Alcatel One Touch Idol now available in the U.S. for $299 contract-free
1. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Alcatel makes some nice looking devices. Their Idol X is a well-specced stock Android monster. They just don't get much attention from the carriers. I have a soft spot for Alcatel-Lucent since they own the old Bell Labs.
2. Rorschach (Posts: 83; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
If it brought LTE it would have been a considerable alternative to the nexus 4 but with these specs, there's no doubt the nexus 4 is still the better off-contract device.
3. hypergreatthing (Posts: 39; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Seriously. Compared to the nexus 4, the only feature it seems to have is a microsd slot.
It has a worse screen, worse battery, worse processor, worse internal space, worse ram, worse camera.
It's on the same networks as the nexus 4 so... unless a micro sd slot is a killer feature, you would be wasting money spending the same $$ amount on this phone than a nexus 4.
4. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 469; Member since: 07 May 2012)
honestly,i don't think nexus should come with any less than 32 GB since they don't support micro sd cards,what's the sense having a high end phone to store apps,movies, pictures if you can't have the space to do so,make a 15 minute 1080p video on a 8 GB nexus and see how much space is left!
7. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
With good compressing you could put like 5 1080p movies on a nexus with 8gb.
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3386; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Compressing takes hell of a time...especially the ones with that resolution.
5. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
You can find far better for $200-$300 that have quad core, 13mp camera, 5mp front, 32gb storage, bigger battery ,1080p 5" screen etc.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10208; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Please find me a 1080p smartphone for $300.
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3386; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Man! I've been so keen on the phone they were using in the movie!!
It looked so cool...now that i know it's Alcatel, it sounds weird.
But that layer of dragontrail(