BlackBerry 8700 / 8700c / 8700g
- No rear camera
- Lacks Wi-Fi
- Slow data means slow Internet browsing (EDGE)
- Lacks microSD slot for storage expansion
- Single-core processor
- Too little RAM memory (8 MB RAM)
- It is so thick it needs a personal fitness trainer (0.77 inches inches)
- Lacks a standard (3.5mm) headphones jack
- Lacks an ambient light sensor for automatic screen brightness adjustment
- No front-facing camera
- Lacks global positioning system (GPS)
- Device type:
- Smart phone
- 4.30 x 2.70 x 0.77 inches (110 x 69 x 19 mm)
the average is 4.8 oz (136 g) 4.70 oz (134 g)
- 4.70 oz (134 g)
- 320 x 240 pixels
Technology - There are two main screen technologies currently used in phones and tablets: LCD and AMOLED. The former usually features a light source and liquid crystals, while the latter is based on organic light-emitting diodes. Newer LCD variations like IPS-LCD and Super-LCD allow for very accurate color reproduction and very wide viewing angles, where no significant image quality loss is observed. Current AMOLED screens differ in such a way that they can exhibit much more saturated colors (sometimes too much) and incredibly high contrast levels, which is due to black color being completely black in AMOLED displays.
- 65 536
Processor - The processor is the main computing component of a phone and is a major factor when it comes to the overall speed of the device. Some more powerful smartphones use dual-core and quad-core processors designed to deliver greater performance.
- Single core, 312 MHz, Intel PXA901
- System memory:
System memory - System memory, or RAM memory is the type of memory that the device uses to temporarily store data from the OS or currently-running apps. The more RAM available to the device, the better the performance will be when multiple or heavier programs are running.
- 8 MB RAM / 64 MB ROM
- Built-in storage:
- 0.064 GB
- Talk time:
the average is 12 h (710 min) 4.00 hours
- 4.00 hours
- Stand-by time:
the average is 20 days (491 h) 16.0 days (384 hours)
- 16.0 days (384 hours)
- HTML Browser
- 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
- Computer sync
- Service lights, Music ringtones (MP3), Vibration, Phone profiles, Speakerphone
- Officially announced:
- 01 Nov 2005
Despite our efforts to provide full and correct BlackBerry 8700 / 8700c / 8700g specifications, there is always a possibility of making a mistake. If you see any wrong or incomplete data, please LET US KNOW.
If you are interested in using our specs commercially, check out our Phone specs database licensing page.