US launch of the HTC One not affected by the delays as it's 'on a separate timetable'
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1449; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
might as well release it now and get at least one or 2 sales before the gs4 is officially annouced.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Galaxy s4 is garbage man and you'd be a fool to think its any thing different from the S3
Do your self a favor and get the HTC One
11. ghostnexus (Posts: 96; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It seems like Samsung is going the Apple route,
26. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Saying a phone is garbage before it's even released is pointless, especially one as large as the Galaxy S series. Obviously, you like Sony and are scared or are just a pathetic Samsung hater.
30. nexusalltheway (Posts: 69; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
Cudnt agree more. S4 will be a huge success and it will beat HTC One by FARRRRRRRR!!!!
38. oister85 (Posts: 439; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
we don't know that yet, if samsung release another plastic phone , there's going to be alot of disappointed people Including me. sony and htc might have chance this time.
24. NateAdam8 (Posts: 388; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Don't diss the Best looking Smartphone ever just cause your Samsung FanBoy empty head can't count :-)
3. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Lol who would want that big piece of plactic? Don't be surprised if HTC gives samsung a run for their money this year man.
6. DGRAY (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Gotta remember you think its a big piece of plastic the 60 million people with the S3 would disagree with you. Htc will be lucky to sell 15 million units, Samsung will do tha in the first month and a half. just saying
9. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
60 million people became victims to marketing...just saying..
10. DGRAY (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Well maybe HTC should market better and in no way am i hating on HTC... As much as we all hate Apple as a business they have trained their followers into making billions. We all hate that approach but as a company it works
12. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
correct Android4u ++
if wait for one to hard then u can go for s4..
but one is king 2013
-battary is very good
-camera is best
-sense 5 is unique
-best buil quality and design
-powerfull hardware and exellent software
-top lcd and best screen since now
what do we expect of cellphone??
im waiting 4 one even next a little later.
16. tech-blast (Posts: 17; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I am using galaxy S3, only because it has removable battery and SD card. i will disagree with you. HTC phone are better in terms of build quality but lacking other features like above which is important for me.
7. amats69 (Posts: 1238; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
oh yeah! i dont care about the delay! im willing to wait for the release of HTC one in our AREA! i just dont need a cheap plastic looking phone! LOL
13. sun0066 (Posts: 107; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
I could care less if it is plastic or other material, true is we wont keep it that long, But I do care about specs, memory, software , camera thanks
18. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I'm going to get the best phone for my money. I can careless whether Samsung or HTC makes it.
The only contention I have is that many people commenting, have some sort of ESP ability and can tell that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is better than the HTC and it has not even been formally released yet. Especially, since everything that has been rumored so far seems to indicate that these phones are evenly spec'd and that the choice is going to come down to a much more debatable differentiator.
The major specs that are in common (in US) are:
- Snapdragon 600
- 1080p Screen (roughly equivalent dpi) - HTC One has 6.4% greater DPI
- Adruino 320 Graphics
The minor spec diffs
- Touchwiz vs Sense (this is a pick between which is less lame)
- Plastic vs Aluminum (This is a toss-up, personal preference)
- 2 buttons vs 3 buttons (neither are stock android on-screen buttons)
Things yet to be defined:
- 4 MP Ultrapixel vs 13 MP Samsung - Which takes better photos?
- Audio recording quality. HTC One is impressive. Samsung, to be determined.
- HTC One great speakerphone (stereo sound). Samsung, to be determined.
- Battery life. HTC 2300maH. Samsung will probably provide more, probably 2500-2600maH range. Thats 8.7-13.0% increase in battery. But Samsung may surprise us and release a phone with only 2400 maH.
I guess this is to say, that we have no idea if the S4 will be better than the HTC One. One thing we do know for certain is that the HTC One will be a great phone. But we may find out tomorrow that the S4 is better?
