Sprint's HTC One users getting update to Android 4.3 today
This is not a small update either. Weighing in at a massive 564MB, make sure your phone is fully charged and you might want to be rockin' a Wi-Fi connection before spending your precious data on such a download. OTA updates like this one are usually sent out in waves, or phases. That means if you don't receive it today, you will soon. You might also want to check manually to see if the update is already available on your phone.
source: @JasonMacHTC via IntoMobile
2. NexusPhan (Posts: 586; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Ha! The Galaxy Nexus doesn't even have 4.3 yet. You have a minimum of 2 months to go.
8. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
If you want updates on a Big Red device, buy an iphone, otherwise wait 6 months to still be 1 version behind. Verizon and CDMA in general is a joke.
12. JC557 (Posts: 1228; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Don't be an uneducated idiot spouting out junk. Read up on CDMA and it's inherent abilities. Sprint is on CDMA and is pushing the HTC One update. (PhoneArena really needs less of these people)
As for Verizon, I wouldn't put it past them to drag their heels, though there were some instances where we were pleasantly surprised.
14. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i dont have the HTC One. Im actually a sales rep for VZW and my buddy plans on coming to get an HTC One from me later this week. i wasnt asking for myself, but rather for him.
27. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
This is not the mid 90s anymore, CDMA has no advantages over GSM anymore, it is actually worse. The only reason Sprint and Verizon haven't switch to GSM is because they want to lock all the phones to their network only.
32. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 206; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
LTE is a GSM based technology bro. I could care less what the software version number says on my droid cause it'll store have more features out of the box when compared to the iphone while still being reliable. If you like iphones thats cool its still a personal preference but to make it a game of who's got the highest software version is a joke.
31. Malique001 (Posts: 58; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
HTC has stated that the Verizon HTC One will get the update at the last days of Oct. T-Mobile & AT&T will get it during mid Oct. Considering the fact that Verizon's comes pre-installed with 4.2.2, them releasing the update last isn't as bad, well imo.
3. Fallin (Posts: 65; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
T-Mobile and ATT will get Mid October and VZW will be by end of October. I read it on HTC Facebook page.
23. akki20892 (Posts: 3776; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
6. Xavier1415 (Posts: 23; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
yes!!! I got my update im in Charlotte NC thank you sprint!
7. Ninetysix (Posts: 1856; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Wow ..wtf. I didn't see this one coming. Who would have thought that HTC will release 4.3 before Samsung. Patiently waiting for Samsung/At&T to release it for my S4. It better not lock the bootloader either.
19. adolert15 (Posts: 27; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Hopefully, this will be standard for all futures HTC phones.
25. Yes-Sir (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
You "troll" you don't own a S4....? Every time Isee you trolling and hating on AAndroid, Samsung. You love Apple and your a fanboy! Just to cover up yourself by not getting a warnings by PhoneArena you make lyeing assumptions.... O also you love making and starting, causing flame wars!
9. amats69 (Posts: 1225; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Wow great move by HTC! Sprint htc one user enjoy the 4.3 update!
13. JC557 (Posts: 1228; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Yes, let us know if 4.3 improves the battery life some more as it did on the Nexus 4 (though not all).
11. md227a (Posts: 137; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Major kudos to Sprint getting this out, and not sitting on it for months.
15. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Great job HTC. Keep up the fast updates
22. akki20892 (Posts: 3776; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
yessssssss that's a only thing we need.
28. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Really thats it? You have the worst network in the US but okay.
29. Yes-Sir (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
I had a feeling you would post! I was thinking where is Shatter, and why no hate, trolling posts, comments yet....?
We no you hate HTC...
17. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Good job Sprint, let this be a show of things to come.
18. newbey123 (Posts: 518; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Nice, loving me some HTC now, they are upping their game.
20. harigrg33 (Posts: 175; Member since: 20 May 2013)
hope this 4.3 update brings life to the batery... my s4 battery has started showing its old age situation now a days...
24. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Impressed, simply said.
Wonder how long it'll be before the OneX will get its update or other former flagships?
30. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
The one X has 4.2.2 but only the international one
33. smacsteve (Posts: 53; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Really? Sprint's HTC One beats AT&T to the market with 4.3?!! That's nuts.