SwiftKey Keyboard goes free, now comes with SwiftKey Store, new themes, 800+ emojis, and more
Probably the most notable one is the SwiftKey Store, which allows fans of the app to download additional themes and spice up the keyboard a bit. Currently, there are around 30 available themes in the SwiftKey Store, and just a small portion of them can be downloaded for free. Additionally, users can purchase various packs that contain several themes. Fortunately, SwiftKey has not forgotten the users that have previously purchased the premium version of the keyboard – they can go ahead and claim a Premier Pack bundle of 10 themes for free.
Additionally, SwiftKey now has more than 800 emojis in tow, which are "just a tap away from the regular keyboard". Speaking of emojis, the app has also received an interesting emoji prediction feature – for example, if you type "love", SwiftKey will suggest love-related emojis to you.
And here is the full changelog of SwiftKey Keyboard 5.0:
- SwiftKey Store, with 30+ new themes and counting
- New beautiful default theme
- Emoji support, with over 800 to choose from
- Emoji prediction and learning
- Optional dedicated number row
- Improved prediction engine and Flow accuracy
- New languages
- New, improved Flow trails
Download: SwiftKey (Android)
source: SwiftKey via Android Police
28. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I don't know why anyone would any other keyboard
2. Jason2k13 (Posts: 657; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
the best keyboard app just became even better.
3. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1457; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I still prefer Swype but I will see how the paid SwiftKey version goes for me.
5. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1457; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
That was the second try after a year. I'm happy with Swype. *Uninstalls SwiftKey*
27. james004 (Posts: 485; Member since: 15 May 2013)
i know that feeling. once your settle with one thing its diffcult to switch specially when there isnt much advantage. For me its google keyboard. i love it. i tried minuum keyboard, swype, swiftkey, fleksy. Not is good as google keyboard for me. All are great though! just not my preference.
29. Fellwalker (Posts: 64; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
18 minutes including install time. Get real.
4. imej88 (unregistered)
Fantastic app. So easy yet so fast and efficient. Loved the update!
6. Anshulonweb (Posts: 348; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
i just installed it and after a hour of use Uninstalled it.....i prefer my stock xperia keyboard....
7. apple4never (Posts: 970; Member since: 08 May 2013)
wow yo i already bought the app, cmon maybe a few more themes for those who already paid?
8. vincelongman (Posts: 1583; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Actually people who paid get the $4.99 theme pack for 'free'
Check the themes page
12. PeterK. (Posts: 118; Member since: 13 Nov 2013)
"Fortunately, SwiftKey has not forgotten the users that have previously purchased the premium version of the keyboard – they can go ahead and claim a Premier Pack bundle of 10 themes for free."
15. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
I had pirated app and I too got those premier pack lol.
25. apple4never (Posts: 970; Member since: 08 May 2013)
lol but you do realize you just admitted to a crime on a public website right?
30. Fellwalker (Posts: 64; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
Not something to boast about, you thief.
9. mike2959 (Posts: 265; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Awesome keyboard , It was great until 4.4.2 rolled out. Now it's a battery drain. Uninstalled it, reinstalled it. Also wiped the phone. Get a "gapps process has stopped" warning when booting the phone. It is not optimized for kitkat. Stock LG G2.
26. ePoch270 (Posts: 104; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Bummer. But it works flawlessly on my Note 3. No battery problems and has never crashed. 4.4.2.
13. Losdog25 (Posts: 27; Member since: 28 Aug 2009)
I love swift key and glad that they looked out for the people who purchased it already. I tried using the new emojis but when I sent the message it was a different face that didn't match what I wanted. From happy to embarrassed face so I switched back to my other keyboard
14. tokuzumi (Posts: 336; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
This is good news. For me and my uses, this has been the best keyboard I've found. Autocorrect, and next word prediction are better than any other keyboard in the play store. This is the word prediction engine SkyNet will use on the terminators.
16. SellPhones82 (Posts: 558; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
The best keyboard IMO. Been using it for years now and got it for free from Amazon awhile back but it's much better from the Play Store as any updates hit much faster. The cloud based user dictionary is my fav since I tend to factory reset my phones at times.
17. JunitoNH (Posts: 964; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Phonearena- Thank you for this tip. Even though you're carrying around a lot deadwood :) You provide vital information.
18. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 169; Member since: 27 May 2014)
Woke up to a email about this I'm sooooo glad they added emoji really big step for the android keyboard now no ugly third party plug in just to get emoji. But maybe that step was made to work well with the new upcoming iPhone 6 with ios8
19. sudbury78 (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
Is anyone experiencing extreme lag with this app? It takes a few seconds to open and I see a 1 second delay with typing...
20. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Wow great news....... Its my go to keyboard, tried many keyboards, but this one is always on my phone, it's memory management is better than swype....... Though there is little bit lag, here and there especially when i'm downloading something on torrent......... But overall it's one of the best out there...
21. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4103; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Finally. I love Swiftkey, the only thing I saw wrong with it is that most of the themes were ugly. I love the spotlight themes
22. piratestation (Posts: 15; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
This is great! Really like Swiftkey... but where's the dedicated row for numbers? This is the main reason Swiftkey is not my default keyboard.
23. piratestation (Posts: 15; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
nevermind, just saw that as a new option. awesome!
24. Stuntman (Posts: 754; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I've decide to give it another try after using Kii for over a year. I stopped using it at the time because I kept making too many keying errors. Trying it now again after a year, I find I'm not making those errors. Weird. I'll keep it for now. If those same errors creep back in, I'll just go back to Kii.
31. Fellwalker (Posts: 64; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
Very disappointed that SwiftKey has gone freemium when I had paid for it. I don't want themes (or even like those given to me) I want my 4 arrow keys back on my tablet.
32. true1984 (Posts: 593; Member since: 23 May 2012)
ive been using swiftkey since it was a beta on my old htc hero. since i used the beta they gave me the paid version free. so i've never paid for this app and its the longest i've ever used a single app