22. Taters (Posts: 5080; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I do not need any ESP abilities to know that the HTC One is inherently flawed. It is not hard. I have a laundry list of things that I hate about HTC devices and they haven't fixed many and have in fact, made some things worse. Therefore, there is a 99.99999999% chance that the GS4 is better. I came to the conclusion with science, not ESP abilities.
Yes, I have gotten my hands on the HTC One already in case you are wondering.
25. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
where is your laundry list?
have you held the S4?
o, speculation again. there is nothing scientific about your diatribe. try using logic next time as opposed to emotional rants.
27. Taters (Posts: 5080; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It is logic.
HTC One = poor button placement of their older devices. The power button and home button is placed even worse than before on the HTC One if you can believe it.
HTC One = poor battery life. Both the Techradar and the Verge cite poor battery life in their reviews.
HTC = Poor build quality including gaps and rattling volume rockers. I already noticed some gaps by the camera module and the volume rocker is wobbly just like all my other HTC phones. They also mentioned it in the Techradar review.
HTC Sense sucks, fact. no toggles on the notifications, blink feed running in the background at all times. Ugly app drawer.
As for the GS4, I am assuming it will be at least as good as the GS3 and nothing about the GS3 bothered me so yeah, I know.
It is called common sense and deductive reasoning, not ESP. Like I said, it isn't hard. I always use logic.
31. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
8 hours and 32 minutes of video playback is good enough for me. Can't really comment on the build quality because I never experienced the problem on any of my HTC phones.
I won't conclude on anything until I see the review from GSMArena.
28. Taters (Posts: 5080; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Plus Micro SD and removable battery is almost a given. It isn't hard to see where the GS4 will kill the HTC One.
You know when the sun comes up and when the sun comes down. You can't say for certain it will happen tomorrow because the sun could explode tomorrow for all we know. But you can be pretty damn sure.
And yes, I am pretty damn sure that the GS4 will have certain things that put it above the HTC One. It is logic.
21. bhagi108 (Posts: 21; Member since: 09 May 2012)
But yet still can't find any pre-order locations here in the US!
23. Taters (Posts: 5080; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It probably hasn't affected the US because the US was aiming for late March and April anyways. Probably only affects the places that were planning to release it in mid march.
34. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I would use Google translate to see what you just said, but I am too lazy right now lol sorry bro
32. wizzardtech (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
HTC one will be released simultaneously to various provider worldwide. Not like before that only inclusive to 1 carrier. Best decision they ever had. For Samsung user, pls dont be fooled by a marketing. Spend your hard earned money wisely
37. Taters (Posts: 5080; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
If only it was just marketing. Unfortunately, it is much more than that.
33. anjel1708 (Posts: 27; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
They are both going to be great phones. They are both going to have nice features. I will be disappointed if the coolest feature on the S4 is the pausing of the video if you look away and the scrolling..... weak. I know they wll still sell millions and millions if that is all they included with the same body.I am a fan of technology and I will buy the phone that has the best technology.
36. Taters (Posts: 5080; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
This is probably going to be a good thing for HTC fans though. Their products are riddled with software bugs and manufacturing defects so the extra time should help.
41. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Seriously, do you ever stop? I literally have scrolled down the news article of every HTC related article, and without fail, you are in the comments section, bashing HTC.
Get a life, you are nothing more than a dog barking at passing cars.
40. jlbora23 (Posts: 14; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
Doesn't make sense that HTC doesn't still put an SD card slot on their flagship devices. If they had an SD slot and 2500-3000mah battery supply then when people are comparing the two it would be a no-brainer absolutely no comparison between Samsung and HTC. They shoot themselves in the foot by not just putting themselves on level playing field with storage and battery capacity. Then all people would have to do is decide which has better build quality, nicer design, and features that they like and would use more according to their own daily life experiences.... HTC has them beat hands down in almost every catagory it looks like, except for marketing dollars where Sammy definitely has a huge edge. You would think with all that money they could spend a few bucks on development and design.....that would be too hard I guess