Sony Xperia S benchmark tests
1. 1701nino (unregistered)
Wait???Isn't snapdragon S3 built on cortex A-8 architecture?
5. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
it is a heavily modified A8 core, called the Scorpion
9. weirdfisher (Posts: 51; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
That means it is not A9. No matter how heavy you modify
12. moosa.mahsoom (Posts: 22; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
bad move by sony....should have put a krait processor.....a modified Cortex A15.
2. snowgator (Posts: 3515; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Very excited to see how Sony performs on its own. Betting within a couple of years, Sony will be challenging for top Android performer.
6. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
so the S3 on Sony beats the galaxy sII and even the nexus on ICS hands down?
not bad for a "crapdragon".
i thought i'd pass this first generation of Sony dual cores, but now i just might end up buying one ..with ICS, xperia s should be as smooth as can be
8. hobble (Posts: 130; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Those scores aren't better than what my s2 gets.
13. Firedrops (Posts: 242; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Then again, this benchmark is most probably ran on stock android, and if you're a viewer of this site, it's unlikely thatyour s2 runs on stock android.
7. Rayzin (Posts: 83; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
If that is beating the Galaxy Nexus shouldn't the Rezound be getting around the same score?
11. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Could be if only HTC could optimize their chips the way SONY does right now. . .
10. joey18 (Posts: 587; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
The. Xperia ion is nice when will bring ics