just to get rid of you, or they will call security and have you removed from the store.
1. testman22 (Posts: 337; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
I DONT CARE ABOUT THESE LEAKS ANYMORE! Everyone has all this pent up anger at verizon and samsung for the "delay" but its the media that creates the frenzy. When verizon makes an official announcement then theres your answer. Speculating release dates is pointless because they do not know until the last minute
2. McLTE (Posts: 699; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Can the name of the website be changed to Phonerumor.com?
3. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 257; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
whats the moto droid 4? and who cares... i wish i could get the nexus but i got a phone last march. ill wait and get the next big one after this. even tho this phone is gonna be beast
4. Synack (Posts: 666; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I wonder if this phone will still even be worth it when it releases.
7. McLTE (Posts: 699; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Of course it will.. we know it's coming soon.. I, and I'm obviously not alone here.. am getting VERY tired of baseless, unconfirmed rumors speculating at just about EVERY day as the release date!
Seriously.. I could grab any old screenshot of the verizon system, photoshop in some dates and it's get posted here.
"what we have here guys is a release date! Yes.. the image is a little strange looking and probably PS'd, and the specs for the phone don't match what Google released.. but we'll go ahead and spin it anyway! Mark it on your calendar!"
6. terabyteRouser (Posts: 420; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Great! Another rumored release date. Give me a break!
12. roldefol (Posts: 2866; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Meanwhile we're getting comfortable with our Rezounds...
10. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1587; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
hmm why is the Street Date field empty...
13. newman69 (Posts: 14; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
world best roumor phone ever~!!!
But i'm still want that phone~
14. warlockz (Posts: 156; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
I called it awhile back its going to be released week of December 12th or early 2012. At this point I'm starting to lose interest and if it doesn't come out by first week of 2012 I'm just wait for another ics andorid phone.
15. HTCOE (Posts: 474; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
I hope the same release tactics aren't used in releasing the galaxy nexus s version next year
16. ap1989 (Posts: 144; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
I highly dough they release it in a sunday. it usually a week day release date
17. c.hack (Posts: 514; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
I'm waiting for the quad core phones now. I heard the Razr 2 will be out January 26. That's a Thursday so it must be true.
18. seanjohnusa91 (Posts: 30; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
I heard it was coming out on January 19th. That's a sooner date so let's go with that one!
19. Skyrim (Posts: 36; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I used to care about rumors too.. Then i took an arrow to the knee.
20. kpfirefighter (Posts: 160; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
There is no way in hell that best buy would be the first place to launch this phone! it wouldn't make much sense!
But we can only hope this is true!
21. roscuthiii (Posts: 1801; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
The next time you post one of these, "Galaxy Nexus to launch [insert date here]" articles I'm gonna smash a puppy's head in with a cinder block. Do you want that on your conscience PA?