T-Mobile pre-paid sells out the Nokia Lumia 521
Now, T-Mobile's pre-paid service has sold out of the phone, which was priced at $199.99 with no contract. At that price T-Mobile was charging more than the $129.88 that Walmart tagged the phone at, and the $149.95 that the Lumia 521 was offered for on HSN. The latter also threw in a screen protector and a car charger.
There is no word when the phone will be back in stock for Walmart or T-Mobile, or when HSN will put the phone back up for sale.
source: T-Mobile via WMPoweruser
1. mr.techdude (Posts: 431; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Good for Nokia hope they get back I'm the game
35. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2748; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Selling all devices in a low quantity shipment which is about two to three devices isn't really a sellout.
36. papss (Posts: 2914; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
We all know it was more than 2-3 phones. Don't be a moron
54. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2748; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
How do you know? If it was about 10-15+ devices normally in stock I would agree. I don't think Nokia has the capacity for that many shipments per retailer.
39. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Selling low and mid devices ain't going to raise stocks, shares, profits!
53. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2748; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I'm referring to the number of devices kept in stock. Seems more like artificial demand.
56. madpiyal (Posts: 108; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Its like u and Mr Troll don't live in a real world. How come u guys write like this and feel proud of urselves. Market doesn't move in ur words if so then Chinese phone shouldn't be selling in millions. And don't act like kids this is not a place for immature guys with no brain, this is a place for smart guys with above average brains(geeks).
2. mydi.maus (unregistered)
Wow selling like hot cakes..imagine when the LUMIA 925 RELEASES it will have its own story..
3. GeekMovement (Posts: 1496; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I'd definitely buy that at less than $200 no contract. Nokia's Lumia line is incredible. I see so many customers carrying them at my work.
4. dexter_jdr (Posts: 903; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
5. jimjam (Posts: 227; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
Funny - I bought one from walmart and sold it a day later. Disappointed me.
It didn't feel very solid, T-mobile wouldn't unlock it without some bizarre prepaid usage like using it continuously for 60 days ( who uses a prepaid phone every day?!), can't turn off the capacitive button vibrate, back is difficult to remove etc etc. Camera was disappointing as well. Had difficulty focusing compared to my other phones. Wasn't impressed with the photo quality either.
I can't deny it is incredibly cheap but if you have access to mid to higher range phones then you'll most probably be disappointed.
7. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
You get what you pay for after all; at $150 price range there isnt an android phone that doesnt lag. You can probably get a cheap chinese phone but the quality is questionable.
9. Doakie (Posts: 739; Member since: 06 May 2009)
My buddy bought a HTC One V on Virgin Mobile for $49.99 when it went on sale around Christmas time and that thing doesn't seem to lag. It normally costs right around $129.99 I thought. Honestly the coolest prepaid phone I've seen is the LG Optimus L9 on tmobile for $199.99. That was an awesome phone.
20. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
My personal experience, most androids without a quad core are a no-go, It will lag somehow if you try a bit more intensive tasks, but not bad enough to to irritate you.
16. taikucing (unregistered)
I bought a Lenovo A800 for $165. Dual Core 1,2 GHz, smooth without lag, very clear 4.5" IPS display, good build quality, beautiful design, good camera, 2000 mAh battery. No problem until now. Better than any scumsung or LG or Sony entry level. I'm happy with it. If I bought Scumsung, I would regret it or perhaps drop it into my toilet. You think all Chinese phones are crap? What about Lenovo K900? That phone can kill the Galaxy S4 easily.
19. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
^ Lenovo is a well known brand; They are one of the largest laptop makers. K900 design > S4. Obvious.
11. tashreef (Posts: 475; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
you said "It didn't feel very solid " are you serious ? ahh that's something new...
58. jimjam (Posts: 227; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
Just my opinion based on actual use. It felt hollow with thin plastic. The rear cover is also a pain to remove and makes you feel like you are going to break something.
15. jeevan28111992 (Posts: 23; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
I agree But It Is A Ultra Budget Phone. Shouldn't Expect Much. But It Offers You Much More Than Android Phones At That Price Point
18. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 254; Member since: 07 May 2012)
dude it's a low end windows phone,do you expect the camera to be as advanced as the lumia 720/920/928/925.
this is what i hate, you buy a low end phone & compare it with a high end phone and then give the phone a low rating.
JIMJAM it's called a low end phone becuase there are certain compromises,lack of flash, nfc,camera ,display etc use your damn head!!!
57. jimjam (Posts: 227; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
I'm not comparing it to a high end phone. This camera was worse than the htc radar I had. The thing would struggle with focusing in moderate light.
I'm also not saying it is all bad. I'm just saying I can't understand the huge interest in this particular phone. You'd probably be better off with a used phone at this price mark such as the nokia 810 for instance.
