Another light-hearted video pokes fun at Google's Project Glass
We find the real project pretty inspiring; we don’t really think Google would share your information with the police (as shown in this video, and the whole point of only covering one eye is to allow you to navigate the real world while using Google’s HUD glasses, but that didn’t make us laugh any less at the video below.
Warning, some of the language is NSFW for strict work environments, so exercise caution!
source: tomscott.com via Huffington Post
1. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Oh come on!
Google won't make it terrible, but the concept is odd, so people don't like it.
We don't know if it will be successful (Google has launched many "failures") but there is no need to hate on it like this.
4. Scott_H (Posts: 167; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Just enjoy a laugh and don't read anything serious into it - that's exactly why we stated that we don't buy into this as a serious criticism.
12. trin (Posts: 88; Member since: 11 May 2010)
Cmon man. I'm a huge android fan/user and I found it hilarious.
Some of you guys need to purchase a new brand of panties because you can't quite seem to keep them from bunch'n.
13. mad5870 (Posts: 60; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I agree taco. you may not agree with me i think the concept is a different idea that would be cool to have just to say i have it.
I'm an android lover but the video is funny and made me chuckle a good bit. It's similar to the ones that poke fun at apple.
14. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I thought some of Samsung's commercials were pretty funny.
15. mad5870 (Posts: 60; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Ha i agree those ones were pretty funny also.
3. joseg81 (Posts: 174; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
if it was done by apple ppl would be pre-ordering and forming lines and praising the almighty apple.
5. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Why so obsessed with Apple. Just enjoy the video.
6. joseg81 (Posts: 174; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
not obsessed just saying what evrybdy's thinking n will prolly say once this is released.
17. Penny (Posts: 1446; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I wasn't thinking about Apple at all while watching this. In fact, I thought it was perfectly appropriate for Google, considering how much they care about marketing/advertising.
In the world of marketing, it is all about data and targeted advertising. This commercial is funny, yet has very realistic implications on the value of this product to a marketing company like Google. Seriously, marketing companies sit behind their awesome products that users love, collecting heaps of data while tapping their fingers together and uttering "excellent" like Mr. Burns.
7. christianqwerty (Posts: 464; Member since: 05 May 2011)
This article had nothing to do with apple, yet you bring apple up??
10. joseg81 (Posts: 174; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
lol truth hurts n only doing what apple fanboys do all the time.
9. jogutier (Posts: 324; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
U watch. When apples copies android in a few years or when ever they finaly catch up. Apple fans will call it ground breaking. LOL!
8. pooked (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
Good concept idea, lets see how the execution turns out. End of story!!!
11. jibraihimi (Posts: 714; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Chuck Norris will not let Google to release this gadget....... Because the gadgets patented on chuck norris's name is not for the usage by general public....... :)