uTorrent Remote Beta app goes live at the Windows Phone Store
µTorrent Remote Beta is part of the latest µTorrent for Windows and Mac. This Windows Phone app securely connects to your home computer from anywhere you have an internet connection. Use µTorrent Remote to add, remove, start, stop torrents and check download progress of all your torrents. Check your RSS feeds and start downloads on the go. Use your mobile browser to find torrents and they will automatically be added to your home µTorrent! Completed downloads can even be shifted directly back to your Windows device for local playback.
2. vddeguzman (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
booohooo! who needs a remote app when you can have the actual torrent app itself on android.
4. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Downloading torrents on a android device? Lucky for you guys your phones have such great battery life you can afford another power sucker lol.
This app will do just fine for me.
p.s. nice to see someone at PA watching the wp universe, even as late as this...
5. vddeguzman (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
My phone has a big battery (3100mah). I can do torrent for 24hrs without charging, so i dont mind doing that power-sucking activity.
6. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
My tablet has a bigger battery (5000mah) and poor battery life (its on ics) so i am rather sceptical. why would you do it even if it used no battery when you have a perfectly good pc at home capable of higher speeds?
7. zazori08 (Posts: 113; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
dude on tablets 5000 mah is not enuf for power hungry apps bec. the screen is big and consumes more battery life
11. vddeguzman (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
Doing torrent over android is convenient and maximizes my unli data plan.. Also,i dont like leaving appliances on when i go to work. Cellphones/tablets are supposed to be always on so it's more practical to use them for torrent.
12. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
well i doubt ill ever get a unlimited data plan over here, but i guess it does make some sense for you, but on the other hand i never turn of my pc so im cool with a remote...
3. an4564 (Posts: 39; Member since: 17 Jul 2012)
wow a remote app. well let me just go and download a file with the utorrent app on my android phone
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It took all these years just to get this on there platform, ™®©
9. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 851; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Better than nothing :) I dont always torrent, but when I do... I do it on my laptop!
10. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yey... download illegally...
and now im pretty sure torrent client will be available on Win8
13. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Well not every country is rich enough to be able to pay for a game, and i dont think they should be left in the dark also. Untill big companies decide to make their games cheaper in second and third world countries most people sadly have no choice but to use torrents. But i guess most americans wouldnt understand, they have their first wourld problems...