iOS 7 concept shows that change is good
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
1. quakan (Posts: 1079; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
At the end when they showed the current iOS vs the concept, the current iOS looked better. The concept over did the flatness.
26. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 2846; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I think the old one looks better and more cleaner.
30. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 807; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I retract all comments I've made about you hating anything non Apple. This proves that you are just a hater.
41. Chaseism (Posts: 54; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Does anyone else think it feels a lot like Windows Phone? I agree that they took the "Flat" design a bit too far. I think Ive meant that he was looking for iOS to not vary so much in look and feel (Find a Friend vs. Game Center vs. iCal). I like it, but if this is what iOS was going to be, I'd rather stick to what it is now...
78. apple4never (Posts: 755; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i guess no one likes me :( or r u all apple fanyboys ?
54. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Exactly. At least WP's flat tiles have animations.
55. AeroPrime (Posts: 142; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Yea i do i owned a 920. LOL i think it's a great copy of meego as well.
59. ReddD (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Totally agree. The logic of these designers astounds me. WP is the worst looking OS but all the designers are slowly heading towards it in their designs! they need to stop and think
68. Airforce (Posts: 61; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
U know weirdly..i am liking this io7 concept..lets hope its the real thing
2. msa1988 (Posts: 407; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
This actually looks incredible. I understand that every feature here is already available on Android devices, but if you mix Android features with Apples name as shown in the video above, very good things will happen. Hopefully this concept will become a reality.
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4598; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...if you mix Android features with Apples name as shown in the video above..."
Apple already doing that, appropriating things that doesn't belong for Apple and then putting Apple name on it.
61. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
Looks like MIUI 5... Its the theme i use on apex launchet
3. feres13 (Posts: 295; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Great concept! This flat iOS 7 really matches the iPhone's beauty...
56. AmitMajumder (Posts: 79; Member since: 21 May 2012)
Ya Dude, the concept is really good...
4. TripleTwo (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 May 2013)
If this beautiful concept turns out to be true, I'm gonna sell my android for the 5S!
38. TripleTwo (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 May 2013)
I praised this concept the way comment #3 did, but the only difference was that I involved selling my android. I guess that's the reason I got so many red thumbs. Lol, you fandroids suck!
6. Aeires (unregistered)
Looks like MIUI.
8. JMartin22 (Posts: 642; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Why is this article hyping something that isn't real and won't look anything like it at all when it's released. Why are the people getting excited over it either?
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4598; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Why people are going to the theater or watching movies and getting excited? It is the same reason.
9. SirHamm (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Good lord imagine the battery life on this thing. Considering Apple barely increases it's battery between phones I'm hard pressed to see anything like this happening. I mean don't get me wrong this looks amazing but to sacrifice the already sub par battery life of the current iPhone this would be bad.
19. moronman66 (Posts: 157; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Just out of curiousity, how would this sacrifice battery life? I don't really see how it would really change that besides the widgets, which don't really take up too terribly much on Android...
27. ecmedic4 (Posts: 152; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Dont see where the battery life on the iPhone 5 is "subpar". I get excellent battery life. I get over a day on a single charge, but everyone does use their phones differently and have different usage patterns. But to say its to say the battery life is subpar is a bit off, its quite comparable to other flagship phones on the market, and it has excellent stand by time. Currently my phone showing Standby 1day 7 hrs, and Usage 4 hrs 1 min and battery 38%. I have screen shots showing Standby 1 day 3 hrs, and Usage 4hrs 14 mins and battery at 26%, one showing Standby 4 hrs 9 mins and Usage 3 mins batt at 100%, and finally Standby 20 hrs 19 mins and Usage 7 hrs 10 mins and batt at 3%, so i dont consider the battery life "subpar".
76. Malique001 (Posts: 58; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The iPhone 5's battery life is very good actually. I own a Verizon variant and I have LTE on most of the time and it doesn't effect the battery life. I get 6-7 hrs w. moderate-heavy use and it only packs a 1440 mah battery. If they were to put in, lets say, a 2000mah battery in the 5S, it should get you about a solid 18hrs w. moderate use.
10. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Great concept! This concept iOS 7 will definitely match the design of the iPhone.
Simple and clean.
Hope it's true.
12. ahhxd717 (Posts: 300; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Looks really nice. Wouldn't sway me from Android but it would finally give iOS a little breath of fresh air
14. A_Steal (Posts: 9; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
While very different it has a bit of touchwiz nature feeling to it. May just be the green background giving me that feeling, but it just has that essence to me.
15. dangchitrung (Posts: 55; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Is it me or is the concept REALLY a crossbreed between WP7 Tiles and Android's Icon Arrangement?
It also has widgets.
16. roscuthiii (Posts: 1716; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Not really sure I like the clean & flat thing... too Fisher Price-y to me.
Then again, I'm not really one to buy into hype, especially hype about UI. At the end of the day it's still icons in a grid and scrolling lists, no matter which OS is used.
20. alltechinside (Posts: 234; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
This concept looks good! It almost feels like a mixture between Android widgets and Window 8 tiles. We probably won't see the concept being like that, but it will be more of a simplistic, flat design.
21. funnyguy (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
I like the look of the current IOS more.
I don't like this Mickey Mouse Concept...
All I want is better sharing options and maybe better multitasking..
Nothing more, nothing less.
What is this Android/ Windows Cartoon Garbage?
At the end of the day it's the quality and quantity of apps that matters and in that department nobody beats IOS.
46. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4598; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Since you are talking about garbages, in your comment I see only bunch of garbage propositions and zero arguments.
60. funnyguy (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
You are the biggest Apple fanboy I have ever seen...
22. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
The little clouds looks kind of like HTC One's...
The UI looks more interesting that's for sure... but lose the physical button please.
Anyways, overall, I think this is a welcomed change for iOS. As for the physical look for the phone... we'll wait for the changes on that.
25. CreeDiddy (Posts: 201; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Looks magnificent!!! The fluid movement and screen transitions are remarkable. Flat design is in!!! Just look at some Web 2.0 websites that resemble this type of design. This is a huge step in the right direction in terms of execution towards iOS7.
29. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 807; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Looks incredibly clean and cool. It's the first time in a VERY long time that I can say I'm honestly impressed with what Apple is doing.
31. nghtwng68 (Posts: 71; Member since: 26 Nov 2009)
I like the new interface changes. much cleaner, enhanced graphics and more engaging overall. Since the first iPhone hit in 2007, this revamp of the iOS interface is more than welcome and overdue.
32. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I like it myself. Even if it looks a little like Android, its a really nice concept.
33. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
In case none of you saw it this guy is using android widgets...look at eye in the sky weather widget for the exact same look as the weather widget in the video....also apple would never do this there too arrogant ...
34. Rexperia (Posts: 98; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
Good job! Can't wait to install it on my 4s.
39. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Well, the old design surely took a lot more effort..just look at the icons.
I mean, get real, people.. everyone can do clean and simple.. it's not a damn rocket science.
I can foresee in a few years when people start to feel really bored with all that bland look(including the UI designers), things will start reverting back to normal, i.e. rich, natural, organic variety.
This is all a short sighted pseudo evolution.
Mark my words
40. PhoneCritic (Posts: 331; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
This is nice but then I like it because it has an ANDROID flavor. If Apple does anything like this then the will be conceding that Google got it right with its Flat theme. I don't think Mr Ives and Cook would want that. It then makes the iPhone resemble every other Android phone out there. My take is that it will be something more that will be deferential for apple.
42. syedzain (Posts: 174; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
the concept looks great.. really waiting for the month of june.
44. darkkjedii (Posts: 9262; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Me too bro, the anticipation is killing me.
43. darkkjedii (Posts: 9262; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Awesome concept! Lets see what the big A comes up with...I think we have a winner on our hands.