Will T-Mobile launch this beast as the Samsung Hercules or as the Galaxy S II?
Will T-Mobile launch this beast as the Samsung Hercules or as the Samsung Galaxy S II?
The Samsung Hercules is equipped with 16GB of internal ROM, 1GB of RAM and microSD memory can be expanded by as much as 32GB. According to a T-Mobile roadmap that we reported on, this monster could launch on September 26th. Whether or not it launches as the Samsung Hercules or the Samsung Galaxy S II is still unclear. As we had told you, the remaining three of the top four carriers in the country are expected to offer the Samsung Galaxy S II as the Verizon Function, the AT&T Attain and the Sprint Within.
1. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2840; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I wonder if it will be as fast and smooth as the sgs2. I wonder if they are going to make this phone for verizon and sprint too. Poor AT&T the infuse doesn't look too great anymore.
7. frankied101 (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Did u read the whole article? It says that itll come out for sprint att and verizon with their name the att version ill be the attain...
9. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
this is not the Galaxy S II friend. this is a different phone.
10. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2840; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I did read the whole article, apparently you didnt.
14. lilly0x (unregistered)
This is not the same phone. GSII has a 4.3" screen and this "hercules" has a 4.5" screen.
2. codymws (Posts: 236; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)
Forget T-Mobile, I want this thing on Verizon! Oh, and don't forget LTE!
3. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
I wishes Samsung make the Hercules shorter form factor on the same screen 4.5" now it is too long more like mini-tablet.
5. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
oh ew. a Qualcomm processor? what happened to the Exynos? is it not passing with the FCC or something?
11. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2840; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Hopefully it won't hinder the device.
6. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
im hoping the exynos is a suprize. it hasnt passed FCC yet, so its still all speculation on the actual processor...
but why do they KEEP CALLING IT AN INFUSE ON STEROIDS?!?! the Infuse is a SINGLE CORE processor, this is a dual core. Call it the SGS2's brother if u want, but the only thing it has in common with the infuse is the slightly larger screen. Everything else screems SGS2.
8. Jeromeo (Posts: 135; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
You meant 850/1900 is for AT&T (not T-Mobile which is AWS 1700).
12. gaby1451 (Posts: 109; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
What would really make this beast a Hercules is if it had a qHD resolution screen at 4.5in. Mmmm...
15. Audelio13 (Posts: 14; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Seems like this will replace my Captivate, until an LTE device comes out for at&t, until then I won't upgrade. :o