I'm also upset with tmobile more than nokia for the poor unlock policy.
6. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 337; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
no hate here but please don't post stories of sold-out without knowing how much was the inventory available. ....
sorry for bad english. ..
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
Just like comments #5 says, people lining up to buy this not because they love wp nor Nokia, but simply because it's cheap and people will sell it in a higher price to gain profits...
how much the inventory (which gives only minimum amount of profits to tmo) available? I'll let you guess if you are a wise businessman
26. njguy (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 May 2013)
"...and people will sell it in a higher price to gain profits..."
So there's so much demand it can be resold for a profit ? Sweet. When you can do that you know it's a hit.
10. JMartin22 (Posts: 547; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Happy to hear and all, but if the company only orders a shipment of 50,000 units per se, sure; it can be easy for them to sell out on the phone.
14. Shubham412302 (Posts: 293; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
why won't it sell.?
low end android phones in this price range have single core and lags and this one is good for any one who doesn't cares about apps but about multimedia.
you throw any video at it, it will play it and no android phone with this s4 chipset its priced so much less.
htc one vc, sc and xperia l are priced higher.this is not a deal its a sale.
even Chinese android phones in this price range offer dual core mediateck processors and low build quality.
so this is best
17. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 467; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I checked one out at my friendly neighborhood T-Mobile store. It seems solidly built enough. The screen is obviously inferior to my Lumia 810 but it's not horrible, especially considering the price. It would make a great spare phone.
25. Galen20K (Posts: 498; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
That's Phonearena readers for you. If they're able to thumbs down a comment, they will absolutely do it even when it's unwarrented.
29. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5479; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Because they don't know a good phone when they see one.
30. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 467; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
That is probably why Facebook doesn't have a "dislike" button. The trolls would go ape5hit with it.
37. papss (Posts: 2914; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
No no he deserves to be ban for life considering 80% of his comments are rubbish
41. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And your's don't deserve no validity nor anything to discuss, just off topic, calling troll, bulls**t, banned, and aggravating others with abusive name. What rubbish is that? Totalky of topuc, stay on subject!
So the truth is rubbish now...!
Truth is indenial now!
Truth is misconception, to off topics?
You are not fit to dispute, but fit to anger, frustration.
43. papss (Posts: 2914; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Here we go again, poor poor troll so uneducated and misunderstood... Sorry I only had one carrot to feed you this morning... I think the bans speak for themselves.. I've never been ban while you have been ban many times
22. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Looks like there were 12 instock....!
Nokias highend device are not selling well!
Consumers are buying only mid, and low quality Wp8 devices to figure out "How the WP8 OS is"
Iv'e herd, seen so many people, friends and on the net saying "Iv'e sold my Nokia WP8 phone, cause it hardly had, has any apps"
34. tashreef (Posts: 475; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
i think you should read these reviews about Lumia 520 from the buyershttp://www.flipkart.com/nokia-lumia-520/product-reviews/ITMDJ5F6ZYYQY6DH?pid=M
38. papss (Posts: 2914; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I've seen test from a friend that said idiots that say the same comments on forums has a high estrogen level so troll must be more female than male
42. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I'm not saying that, that is, was the truth by all readers, posters, editors, and consumers.
44. papss (Posts: 2914; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Okay Pamela whatever you say... We having a woman sort of day today? They have Morton for that female problem
51. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 944; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
TROLL Nokia's products are selling just fine, much to the utter dismay of the company that is paying you to post negative criticism, and spread false rumors...
24. madpiyal (Posts: 108; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
There is no doubt that this is the best entry level mobile phone currently available in market. And its no surprise to sell it like hot cakes because it looks better than GS4(personal view) and comes with a reasonable 4" screen complemented with Dual Krait cores which is right in the slot to be considered as a day to day handset. There is no iphone to compete and in this price Android phones are a joke.
27. kindlefireowner (Posts: 275; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I would buy one if it was on AT&T or Verizon prepaid. Entry level android phones are horrible. Everybody knows that. But the fandroids who drink the Kool-Aid daily will never admit that another OS is doing something better than Android.
28. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5479; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
We were sold out for two weeks and got some more inat our store.
32. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well you shouldn't, cause you've been thumbed down!
Looks like you're lieing...?
40. papss (Posts: 2914; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I think it Shows that people are tired of the entry level my space phones so they are trying something else.
48. darkvadervip (Posts: 263; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
I got one and love it. Compared to other phones in the price range it great. Had a couple of cheap androids at the same price and got over heated batteries or hot screens after use. So for those who haven't use the phone stop complaining about the phone or stock.
49. medicci37 (Posts: 538; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I would rather spend more & get the Nexus
55. madpiyal (Posts: 108; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Its for the people who cant afford more like u can. that's why ur comment is irrelevant.